用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 嘉諾撒聖心幼稚園 過海校車服務 (PM routes confirmed)
查看: 11032|回覆: 99
go

過海校車服務 (PM routes confirmed) [複製鏈接]

醒目開學勳章

1#
發表於 10-3-18 14:16 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
For SHCK parents who live outside of HK island, I guess you may have read my thread last year trying to organize nanny buses from across the harbour.

From time to time, I receive emails from current parents hoping to arrange school bus (official ones) from outside of HK island and I would love to help since I also live in N.T.  However, very few of us have used the latest opportunity to make this request on the school bus questionnaire as distributed by the PTA.  So, there are very little I can do to help since there are simply no numbers to support such request.

I am not sure if parents are happy with current nanny bus arrangement or just didn't recognize the last questionnaire serve the purpose of making such request.  However, as the PTA will have meeting with the bus company very soon so it is important to understand more of the current experience from parents who live in Kowloon and N.T.

Please kindly share here, whether we can have it arrange this year or not, it still serve as a good mean to share our experience, and see if there are any way to improve it.

For the current parents or upcoming NC parents who do wanna be counted so we can have a concrete case, please PM me and provide me (1) your child's name (2) class and (3) pickup area so I can put this together quickly.  If you know other parents who don't use bk, I will pass you my contacts thru PM  so we can facilitate the communication quickly.  I must have everything by end of next week (March 26, 2010).

If you are not comfortable sending me the children's details directly, I suggest you to send to the PTA contact email directly thru their website, which will be more official.

Please help to spread this message across.

Ian

[ 本帖最後由 iantsang 於 10-6-25 11:32 編輯 ]
   1    0    0    0

2#
發表於 10-3-23 19:33 |只看該作者

嘉諾撒聖心幼稚園過海校車服務

Hi Ian,

We live in San Po Kong area and will be K1 PM class in the coming school year. Just want to ask more about the school bus service.

Thanks !

Paul

[ 本帖最後由 AirPaul 於 10-3-24 01:08 編輯 ]

醒目開學勳章

3#
發表於 10-3-24 01:01 |只看該作者
Hi AirPaul,

I strongly suggest you to remove your mobile no. here to protect your own privacy.  I am sorry that I didn't make such reminder on my post.  I have already written it down so may be you can remove it anytime.  You can use the PM (Private Message) function to reach someone privately and exchange contact if needed.

Will update you with further progress.  Just to be clear at the moment there are no OFFICIAL school bus services organized for students in Kowloon side by SHCK.  There are nanny bus arranged by private companies only.

Ian

原帖由 AirPaul 於 10-3-23 19:33 發表
Hi Ian,

We live in San Po Kong area and will be K1 PM class in the coming school year. Just want to ask more about the school bus service and feel free to call me at XXXXXXXX Paul , Thanks !

Paul ...

4#
發表於 10-3-24 01:21 |只看該作者
Thanks Ian. I know there is no official and trying to find a private one. After reading your post, i know you're helping to group the kowloon & N.T. areas so just want to get some further details.

Keep in touch and i revised this post, THX again !

Paul

原帖由 iantsang 於 10-3-24 01:01 發表
Hi AirPaul,

I strongly suggest you to remove your mobile no. here to protect your own privacy.  I am sorry that I didn't make such reminder on my post.  I have already written it down so may be you c ...

醒目開學勳章

5#
發表於 10-3-24 02:35 |只看該作者
There are quite a few of SHCK nanny bus arranged by number of people like Uncle Kwong, Uncle Tam, Mrs. Cheung and James Wong.  Some of them is for SHCK only so they don't mix students from others.

Let's see how we can do this year and it is too early to check the nanny bus company now.  They won't confirm until close to school starts.

Ian

原帖由 AirPaul 於 10-3-24 01:21 發表
Thanks Ian. I know there is no official and trying to find a private one. After reading your post, i know you're helping to group the kowloon & N.T. areas so just want to get some further details.

Ke ...

6#
發表於 10-3-24 18:06 |只看該作者
OK .. I'll wait for further details and update then .. THX Ian ^_*

Paul

原帖由 iantsang 於 10-3-24 02:35 發表
There are quite a few of SHCK nanny bus arranged by number of people like Uncle Kwong, Uncle Tam, Mrs. Cheung and James Wong.  Some of them is for SHCK only so they don't mix students from others.

