用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 John Hopkins Centre for Talented Youth -- Summer Cou ...
發新帖
查看: 4362|回覆: 1
go

John Hopkins Centre for Talented Youth -- Summer Course [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 14-10-12 08:32 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 bbtung 的帖子

If you could afford the tuition fee of US4,500, perhaps you should consider paying a bit more (eg. air ticket etc.) and send your kid to US to do the CTY summer program.  Not that I have anything against the program in HK, it's just that I feel the difference in environment, student mix and experience is well worth that extra bit more.

2#
發表於 14-10-13 10:13 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 bobbycheung 於 14-10-13 10:21 編輯

A lot of people join CTY summer program because of the "prestige" - you need to achieve certain minimum test score before you are eligible. Some people do it because of the "intellectual challenge" mentioned in the prospectus.  To me, these are not the real benefit as you can have them by joining the CTY online program instead.  I think the major benefit of CTY summer program is that you get to meet and mingle with fellow students for 3 weeks. It's different from 遊學團 in that your fellow students are relatively intelligent and you are required to work hard during the 3 week program. In short, it is about the experience you have in these 3 weeks rather than the academic knowledge you gain at the end of the program.  Looking at it from this perspective, I believe you will gain more if the students you get to meet are coming from backgrounds totally different from yours.  The last thing you want is to spend 3 weeks with your school classmates or nerds who would do nothing but studying.   You might as well do the CTY online course instead.  As the tuition fees are more or less the same, I believe it's a good idea to send the kids abroad to let them have a new and different exposure.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題