用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 有無在Victoria畢業, 分享升小學後的情況? ...
樓主: nov03bb
go

有無在Victoria畢業, 分享升小學後的情況? [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 06-7-21 22:37 |只看該作者

Re: 有無在Victoria畢業, 分享升小學後的情況?

hellokids 寫道:
Me too coz I'm really attracted by the IB concept!  The only thing I concern about Victoria primary is the discipline of the school coz I seldom heard about any comments on this area.  Anyone who could PLEASE share something?

Yes, IB concept and new campus are really attractive.  Anyone can share more about Victoria Primary.  Thank you.

22#
發表於 06-7-21 22:41 |只看該作者

me too, i don't eant let my child very stressful in the child stage,and hope he enjoy the happy school life
BoBoCute 寫道:
[quote]
I found the primary allocation of
Victoria was not as good as St Catherine.
(Primary allocation : DBSPD, DGS, St Paul Co-edu)

From my discussion with other Victoria kinder's parents, it seems that DBSPD, DGS, St Paul Co-ed are not the no. 1 dream schools of many Victoria parents.  We like HKUGA, St. Stephen's College prep, Ramondi, international schools, etc better.  
For myself, I don't plan to apply DGS and St. Paul's Co-ed at all.  

[/quote]

23#
發表於 06-7-24 04:58 |只看該作者

Dear all,

Thank you for your sharing, I had already sent a letter to St.Cat to withdraw from the school and let my son staying at Victoria.

24#
發表於 06-7-24 09:47 |只看該作者

In terms of IB, are you concern if Victoria is competitive with those international schools e.g. ESF, given that IB is an international assessement.  

I personally like Victoria but I have this concern.

25#
發表於 06-7-24 11:49 |只看該作者

money support no problem,language may be ESF is better.
VSA and ESF  ARE new for this program
so need to wait for their result

26#
發表於 06-7-24 12:26 |只看該作者

To be fair, VSA should  have better Chinese than ESF.   

In fact, at least oral English of VSA is weaker than the other International Schools because most students of VSA are local HK people.  

However, I agreed with Matthew_mama that they are too new for running IB.  We have to wait for their results.  At this moment, no one know.

matthew_mama 寫道:
money support no problem,language may be ESF is better.
VSA and ESF  ARE new for this program
so need to wait for their result

27#
發表於 06-7-24 15:31 |只看該作者

Just wish to share with you a piece of news from Ming Pao on 14 July 06.  Though IB is new for ESF, their result looks quite good.  Probably Victoria will has similar result, let's see.  

【明報專訊】英基學校協會沙田學院學生,在今年國際文憑課程(International Baccalaureate,簡稱IB)考試,97%學生考獲及格成績。學生周游獲45分滿分,膺女狀元。她自幼學習單簧管,今次亦靠撰寫有關音樂的 4000字學術論文,奪得高分「食糊」。

沙田學院 97%學生及格

沙田學院今年共有97%學生及格,較去年增加2個百分點﹔考獲40分(45分滿分)以上的學生有19%,去年則有22%。

沙田學院畢業生周游於澳洲出生,小一起入讀英基學校,兩年前英國會考11科之中,5科獲A*(最高成績)、5科A及1科B。她坦言,會考成績僅屬中上,但 IB課程有助她發揮潛能,奪得佳績。她自小醉心學習單簧管,除了選修的音樂科獲得滿分,她亦自選以音樂為題撰寫「學術理論」文章,令她最後獲得全卷滿分。

IB課程有助發揮潛能

愈來愈多本地學校有意加入IB課程,周游認為,IB與重公開試表現的會考、高考課程非常不同,「會考只要求你答對問題,但IB要求你自己發掘問題」,因此學生必須真正熱愛和投入學科。她向日後IB考生教路﹕「學生必須有獨立、自覺的學習態度﹔亦要對多個科目有學習興趣。」她又計劃暑假後赴澳洲,繼續深造音樂。

由2007年起,其餘4間英基中學,包括港島中學、西島中學、南島中學及英皇佐治五世學校,將全部轉為IB課程。

28#
發表於 06-7-24 20:40 |只看該作者

I'm personally pretty like Victoria because of the following reasons:

1) Victoria's school fee is not so high comparing to the other Int'l schools which have IB program provided.
2) It has regular Chinese lessons that a lot of other Int'l schools couldn't provide for their students.

