搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Local kids at Woodland preschool
發新帖
查看: 3585|回覆: 0
go

Local kids at Woodland preschool [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 13-10-31 15:45 |顯示全部帖子
I am not a parent yet but from what I saw during the various visits; there are Asian kids, maybe about 30% in general.

Woodland Montessori Academy on Caine Road is great in terms of environment, facilities and of course teachers. Just one thing to think about is the Montessori Method if it is not your cup of tea.
Woodland Happy Valley and the Peak are also great but I personally like the Caine Road one more. The new HV campus for playgroups is relatively small but all necessary facilities are equipped.

I did research on Montessori method before but have never put my girl in this edu system; so I don't know if Montessori would really lead to kids being "less disciplined". However, from what I read and observed during visits to Montessori class, all kids are well behaved and I love it! If one study their approaches in details, or if it is a truely Montessori school, I do see disciplines are immersed in it; free play is not that free, teachers should divert pupils to explore other areas if s/he keeps doing works on one particular area - a well trained teacher is thus very important to work out the best from Montessori.

My concern about Woodland is not about their teaching standard but purely the connection to Primary school. If my girl can enter IMS or other Int'l school pre-K, we don't need to worry about Primary school.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題