教育王國 討論區 國際學校 2007 ESF Year 1 Application
樓主: ggbb
go

2007 ESF Year 1 Application [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 06-10-17 11:07 |只看該作者

Re: 2007 ESF Year 1 Application

Dear redJade

You are lucky to get a place in ESF schools.  We applied for school yr of 2005/06 and 2006/07.  Even we are British passport holders, no interviews were granted.  Top priority is given to those families who do not know or communicate in Cantonese.  Even those putonghua families are given higher priority than us, cantonese speaking but with British passport.

For those living in Shatin , it would be safer to secure a place in RC or DSS schools as there is keen competition in SJS.

jwytl

22#
發表於 06-10-17 20:42 |只看該作者

mtot: His eng is ok. Not great as native but sufficient to survive. I talk to him in eng.sometimes.   We read lots of books together, both eng & chi ones. His kinder has 2 eng session each week. I have him joining eng classes once a while. One semester with british council and one summer with Woodland. I don't expect miracle fm these class. Just for him to interact with different people.  I think learning language needs lots of practice. Everything adds up at the end.

mom2twins:He's at mainstream kinder. Yes, K3 at local kinder is = to Y1 at ESF. One of his classmate got accept to Bradbury as well. but we were accepted as waiting list. I think it's luck related just like what jwytl mentioned.  Maybe this year is just not as competitive. The newspaper said there's less
children to complete for P1 admission this year.

23#
發表於 06-10-18 14:16 |只看該作者

minggrace: Do you have another child already attending ESF primary? Is your child currently going to ESF Kindergarten? If yes, then you shouldn't have to worry so much as your child will get higher priority than a lot of other applicants.

Hi jwytl: wow, can't believe Mandarin speaking families get higher priority than Cantonese speaking ones.

Dear redJade: You did put a lot of effort to ensure your child has good exposure to different English environment. Thank you for your valuable input! Would you mind sharing the interview experience at Bradbury with us? e.g. How was the interview conducted, how long it took, what activities were involved/tested. I really appreciate your help!
Wish your child a happy school life in Kennedy School!

24#
發表於 06-10-18 16:41 |只看該作者

esf 密度比較低係山頂個間, 據聞有位, 不過返學太麻煩.  我屋企行落去5分鐘就係glenealy , 但係聽講而家新劃嘅校網, 我個b (好似太早 )要入山頂, 真係 我屋企去山頂要坐成廿分鐘車, 如果搭校車就更耐.  個間esf好似好多西人.

25#
發表於 06-10-18 21:36 |只看該作者

ggbb: Thank you.
Sure, about the interview....
It was a one on one interview by the asst. principal. Normally it would be a group interview, but my son was on waiting list so there was him only on that date. The lady took him into her room and talk for about 20min. My son told me they read book together. Asked him what his mammy and daddy do. Then he needed to arrange the sequence for a few pictures. The pictures were about brushing teeth. The lady was very friendly and she really made my son felt comfortable.
Good luck to all of you and thanks for sharing here.

26#
發表於 06-10-19 13:50 |只看該作者

Dear redJade

Would you mind telling me how old is your kid now?  Will they accept kid born in early 2001 for 07/08 P2?

Thanks a lot.

27#
發表於 06-10-19 14:30 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

28#
發表於 06-10-19 16:21 |只看該作者

Hi, redJade,

Oh, your kid's classmate got accepted as well !!  Do you mind telling us which kindy your kid currently studying at?

Many thanks,

redJade 寫道:
mtot: His eng is ok. Not great as native but sufficient to survive. I talk to him in eng.sometimes.   We read lots of books together, both eng & chi ones. His kinder has 2 eng session each week. I have him joining eng classes once a while. One semester with british council and one summer with Woodland. I don't expect miracle fm these class. Just for him to interact with different people.  I think learning language needs lots of practice. Everything adds up at the end.

mom2twins:He's at mainstream kinder. Yes, K3 at local kinder is = to Y1 at ESF. One of his classmate got accept to Bradbury as well. but we were accepted as waiting list. I think it's luck related just like what jwytl mentioned.  Maybe this year is just not as competitive. The newspaper said there's less
children to complete for P1 admission this year.

29#
發表於 06-10-20 21:05 |只看該作者

Hi swimblue : I've read about quiet a lot of kids fm Starter and Woodland get in esf primary.  From my won experience, I felt that they in-take student really base on the priority category and the language level of candidate. It was just a coincident that one of my son's classmate also applied for esf and both got accepted. Some of his classmate go to other IS as well. It's the parent's preference rather than the school background.

Chocoball: my son is 5 1/2. For sure you can apply for 07/08 school year. I believe it's possible that they will have a place for you because the mobility of student is high at early grades.

30#
發表於 06-10-20 22:13 |只看該作者

redjade: Thanks again for sharing the interview info with us!

31#
發表於 06-11-23 23:23 |只看該作者

Offers of interviews will be made before the end of this month! And this year, all children attending ESF kindergartens will be offered an interview but not necessarily in the school of zone!

32#
發表於 06-11-24 13:46 |只看該作者

hi ggbb,

All the children attending ESF Kindergarten will receive an offer of interview? How do you know this?

No school zone for them? They can chose any school even not in the catchment area?

33#
發表於 06-11-24 14:03 |只看該作者

cpmummy,

ESF has sent out emails to all applicants yesterday with all the details.  If you did not receive it, maybe you can call to check.

They will also offer interview soon, via email as well I believe.

34#
發表於 06-11-24 14:47 |只看該作者

WYmon,

May I know who send this e-mail? from the center or from individual primary school? As I just call up the center, the lady said they didn't send out any e-mail to applicant.

35#
發表於 06-11-24 14:53 |只看該作者

cpmummy,

The letter is sent out by Chris Force (Mr)
Head of Parent & Student Services - ESF.

The sender email is from ESF Centre.

The receptionist may not know about mails sent.  Suggest you to ask Ms. Julie Wong, the Admission Manager.

36#
發表於 06-11-24 15:20 |只看該作者

WYmon,

thank you so much, i will check with her.

Best regards,
Emily

37#
發表於 06-11-24 22:53 |只看該作者

請問RC是那間學校?與ESF有什麼不同,如現在才apply北角的ESF 07�08的P1是否冇機會?

38#
發表於 06-11-25 13:24 |只看該作者

WYmom: Thank you for your info!

39#
發表於 06-11-25 13:33 |只看該作者

cpmummy: Sorry for the late reply! I guess to ensure all ESF Kindergarten students get an interview this year, ESF Centre has to assign some students to a different school outside their school zone if there are too many applicants in the same Category, especially the schools in Kowloon/NT...

samelsaho: RC= Renaissance College
http://www.renaissance.edu.hk/home.php
It is a private independant school run by ESF. It adopts the IB program and located in Ma On Shan. The school caters for local students and has a bigger emphasis on Chinese language.

If you submit an application now to ESF Quarry Bay School (not sure if you still have to send your application to ESF Centre instead of the school itself) for Y1 Aug 2007, since it has past the SEPT deadline so your child will receive low priority for an interview. But doesn't hurt to give it a try!

40#
發表於 06-11-30 15:27 |只看該作者

Has anyone received the letter for interview yet?
‹ 上一主題|下一主題