Le ...

7#
發表於 10-3-26 10:12 |只看該作者
Hello Ian, please check pm

8#
發表於 10-3-26 17:24 |只看該作者
原帖由 iantsang 於 10-3-18 14:16 發表
For SHCK parents who live outside of HK island, I guess you may have read my thread last year trying to organize nanny buses from across the harbour.

From time to time, I receive emails from current  ...

Hi I have send you a PM with infor for the Nanny bus. Thanks!

9#
發表於 10-3-31 13:42 |只看該作者
Hello Ian, please check pm

Thanks a lot!

醒目開學勳章

10#
發表於 10-4-7 12:41 |只看該作者

Updates

Dear all SHCK parents,

Would like to give you an update concerning the possibility of cross-harbour school bus services after meeting with management of Kwoon Chung before the Easter holiday.

The main concern where such school bus services cannot be arranged is due to the fact that (1) less number of parents living in Kowloon/ N.T. side and (2) the locations are highly scattered.   (3) A certain minimum of students will be required on each route so that the bus route can be operate every year, if such minimum cannot be reached, then that route will need to be suspended.

In order to handle the above concerns, the following were suggested:

(1) Basically there can only be maximum of 3 bus routes from Kowloon side (a) Kln West (b) Kln Central and (c) Kln East.

(2) The Kowloon school bus services will not be a door to door services, i.e., based on the areas with higher students population, the company will set certain pickup/drop-off points.

(3) This service can be operated every year with the condition where minimum number of students will be required on each route, so, am and pm routes are independent.

(4) With the concern of traffic jam in the early morning, some special arrangements may be required for pickup time for am routes (earlier time to avoid to jam on major harbour tunnels).

Your inputs are welcomed here.  Meanwhile, I am arranging with the kindergarten to distribute a new questionnaire to all parents so we can collect more precise information for such arrangement.

Please note that this is NOT CONFIRMED yet.  The final decision on whether to operate the Kowloon bus route is still under discussion and the inputs from parents are very important on affecting such decision.

Finally, just wanna express my appreciation to a few parents like kiteli and sarahmama on helping me on collecting some of the existing students' information.

Hope there will be good news soon!

Ian

11#
發表於 10-4-9 16:43 |只看該作者
Dear Ian,

Thanks indeed for your update and liasion on behalf of parents.

Did Kwoon Chung mention the estimated minimum no. of students for each route?

Bobowong

醒目開學勳章

12#
發表於 10-4-12 01:13 |只看該作者
Hi Bobowong,

No, the specific number wasn't being mentioned.  I guess the minimum is based on the minimum costs they calculated to run each route.

Ian

原帖由 bobo_wong2006 於 10-4-9 16:43 發表
Dear Ian,

Thanks indeed for your update and liasion on behalf of parents.

Did Kwoon Chung mention the estimated minimum no. of students for each route?

Bobowong

醒目開學勳章

13#
發表於 10-4-22 18:11 |只看該作者

Status Update

Here is another update concerning possibility of Kowloon Bus routes.

The questionnaire for the current NC and LK students have been prepared and will be distributed tomorrow.  I assume it will also be available thru iParents.  Please give us your views and ideas.  Even if you may not consider to try it in the coming year, it will be a good idea to let us know your current location so that we can have better understanding of students' geographic location so it will be useful for future planning.

For upcoming NC parents, some of you have already provided me with your email address and I will need to follow-up with you individually.  Of course I can understand some of you may not have made up your mind on whether to attend this kindergarten yet, so please also tell me how certain your cases are.  So far I have received only 4 parents all from coming NC pm classes and if you haven't done so, please contact me thru PM with your contact information by April 29th (Thursday).

Ian

[ 本帖最後由 iantsang 於 10-4-22 18:14 編輯 ]

14#
發表於 10-4-24 12:07 |只看該作者
Hi Ian,

Got the questionaire and also read the minutes of the PTA. Thanks for raising it up in PTA meeting and sending the questionaire to us. I also urge needed parents to support the action and so parent and kids can be benefited.

Thanks again!

醒目開學勳章

15#
發表於 10-4-30 16:59 |只看該作者
Hi bobo_wong2006,

Thanks for the support!

However, it seems there are very few replied questionnaires so I urge any parents to raise any comments through this questionnaire.  The deadline has passed (yesterday) but Monday is still not too late.

