教育王國 討論區 國際學校 耀中VS汉基。那间好些?谢谢
發新帖
查看: 22828|回覆: 3
go

耀中VS汉基。那间好些?谢谢 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 14-4-1 11:42 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 EstelleTong 的帖子

Yew Chung is my son's 1st school until he graduated from primary.  He then switched to CIS in secondary.
In my point of view, Yew Chung is a very good school up to primary, especially in nurturing academically most able children, and least able children.  Children can become truly bilingual if they are able to handle 2 languages at a high level. My son never went to tutoring in English and Chinese. However, as most of the children are pure Chinese, they tend to speak Cantonese with each other, and it is less easy to build up a native English accent there. Other that this, their pronunciation of words is native, with much better skills in English reading, writing, speaking and listening as compared with non-IS. Besides language, they train kids in IS ways, teaching them how to research, self-learn, build up reading habits. Least able children get extra attention and tutoring from teachers, they are not discriminated.

The problem with Yew Chung, especially in secondary, is that they cannot keep academically able students. I doubt if the underlying reason is the "reputation". Good students get admitted to other "better " IS. Vacancy is replaced by students transferred from non-IS, may include a proportion of students who didn't study well in local schools. This dilution process continues and accelerates, until in upper secondary only a small proportion of home grown students remain there.

The difference between YC and CIS isn't that big in primary, but the gap widens in secondary.

The biggest asset of CIS is the pool of academically most able students and the educated parents. Just the opposite side of YC, the turn over rate of CIS students is very low as compared to other IS. If a student leaves, the vacancy is replaced by a more able student. The process results in a pool of most ambitious, intelligent, hard-working students in IBDP level, half of them aiming (and most of them achieving) a perfect IB score.

I should say that the biggest asset of CIS is the reputation in HK, so that it can attract the best students and teachers. (Same scenarios as SPCC, DGS, DBS?) The good reputation in US/UK also helps during the university admission process.

點評

Jane1983  Good sharing  發表於 14-4-1 19:06
caa    發表於 14-4-1 12:53
Choisumwong  Very good points ! Same condition ('dilution process')  for ESF schools.  發表於 14-4-1 12:06

2#
發表於 14-4-1 16:38 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 HKTHK 的帖子

About half of CIS IBDP students started in reception.  Yes, they are excellent kids.

點評

Choisumwong  But they are very selected cases.  發表於 14-4-1 17:05

3#
發表於 14-4-4 23:55 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 Mamamu1126 的帖子

He went to half day school of YC's 2 year old class, because it's more economical.  I think full day school is better in language immersion, but half day school is better if you want to arrange other extra-curricular activities for the kid.

4#
發表於 14-4-5 00:10 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 caa 的帖子

CIS is more organised in administration, as it is a more established school.  
I am not in a good position to comment on other aspects, as my son studied in YC in primary school, but in CIS secondary school only.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