搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Chinese International School
查看: 13802|回覆: 24
go

Chinese International School [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 05-9-19 00:17 |只看該作者

Chinese International School

Mydaughter is not even one year old and I'm totally stressed out about which school to choose.  I've heard good things about CIS.  I'd like to know if anyone has any interviewing experience with CIS?  Which preschools are preferred by CIS?  I've heard a corp. deb. can pretty much guarantee acceptance, is this true? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

2#
發表於 05-9-21 09:20 |只看該作者

Re: Chinese International School

Most of the CIS's students come from very very rich families.  Very few students are from upper-middle class.  Big and listed companies queue up to purchase corporate debentures.   You may phone up CIS to make an appointment for a school visit so that you may get a first hand information directly from the school.     

goodma

3#
發表於 05-9-22 09:07 |只看該作者

really...is it really all about money..there must be regular people there???  if this is the case.  my question..is this school one of the best in HK academically or is it all about money???  Does anyone know which intl schools rank what??  Please advise if you know.  my interest is really the academic program as opposed to the "stardom" of the school.

4#
發表於 05-9-22 23:50 |只看該作者

Not as good as you think ! just a group of Rich kid with ordinary IQ and talent nothing special !

My niece studies there. English is Ok(just Oral one) crab spelling , crab maths.

Not worth, Better try German-Swiss much more better than CIS !
Msma

5#
發表於 05-9-23 10:25 |只看該作者

Hi Msma,

What's good about German-Swiss ?  I heard it is very hard to get in.   I understand they don't have chinese program.  So the children wont have a chance to learn Chinese.

Msma 寫道:
Not as good as you think ! just a group of Rich kid with ordinary IQ and talent nothing special !

My niece studies there. English is Ok(just Oral one) crab spelling , crab maths.

Not worth, Better try German-Swiss much more better than CIS !
該用戶已被刪除

6#
發表於 05-9-23 10:39 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

7#
發表於 05-9-23 11:39 |只看該作者

Hi J&K,

Did your niece have a corporate debenture ? Or did she get in based on her own performance at the interview ?

I heard the school is very academically focused.  Is that true ?

J&K 寫道:
very true indeed.  GSIS is EXTREMELY difficult getting in unless you have the coporate debenture on your hand.

My niece is also attending GSIS, excellent oral English (no difference from a native speaker), spelling wise, well, the school said they would teach that at a later stage.  Not sure about the Maths.

But it is true that there is no Chinese program, and my niece is so reluctant to learn and speak, given that her mother is a teacher at a local primary school.
該用戶已被刪除

8#
發表於 05-9-23 14:36 |只看該作者

9#
發表於 05-9-23 18:34 |只看該作者

Would you say that GSIS is a better school than CIS? Can I ask which preschool your niece attended?  And if you get a corp deb (how much r they?) r they automatically accepted?
該用戶已被刪除

10#
發表於 05-9-23 19:45 |只看該作者

11#
發表於 05-9-24 23:57 |只看該作者

the corp deb are 600k from the school but they are no longer selling them so you have to buy from the second hand market which can be more expensive

12#
發表於 05-9-25 00:26 |只看該作者

mamalam,

Do you know how to buy a corp debenture from a second market ?  Do you have any contact information ?

13#
發表於 05-9-25 21:53 |只看該作者

I don't know the exact process...heard it through the grapevine...just know that it can be quite expensive..  r u considering going to this school? if so, would you mind telling me why you have chosen this school.

14#
發表於 05-9-25 22:18 |只看該作者

Our baby is not an age to decide on primary school yet.  I was just curious how an individual can obtain a corporate debenture.

15#
發表於 05-9-25 23:33 |只看該作者

http://www.orientprestige.com/chi_ProductDetails.asp?id=000063%28A%29

There are a few membership servieces company selling debenture. My niece is also attending CIS and her Mum told me that it was $900,000.
做人至緊要開開心心 :-D

16#
發表於 05-9-26 09:19 |只看該作者

thnaks for the address!!
does your niece have a corp deb?  would you say chances of acceptance is pretty good having a corp deb?

17#
發表於 05-9-26 10:28 |只看該作者

Honestly speaking , German Swiss kids studies harder and get better academic result than CIS!  CIS may have top 10 kid who achieve excellent result .  But the lowest rank kids are unbelievable .....

German Swiss's kid is much more average!  
Msma

18#
發表於 05-9-26 10:36 |只看該作者

Msma,

May I know how you get the academic results of GSIS and CIS, and how do you compare them?

Regarding language study, I guess parents who wish their child to learn Chinese/Mandarin may not choose GSIS as German is a mandatory subject starting from P2.  Parents need to seek external class for their children for Chinese/Mandarin study.

kimum

19#
發表於 05-9-26 10:38 |只看該作者

Hi Masma,

That's what I heard too but it's so hard to get into GSIS.

All of the children I know that didn't get accepted into GSIS was all because their english was not good enough.  But as far as I know, these kids are already speaking very very good english.  

I would be interested to know what preschools those children who got accepted went to.  Would you know ?

20#
發表於 05-9-26 10:53 |只看該作者

I do not really know which kindergarten they come from.

As I know my friend, who's husband is German, also not have confident to try.  Her kids are now in Local school only !

Msma
‹ 上一主題|下一主題