搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 IB課程之反思
發新帖
樓主: thvicny
go

IB課程之反思   [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 13-10-4 23:04 |顯示全部帖子
Chinese A is not for every one, even considering those grown up and educated in local schools in HK. At our old times, we only took Chinese up to HKCE level, with limited Chinese literature. At A level, most of us didn't take Chinese. So, Chinese A is too hard for me. I got a B in HKCE Chinese, and I think I can only reach the Chinese B higher level requirement of IB.

The language requirement of IB diploma is really tough, if compared with our time when most of us only took "Use of English" to meet the requirement of HKU.

Meeting one Language A requirement is already tough for our kids, if they want to make a high score. If some of them can study 2 Language A, they are talented indeed.

2#
發表於 13-10-9 18:20 |顯示全部帖子
回復 hkparent 的帖子

I know of a case in which the conditional offer from Cambridge is certain total points in IB, plus at least a 6 in English A. That became the most worried part of the conditional offer of the boy, as his English is relatively weak as compared with other subjects.  Eventually he was admitted.  Don't know if Cambridge set this condition because the interviewer noticed that English was the weakest part of the boy.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