教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 想由蔡繼有轉去St Margaret's School
發新帖
查看: 6727|回覆: 1
go

想由蔡繼有轉去St Margaret's School [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 07-7-19 23:03 |顯示全部帖子
原文章由 venice121 於 07-7-17 23:26 發表
我小朋友今年升三年級,可惜老師說他的英文成績在標準以下但又要他升三年級,因為二年級無位.我個人認為這種情況只有官津學校才發生,想不到私學都有這個問題.家長願意付出比人多是因為期望學校是有別於其他官校,不 ...

Being an ex-XKY parent, I strongly advise you to change school, though I've no idea of St. Margret. If your son still stays at XKY and promote to P.3 even his English is below standard, he would be more difficult to catch up P.3's standard, bear in mind, almost,every subjects, science, maths, computer and English in English, that means he would at least fail in 4 subjects. Either you get a serious tutor to help him, (don't listen to Principal LXX who always declared no tutor is needed, every XKY student can study well in the school, I am the one who trusted her before, but I found it was wrong, even Miss LXM later said what Principal said was only applied to those result already are good)or just let him to keep losing confidence.

Dont' expect the school will give resource to those poor academic students!! If those already perfect and brilliant students, this is really a good school but not for those worst ones like my kid.  Of course, if you wish to change, your son takes time to get use to the new school enviornment, but child gets use easily as soon as he/she knows some new friends.

Let me tell you the school/homework for P3 and P4 in XKY would be suddenly much much more difficult than P.1 and P.2, it was happy to have few and easy exercises in the first two years, but without good foundation, those who are below standard would find hard when they promote to higher level. Even parents' assistance might not able to cope with the school  requirement.  

Anyway, this is the first time for me to express on line about XKY after my son changed to another subsidies schol. But I found it is a good decision for the change.

Good Luck!!

[ 本文章最後由 IH 於 07-7-19 23:20 編輯 ]

2#
發表於 07-7-20 12:43 |顯示全部帖子
I want to emphasis I all along was an active pro-XKY parent during the first 3 to 4 years. I attended almost every parent nights, school activities and game days.  I kept close and good relationship with teachers and other parents. I was looking forward the overseas school trips with my kid,  his Y.5 assignment and kept checking the new Y6 cirriculum.  I never though it was not a suitable school for my kid.  I always told myself XKY provided a long term training, not marks/grades for individual to decide students' achievement. I kept waiting and I trusted that the school could provide sufficient assistance to those poorer students as I was told tutor was not recommended.  I loved this school very much  and I also expressed positive comment on this school in this website in the past.  

It was true that many outstanding students on the stage performing excellently, many good ones read difficult storybooks. However, for those below standard seemed had been neglected. I was shocked to see my kid's questionaire in Moral Education that he filled in every item about self-esteem, self-confidencen and ability at the lowest grade. He did not smile in the school photoes. He kept being teasted when he could not get marks for his group. I found that it should be the time to change.  After the change, of course it is not another heaven, he at least gained back his confidence, though he missed his old classmates, he well accustomed to the new school shortly.   

I did not and never say it is not a good school, but for the case 'venice 121', I would suggest her to consider if it is right for her kid to stay.
:mrgreen:
‹ 上一主題|下一主題