Ian

原帖由 bobo_wong2006 於 10-4-24 12:07 發表
Hi Ian,

Got the questionaire and also read the minutes of the PTA. Thanks for raising it up in PTA meeting and sending the questionaire to us. I also urge needed parents to support the action and so  ...

醒目開學勳章

16#
發表於 10-5-15 00:17 |只看該作者

Latest update

In the past two weeks, I have worked very hard and closely with the kindergarten and the school bus company after organized the statistics based on the questionnaires collected.

Details related to the statistics will probably be included in our next PTA's minutes so please refer to it for details.

In sum, the replies comeback which needed such services are not very high and it was a bit disappointed to me, frankly.  Particularly, in some of the areas in the middle part of Kowloon, the numbers are very low so it never come close to establish significant needs.

Fortunately, the expectation of the school bus company are properly managed and with a minimum number of replies reached from Kowloon West and Kowloon East area, we are in the process of coming very close to have Kowloon school bus offered by Kwoon Chung on a ONE-YEAR TRIAL BASIS in coming academic year.  I must express my deepest apology to parents living in areas which eventually cannot be covered with the routes proposed since a minimum requirement to try to organize such services must assure (1) minimal stops per route  and (2) regional coverage to avoid long travel time.  So, again, I am very sorry to those parents who have given your inputs but we don't have enough students in the nearby region to propose the third route which use the "central"(old) harbour tunnel.

This implies that the new trial school bus services (if available) in the coming school year will be using either Western or Eastern harbour tunnels.  This are proposed by many parents and agreed by the school bus company.

More official details will be send ONLY to those parents who indicated interests to use such services on the questionnaire from Kwoon Chung next week.  Please PM me or email to PTA if you didn't indicate such interest but are changing your mind so we can include you, by Monday the latest.

PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY:
This is just an update of the progress so there are still details to be finalized.  Obviously it is a very difficult and complicated matters so this probably explains why we never have Kowloon school bus in the past.  The trial school bus services serving Kowloon side is not official yet until Kwoon Chung finally release the full details.  Most importantly, this arrangement is being offered by Kwoon Chung now so please don't make inquiry to the kindergarten on this particular matter.  All inquiries related to this trial offer should be made directly to Kwoon Chung (or me at this point).

Just a personal note, I sincerely hope my efforts spent on this task can eventually benefit many of the parents who currently are having trouble or difficulty to find the best and safe way to take your children to kindergarten right now.  I truly believe all SHCK parents are very considerate and for those that we are unable to offer the services to your current location, please understand I have really tried my best and spent many many nights scratching my head try to make it more perfect so everyone can be benefited.  On the other hand, for those parents who are fortunate to have your area covered, please do consider using this service since it took huge amount of time and energy to have us come down to so close of having such arrangement provided to us and hope you can appreciate it and consider using it.  If the support is not enough, the trial service will not become a more regular service and it will be almost impossible in the future to ever think about this again.

Thank you all for your support and hope you can enjoy it (if it eventually come true!)

Ian

[ 本帖最後由 iantsang 於 10-5-15 00:30 編輯 ]

17#
發表於 10-5-15 17:30 |只看該作者
Ian, you have done your best!

I'm very appreciate your effort!

原帖由 iantsang 於 10-5-15 00:17 發表
In the past two weeks, I have worked very hard and closely with the kindergarten and the school bus company after organized the statistics based on the questionnaires collected.

Details related to th ...

醒目開學勳章

18#
發表於 10-5-15 23:40 |只看該作者
Thank you so much to have support from fellow parents, particular from someone who doesn't benefited from this new service!

Thanks again!  This is exactly what I need, thanks!

Ian

原帖由 Yiuyiubee 於 10-5-15 17:30 發表
Ian, you have done your best!

I'm very appreciate your effort!

19#
發表於 10-5-17 13:03 |只看該作者
Ian,

雖然咪知結果係點樣, 但真係好多謝你!
[img][/img]

醒目開學勳章

20#
發表於 10-5-17 14:32 |只看該作者
You are welcome.  The letter from Kwoon Chung will be distributed in the next day or two.  So I guess it is already a giant step forward and hope it does become real eventually.

Ian

原帖由 rebeccaloky 於 10-5-17 13:03 發表
Ian,

雖然咪知結果係點樣, 但真係好多謝你!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題