However, the followings are my concerns:

1) Heard that the school teachers are not very stable and the school administration is pretty messy (not sure if it is rumour or not).
2) Whether the discipline of the students are okay (whether the school is promoting a good moral concept) since I never heard about anything from this area.

29#
發表於 06-7-26 16:06 |只看該作者

[quote]
hellokids 寫道:
1) Heard that the school teachers are not very stable and the school administration is pretty messy (not sure if it is rumour or not).
yes, i listen from some parent in VP and the teacher reture rate very high
2) Whether the discipline of the students are okay (whether the school is promoting a good moral concept) since I never heard about anything from this area.
Discipline like IS

30#
發表於 06-7-26 16:23 |只看該作者

Stability of teacher is a common problem in new schools.

31#
發表於 06-7-26 20:24 |只看該作者

Matthew Mama/LalaWong,

Thanks much for your response to my note!

32#
發表於 06-9-22 03:54 |只看該作者

有冇媽咪知道何文田果間的老師質素如何 ?

33#
發表於 06-9-22 07:31 |只看該作者

何文田果間的老師
i listen from my friend said there is very good they move from middle kornhill
to there

34#
發表於 06-10-13 01:07 |只看該作者

英文好, 英文教數程度也不低,中文今年開始用有漢語拼音的書, 每週中英默書各一次,IB相等於傳統學校的常識健教, 維小是本地人學校, 今年開始學術抓得頗緊,作業量也有所增加.相當多學生課餘補英語和普通話公文數等.

35#
發表於 06-12-4 01:11 |只看該作者

我有計劃比芷霖考victoria, 可否分享一下 ??

thank you !

36#
發表於 06-12-17 04:50 |只看該作者

仲有冇家長可以再分享下?

37#
發表於 06-12-17 11:26 |只看該作者

宏B仍未畢業, 但如果您有興趣知多點有關何文田維多利亞,
這裡有一些資料.

宏B在兩歲半時入讀海峰園維多利亞英普Pre-Nursery班,
當時只會說英語.
入學後半年(即三歲左右)就可以用全普通話跟我們談話.
當宏B升上K1時, 由於搬家關係,
我們把他轉到維多利亞(何文田)就讀, 剛好她PN的班主任也被派過去, 還有其他許多康山的老師. 玩具和圖書都貼著康山的label, 相信是把康山的物資都搬過去, 另外還新添了不少圖書配合教學. 所以雖然是新校, 但不論師資和物資都十分充足, 沒有出現脫節的情況.

何文田校舍全部用木為裝修材料,
玩具及傢具等, 全部用木做,
很有歐洲feel.

最初轉過去時, 我還不知道學校在預備IB課程,
後來才知道學校正在培訓老師行IB(PYP?).
去年觀課時, 看到學校已正式落實了IB, 但仍保留有本地課程部份, 令學生既可以銜接行IB的維多利亞滬江小學, 又可以銜接本地小學. K2開始學寫字, 功課不是天天有, 但有時一天會有兩樣或三樣. 英文方面主要是學字母及Phonics, 中文方面,由教筆劃筆順開始. 寫的方面要求不算高也不算低(不太淺但量也不少), 但學校在思考方法及學習態度上刻意栽培. 孩子升上K2後明顯問多了很多問題, 也很有自己解決問題的動力. 閱讀方面, 亦十分的積極.

自理方面, 學校也要求小朋友能做的事自己做,
(我覺得這點十分重要, 因現今很多小朋友都是家人照顧週到)
小朋友回學校後要自己換鞋及放好,
玩玩具後, 也要一同幫忙收拾好.
此外, 學校亦有一本家校分享手冊,
每兩個月老師會報告學生在學校的自理及成長情況,
也請家長填寫孩子在家的自理及成長情況.
孩子都希望在老師心裡留個好印象,
所以他會很介懷媽媽如何填寫手冊,
也是一個很好的原動力使他在學校學會的自理能力帶回家裡.

