Which one is better?
Any comments?
Thank you.
   0    0    0    0
8-) Zhu mama

2#
發表於 07-9-13 20:45 |顯示全部帖子
SKS, christf, mabelku, fattymom, cara2006,

Thank you all for the reply to my questions.

My case is like that......
My son had passed the enrollment tests in RC and ICS at
the same time last year. we chose RC under the deep
thought because I thought it would suit my son better. In order to have an “insurance”, we’d made some reserves.

Time passed by and RC didn’t let me down. My son had a wonderful and fruitful academic year in P1. Unexpectedly, SJS called us to have the interview and my son got the
vacancy. How to make the choice? I really don't kown.

I really don't want to have a wrong decision making.
8-) Zhu mama

3#
發表於 07-9-13 23:30 |顯示全部帖子
WYmom
You got the point. Thank you very much.

Everyone, I'd like to get some more details if you don't mind.

Can most of the SJS students be promoted to SC of year 7?
The students are ranked according to their grades or simply be sort from the living zone of Shatin ?
Some other students who live in Tsing Yi, Olympic or Lai King will be sent to Island School of year 7?

As RC is new, how can we take the comparison between RC and SC?
Any suggestions? Thank you.

原文章由 WYmom 於 07-9-13 21:56 硐表

It is stated very clearly on the website that there is no vacancy for outsiders applying into SC in Year 7 and 8 and it is also the fact that all year 7 and 8 students come from ESF primary schools. ...
8-) Zhu mama

4#
發表於 07-9-14 12:12 |顯示全部帖子
Our choice is the IS for my son that is quiet sure. Of course there are some other parents have different choices according to specific reasons.

Thank you all for your response and opinions.

My question is which school is more suitable for my son, RC or SJS? Base on WYmom's logic, we can think in this way. Which secondary school is more suitable for my son, RC or SC?

As RC is new, how can we take the comparison between RC and SC?
Any suggestions? Thank you.

By the way, any mom from RC or SC secondary school here?
8-) Zhu mama

5#
發表於 07-9-14 14:16 |顯示全部帖子
mableku
Thank you very much for your sharing. I agree with you.

I think RC is a good school since my son is studying in it. Iam sure about it and my son fit into it smoothly. That's why it is so difficult for us to make the decision to take the offer of the SJS vacancy.

We've visit SJ and we've gotten more details about their teaching and leaning. Threre are 30 students in one class. However there are only around 23 students each class in RC. As I saw there were one teacher assistance each class in SJS but there was teacher assistance available for the classes in RE. So I think they are quiet similar in the proportion of teachers and students.

Anyone knows more about the P2 students' teaching and learning in SJS?

Any mom from RC or SC secondary school here to share with us?

原文章由 mabelku 於 07-9-14 12:55 硐表
1.SC好似不是直升的,RC就是,如不對,請指正!
2.現時,你的小朋友只到P.1,真的好難講那間好D,RC就比較新,但你又不能保証他數年後差過SC.另外,如果SC不是直升,到時你又要找ESF其他學校.
3.我女兒同學同你一樣,讀讀吓RC,S ...
8-) Zhu mama

6#
發表於 07-9-14 14:25 |顯示全部帖子
WYmom,I agree with you.
Thank you very much for your sharing.

原文章由 WYmom 於 07-9-14 14:15 硐表

As you know,SC takes in students within their zone, so their students come from different ESF primary schools, majority from SJS, some from BHS and a few from other ESF schools.  RC is through train ...
8-) Zhu mama

7#
發表於 07-9-15 00:15 |顯示全部帖子
Dear hjm,

Thank you very much for your information.
Would you mind telling me their math level which compare with the local schools?
And what are their daily writing in Eng and Chin?
Is there any test for  Yr 7 students?

Thank you.
8-) Zhu mama

8#
發表於 07-9-15 22:01 |顯示全部帖子
Xenonlit, Kathiema, Jennybaba, Hjm,

Thank you all for your response

According to our observation, in SJS there are 30 kids in one class. In RC, the number of students is around 24. I know both schools have a teacher assistant in each class.

I met some teachers in SJS. Like RC, they are hardworking.  The classrooms in SJS are not so big. Kids have to eat lunch there. The library is not big.

Both the SJS and SC have very good reputation. RC, as you mentioned, is new but has potential to grow because of the staffs and facilities.

It's difficult to make the choice.
8-) Zhu mama

9#
發表於 07-9-16 14:27 |顯示全部帖子
Thank you very much for everyone's information and analysis.  
Does anyone knows how many children are there in the class of P5 ,P6 and P7 in RC or SC?
Thanks.
8-) Zhu mama

10#
發表於 07-9-17 09:46 |顯示全部帖子
Chingyu, Brent,

Thank you very much for your responses

I know there is something from the bottom of my heart which is I think RC is more suitable for my son because my son has been studying in it and we know more about it . That is why we have such a long time of hesitation to consider the offer of SJS.

But as many friends told us SC is a school with a good reputition, we just like standing at a cross street.

It's really making me headache

Base on WYmom's logic and comments, we can think in this way. Which secondary school is more suitable for my son, RC or SC?

Does anyone know SC more?
Thank you.
8-) Zhu mama

11#
發表於 07-9-17 15:02 |顯示全部帖子
Yes, I agree with you, ChingChingDad.
8-) Zhu mama

12#
發表於 07-9-17 18:24 |顯示全部帖子
Thank you, yymom07.
8-) Zhu mama

13#
發表於 07-9-18 09:32 |顯示全部帖子
Dear Cara2006,

It seems that you know a lot about IS. May I know which school is your child studying now?

Zhumama

原文章由 Cara2006 於 07-9-17 19:30 硐表
咁即係點呀?
揀國際學校,要揀中國人多的?
如果咁樣計,港島區好多國際學校,如 GSIS,CANIS等,都唔合格?但係人地成績都好好喎。
其實,國際學校中國人多,安慰自己,就話學生學習氣氛好,但係其實係代表英語環境唔夠。
唔好同我 ARGUE,話 ...
8-) Zhu mama

14#
發表於 07-9-18 21:40 |顯示全部帖子
Thank you all for your responses.

Different parents have different choices. I agree with Chingyu that she just want to give me some more information in order to help me choose a more suitable school for my son.

We're going to make the decision.

Thank you very much for all of your precious opinions and sharing.

I hope the princes and princesses of all BK parents enjoy their fruitful and delightful school life.

Thank you all again.
8-) Zhu mama

15#
發表於 07-9-20 01:15 |顯示全部帖子
JennyL
8-) Zhu mama
‹ 上一主題|下一主題