用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 國際學校幻稚園 升 本地小學 唔會唔浪費左?? ...
查看: 6831|回覆: 47
go

國際學校幻稚園 升 本地小學 唔會唔浪費左?? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 10-5-6 10:07 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
本身屋企人用中文溝通, 想幫囡囡報國際學校幼稚園, 希望幫佢打好英文的底子, 同時又不需要額外的給她報讀英文playgroup.

事實上我沒有計劃給她升讀國際學校小學, 只會升讀本地學校.

我不擔心她唔識中文, 因為我自己可以教她, 只係擔心她升讀小學時不習慣, 而且很快便會忘記過去數年來建立的英文程度(因為本地學校很小機會會整堂時間用美語溝通, 慢慢便會loss).

國際學校的一個月學費差不多5仟元, 跟本地幼稚園的收費相差很大.  而且很擔心選擇錯誤令到囡囡失去學校興趣.  

請各位給與一些寶貴意見, 謝謝!!
   1    0    0    0

2#
發表於 10-5-6 14:09 |只看該作者
妳已經講晒大部份未來幾很有可能發生的情景。
個人意見:讀兩年IS kindergarten$$$俾多左,學多左
o既妳未必睇到;
學少左o既到K3/P1先追,咪跑輸大市?
想學打好英文的底子有好多有效方法(讀playgroup;搵個老外回家私人補習等等....),
個人愚見只讀兩年IS kindergarten,失會俾得多。

3#
發表於 10-5-6 15:45 |只看該作者
本地小學也有注重英文的小學, 我認為早d讀好d, 大個先學仲辛苦啦,其實一些非國際的幼稚園也唔平

4#
發表於 10-5-6 16:27 |只看該作者
本地幼稚園半日有學卷通常都係千多至二千...而國際學校幼稚園月費要$5000

如只想學好英文, 不計教學方式, 不如讀本地幼稚園, 再把省下的錢請個NATIVE ENG. TEACHER去你家單對單同小朋友邊玩邊學英文!

5#
發表於 10-5-6 18:08 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

6#
發表於 10-5-6 20:48 |只看該作者
簽名被屏蔽

7#
發表於 10-5-6 22:45 |只看該作者
My son went to an IS for P1 before going to a DSS in 2009.

Our plan was

1) If he could be admitted to a good DSS, switch back to the local system
2) If not, stay in the IS which we considered good enough.

We taught him Chinese beforehand and his language level, I would say, not too much worse than a local K3 when we underwent the P1 interview process.

In our case, "好多直資在考p1時有考小朋友認字的能力" did not apply to us.  The interviews that we had mostly focused on the interpersonal skills rather than the academic sides.  (We guess those schools presume that parents will work on these areas!)

The good education he received from the IS kinder (which was from SWCK) is one thing that we really treasure!

[quote]原帖由 reneeleung 於 10-5-6 20:48 發表
咁就要睇下你想小朋友第時讀咩小學la? 如果派位的, or 你無乜所謂的話. 咁小朋友讀咩幼稚園都ok.

但你諗住考直資. after k2, 又未上local pri school. 咁你小朋友讀咩學校呀? 求其搵間街坊幼稚園讀k3? or 入 IS 讀p1再轉local sch? 因為你考學校時, 學校都會考慮你小朋友的中文能力的.

以我所知, 好多直資在考p1時有考小朋友認字的能力.

如果你選擇入咗IS 讀p1再轉local sch, 咁你就要呢兩年就要用時間train 小朋友. 咁你想自己用額外時間教小朋友中文, 而小朋友中文水平又可以達到local k2程度. 我覺得有d難度.

本來我想建議你考慮耀中國際, 因為佢地可以到k3時轉local班. 但再看回你寫"學費$5000". 咁耀中應該過你budget.