紀律方面,
我覺得升了K2後比以前嚴格, 這樣也是不錯的.
如果不乖, 要坐在time-out chair上,
也可能會沒有貼紙.

評估方面, K2還未有考試或測驗,
但不知道之後或K3會不會有.
除成績表外, 學校還會發回一本學習資料檔案(Portfolio).
裡面有孩子學習時的照片和老師描述孩子的學習情況.

整體來說, 宏B讀了三年, 其中兩年在何文田,
他十分喜歡上學, 星期六日都話要番學,
他能說流利英文及普通話.
老師有愛心且能鼓勵學生改進,
使宏B知錯能改, 又仍然十分喜歡老師.
綜觀宏B及他的同學們, 都十分有自信及喜歡學習.

從教育的角度看, 我覺得維多利亞是一所很好的學校,
(我來自教育界, BK很多家長都見過我的,
但並不是維多利亞的老師, 不是為它賣廣告)
並不如坊間所說的 “商業化”
但的確有一批對教育不太了解的家長,
慕名把孩子送進去讀,
但又以商業的眼光去看學校,
用消費者的角度看, 然後對學校有許多無理的要求.
例如, 學校並沒有書單,
學生並不用買課本,
但很難得學校的老師設計了一系列配合教學的學習材料,
這些學習材料對學生學習很有幫助,
但學校不會強迫我們買,
是可以自行選購的.
但如要從商業化的角度看, 當然商業化啦!

今年, 我把宏B的弟弟 - 希希,
也送到維多利亞.
以往, 幾個校舍都有開英普的PN班,
但今年學校則很強調,
以廣東話為母語的小朋友,
宜先學好英文,
之後才學普通話.
否則, 反而影響小朋友的發展.
所以這兩年只在海峰園開英普的PN班.
由於爸爸是普通話人,
所以希希都有幸入番海峰的英普班.
(入班的基本要求好像是: 父或母其中一方是普通話人)
明年, 為方面照顧,
我已申請把希希轉回何文田K1英普班.

希望這些資料幫到大家了解維記啦!

38#
發表於 06-12-18 23:37 |只看該作者

宏媽,
好多謝你的資料 ! thank you so much !

我個女是2005年10月28日出世, 已入紙報名等2007年2月interview, 希望佢地收我芷霖啦 !

39#
發表於 06-12-19 15:55 |只看該作者

May be I can share my experience. My son studied in Harbour Height Victoria PN class and he enjoyed every minute of it, the teachers are experienced and caring and they provided very good bilingual environment. We then moved house and had to change him to another kinder near to our new house and what a mistake that was. The school could not meet our expectations at all and my son did not enjoy it, he did not gain much from his 2 years of school life there, and that's why I decided to move back to where we were and luckily he got accepted into Victoria Primary and he again loves schools and we are very satisfied with the school curriculum, the teachers and thier IB vision. My little girl is now attending PN class at Victoria Harbour Height and again we feel we made a good choice, she could not wait to get out of the house every morning to go to school. I really regretted moving house in the first place and taking away from my son the much better quality education he could have received had he stayed in Victoria Kinder.

40#
發表於 06-12-20 09:03 |只看該作者

Baoma,

Which kindergarten you son attended after leaving Victoria?

Congra. that your son is now in your dream school.   Apart from Victoria Primary school, did you also got other offers?   And why u finally choose Victoria?

Thx.

Baoma 寫道:
May be I can share my experience. My son studied in Harbour Height Victoria PN class and he enjoyed every minute of it, the teachers are experienced and caring and they provided very good bilingual environment. We then moved house and had to change him to another kinder near to our new house and what a mistake that was. The school could not meet our expectations at all and my son did not enjoy it, he did not gain much from his 2 years of school life there, and that's why I decided to move back to where we were and luckily he got accepted into Victoria Primary and he again loves schools and we are very satisfied with the school curriculum, the teachers and thier IB vision. My little girl is now attending PN class at Victoria Harbour Height and again we feel we made a good choice, she could not wait to get out of the house every morning to go to school. I really regretted moving house in the first place and taking away from my son the much better quality education he could have received had he stayed in Victoria Kinder.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題