用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Do ICS reject unsuccessful candidates with same reas ...
發新帖
樓主: WNoahLam
go

Do ICS reject unsuccessful candidates with same reason ? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 14-2-5 10:19 |顯示全部帖子 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
We received rejected letter by ICS with a radiculous reason "English has not met required admission standard" given my kid is a native English speaker. Just wondering if they reject all kids with same reason because it's a standard template or they don't bother to explain the true reason ? Anyone got same experience ?
   2    0    0    0

2#
發表於 14-2-5 10:27 |顯示全部帖子
Got the same feeling. I understand it's gonna to be a tough competition for limited space but as a Christian school, they shouldn't make up a reason which hurt the kid's feeling. BTW our kid attended their summer course in Aug last year, they never mention my boy got problem in using English....

3#
發表於 14-2-5 12:09 |顯示全部帖子
They claimed their mission is to equip students with the konwledge, skills and Christian character to serve and transform their communities....However they're setting a very bad example in the application process.
Leviticus 19:35-36 "Do not use dishonest standards when measuring length, weight or quantity...."

點評

Jane1983    發表於 14-2-5 12:20

4#
發表於 14-2-5 14:36 |顯示全部帖子
I've no doubt about the high standard but "not met with the standard" is completely different from "met the standard but we don't have enough space". Franky I'm angry not because they rejected my application but I think they owe all the rejected parents a proper answer.

點評

minirat  Agree that a template reply is not acceptable in this case.  發表於 14-2-5 14:51

5#
發表於 14-2-6 09:39 |顯示全部帖子
I felt angry because they're not honestly rejecting an applicant by only giving reason using standard template. Of course the competition is keen, everyone understand there's little space and therefore they don't need to shift the responsibility to the kid by stating "not met with standard". Frankly even the kid met with the standard, there are no seats available

6#
發表於 14-2-6 11:55 |顯示全部帖子
minirat: thanks, exactly what I want to say.

7#
發表於 14-2-6 13:43 |顯示全部帖子
To me, being rejected is expected as I already knew the competition is keen. However as an educator, the best way of teaching is to set yourself as an example for the kid to follow. On one hand, ICS is talking about honestly but on other hand, they have no guts to disclose the real reason "because we accepted too many applications and no more seat available". Instead they just pointing finger to the kid "you are not meeting the standard so you can't get in".

8#
發表於 14-2-7 14:06 |顯示全部帖子
To YauMum (the representative of school) :

1) We send our kid to ICS summer course few months before as we want to ensure he is happy with the environment/teachers. During the whole summer course, "zero" comment received from ICS. To me only two implications: either our kid fit well with the environment/standard or ICS spotted the issues but not to take action
2) I'm glad that as a representative of school, you finally admitted that the root cause is too many applications. However it also mean that you guys awared of the issue but just to pick a most easy/lazy handling method and disregard people's feeling. BTW if you can't handle so many application, why accept from the beginning.

Glad to know that it's possible to reapply after few months. From the whole handling approach of ICS, it truly reflected the value/belief of ICS which I think my kid can't fit in cuz I don't want him to carry the "Christian character" you just demonstrated, Thanks

9#
發表於 14-2-8 11:08 |顯示全部帖子
To yaumum:

No need to sorry if u really mistyped. Anyway thanks for your information. I am going to take the case to Consumer Council to check any violation to the Cap 362 Trade Description Ordinance S13I Wrongly accepting payment

10#
發表於 14-2-8 13:05 |顯示全部帖子
It's never about the result so I am not seeking for appeal. I can perfectly accept failure as this is also the experience I would like my boy to learn from it. With the whole experience with ICS, I just get shocked by their attitude and mentality 1) they accepted applications (charging $1000) over their affordable capacity 2) they charged $700 for testing but they don't bother to tell the detail or compile a more professional report
If the society today agree a higher requirement should apply to commercial (transparency, avoid misleading) educational organization should not be an exemption

11#
發表於 14-2-8 15:18 |顯示全部帖子
It's not just the anger. My boy told me he like the school and I explained to him we will find another school. And then he asked why he can't go. I told him I will try my best to find out the answer and never give up when u think it's the right thing to do
This morning, when we watched cartoon together, one of the character is crying cuz he can't get something. My boy said to the TV "try again, don't give up" and then he turn his head to me " am I right, Dad?"
I know finally i can't change much but i just want to set as an example to him.

12#
發表於 14-2-8 17:57 |顯示全部帖子
To Drama kid: I wrote to ICS right after I received their letter. No surprise no response from them at all

13#
發表於 14-2-9 10:48 |顯示全部帖子
The respond from the school reflect their integrity. The truth is they have no more space to offer despite the test result. Imagine if u being laid off from your company because downsizing, in the termination letter they said "due to your poor performance"...
Will u still think it's immature to ask for a genuine answer?

I started this discussion just want to prove ICS gave all rejected candidates with the same reason for my further action cuz They didn't respond to me. From what I heard so far they really used standard template. Thanks for everyone who shared your view/information
‹ 上一主題|下一主題