[ 本帖最後由 reneeleung 於 10-5-6 20:52 編輯 ]

8#
發表於 10-5-7 09:55 |只看該作者
原帖由 bigbigsong 於 10-5-6 10:07 發表
本身屋企人用中文溝通, 想幫囡囡報國際學校幼稚園, 希望幫佢打好英文的底子, 同時又不需要額外的給她報讀英文playgroup.

事實上我沒有計劃給她升讀國際學校小學, 只會升讀本地學校.

我不擔心她唔識中文, 因為我自 ...

The prices you pay at the end will be the same.  You go to local kindy... and take classes to strengthen her English skills... would come to around $5,000 anyways.  Just to give you an example... I have a friend whose daughter goes to St. Catherine... around 3,400 per month, then pay for Communication Skills class at Kids Gallery, around $1000 per month.  They also do Cambridge English class, which I guess is at least several hundreds per month.  That takes you to around $5000 per month anyways... not to mention music classes, sports/ballet classes that you may put your child in.

Since the budget is about the same, it's best to put your child in local kindy if you want to go to local primary.  It's just safe enough for you and easier for the little girl.  She gets to be in the same school for 3 years with her friends, not going to an international kindy for 2 years, and go to another school for K3 where she has to adapt to the new environment for a year, make new friends, etc.

9#
發表於 10-5-7 11:29 |只看該作者
我跟 lottieclee 想法是一樣,額外外習加起來的費用會差不多~~

昨晚老公提議先給囡囡讀 N 班國際班(每week返3天半日制), 等囡囡熟習與外國小朋友自己用英文溝通.  然後3歲時報讀本地幼稚園+英文課程(如playgroup等).  

一來囡囡可以接上本地小學, 二來她自己可以獨立的與小朋友用英文溝通.  好似好完美咁~~

問題係要她這些轉來轉去不同學校會否令她難以適應呢?  是否我想得太多呢?

10#
發表於 10-5-7 12:07 |只看該作者
原帖由 bigbigsong 於 10-5-7 11:29 發表
我跟 lottieclee 想法是一樣,額外外習加起來的費用會差不多~~

昨晚老公提議先給囡囡讀 N 班國際班(每week返3天半日制), 等囡囡熟習與外國小朋友自己用英文溝通.  然後3歲時報讀本地幼稚園+英文課程(如playgroup等).  ...

1. 不是每一間IS Kindergarten N班都有好多外國小朋友。請先攪清楚自己想要d乜野;
2. 大部份N班小朋友互動對象係老師(2,3歲人仔如何用流利英語互動?)。
3. 轉來轉去唔適應?
大部份讀N班小朋友(不論local定international)K1都會轉校;所以無論你轉校定直上K1都係另一班同學;

11#
發表於 10-5-7 15:56 |只看該作者
我已經參觀學校了, 學校現在 90% 是外籍小朋友, N 班每班 10 個小朋友左右, 所有師生比率很高 (1對5左右).
校長和一半老師是外籍, 全校以英語溝通, 沒有中文.  而且地點很近屋企.

1星期返3天半日班要$3000
1星期返5天半日班要$4800

其實家長報playgroup課程都係轉來轉去, 小朋友都會慢慢適應(我諗).

希望lee個係一個正常選擇la.

12#
發表於 10-5-7 16:01 |只看該作者
如此這般,祝諸事順利!

13#
發表於 10-5-7 16:33 |只看該作者
或者考慮一吓3語並重既kinders例如Victoria及Learning Habbit等?

14#
發表於 10-5-7 18:09 |只看該作者
簽名被屏蔽

15#
發表於 10-5-8 02:05 |只看該作者
我大仔R1-G1都係讀國際學校
(唔係幼稚園國際班 而係有中學部小學部的國際學校,1班少於5位小朋友識中文)

後來我仔仔轉左去local小學 中文方面追得幾辛苦
依我所見,仔仔沒有忘記響國際學校學到的主動學習,自學同良好的閱讀習慣
而英文水平方面在班中算係較為突出(可能同佢有閱讀英文書既習慣&睇英文卡通有關)
有時候佢會同返以前既同學仔玩,大家用英文溝通
都算keep得到d英文,但當然進步得較慢啦

樓主,
中文好難自己教
反而依家坊間有好多英文playgroup, 英文班俾小朋友接觸英文

幼稚園N班 其實去下排洗,玩下玩具,食茶點 已經用左好多時間
究竟可唔可以做到 熟習與外國小朋友用英文溝通呢?

純粹交流意見,no offense!
]

16#
發表於 10-5-8 12:25 |只看該作者
想請問是那一間學校呢 ?

原帖由 bigbigsong 於 10-5-7 15:56 發表
我已經參觀學校了, 學校現在 90% 是外籍小朋友, N 班每班 10 個小朋友左右, 所有師生比率很高 (1對5左右).
校長和一半老師是外籍, 全校以英語溝通, 沒有中文.  而且地點很近屋企.

1星期返3天半日班要$3000
1星期返5 ...

17#
發表於 10-5-8 13:36 |只看該作者
aloymom 和 cherishvalue 的小朋友入讀的都是本地最top的dss, 讀is kinder 對入這些名校是否有幫助, 大家可以思考一下

18#
發表於 10-5-8 22:34 |只看該作者
Aloymom / Cherishvalue,

I have a plan to IS kindergarten and then local DSS primary.  Most of my friend told me my plan would put my son in a difficult position.  He would catch up hard in Chinese learning and teaching approach in local primary.  I believe the attitude, behavior and confident are more important than academic and language skill.  

Cherishvalue,
My target IS kinder is SWCK.  Can you share what is the treasure fr SWCK?  and your Chinese teaching approach? Did your kid join any Chinese learning program?

I learnt from my friend.  Her brother has two children studied in Yiu Chung and now they are in a famous DSS primary.  Her sister-in-law quitted a stable job and stays home to teach 2 daughters Chinese and take them joining many classes.

Honestly, I don’t have a plan to force my kid learning Chinese and joining many classes.  Also, I am a working mom.  I don’t think I can do as the sister-in-law of my friend.

BTW, it is great to see there were successful cases fr IS kinder to local primary.

19#
發表於 10-5-9 00:14 |只看該作者
[quote]原帖由 bigbigsong 於 10-5-7 11:29 發表
真係好想知你講緊邊間?

[ 本帖最後由 cfaye 於 10-5-9 00:16 編輯 ]

20#
發表於 10-5-9 02:54 |只看該作者
CreamBlue

Yes, my elder son took a long time to adapt the learning environment in local primary and we put a lot of effort into chinese before he started P2 in his present school. (My son went to local primary P.2
directly after studying G1 in IS)

His academic performance is just so-so now, not very top, teachers often complain his poor chinese hand-writing.... HAHA, u know IS doesn't give much practice on hand-writing (both Eng & Chin) as in local kinder

I am a working mom too and I got a younger son, so I don't have much time to teach my elder son chinese and I was (and am) very lazy to put him in a chinese class. I used to teach my elder son chinese by reading.. showing him some chinese characters and he could memorize them after reading the book for a few times and I also bought chinese ex. for him.. he did 2 pages everyday, sometimes he requested doing more pages

My younger one will start school in SWCK this coming Sept. I paid a school visit recently, the principal said kids have 2 chinese lessons every week, so dont expect SWCK can do anything for your kid's Chinese.

I know  few moms put their kids in local kinder to learn chinese in the afternoon and some have tutorial class twice a week...

btw, CreamBlue, how old is your kid? SWCK accepts admission when your kid turns 2... they have a very long waiting list, better act asap!

原帖由 CreamBlue 於 10-5-8 22:34 發表
Aloymom / Cherishvalue,

I have a plan to IS kindergarten and then local DSS primary.  Most of my friend told me my plan would put my son in a difficult position.  He would catch up hard in Chinese l ...

[ 本帖最後由 aloymom 於 10-5-9 02:57 編輯 ]
]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題