密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 保良局蔡繼有學校 or 保良局陳守仁小學
查看: 14877|回覆: 56
go

保良局蔡繼有學校 or 保良局陳守仁小學 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-9-23 16:00 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
my daughter is now studying in k1 (Eng/Putonghua) at an international kindergarten and now i'm doing research on primary school. would anyone can comment on the two schools mentioned, thank you   
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 09-10-26 21:59 |只看該作者
我朋友的孩子在蔡繼有拿獎學金讀書,她說很好,但學費很貴,約5-7萬多元一年;陳守仁也不錯,但有較多的東南亞學生,是直資學校,學費較便宜,但今年有超過三千人報名,競爭激烈!

3#
發表於 09-10-26 23:45 |只看該作者
If money is not a concern, I would definitely choose CKY between the two.  Both schools have good English environment.  But it seems to me that TSL's main concern/selling point is the English environment, and English environment only.  From what the principal said, CKY would try to make it fun and enjoyable to study.

4#
發表於 09-10-27 05:26 |只看該作者
I will choose 陳守仁.  While they have similar English env't,  陳守仁 has 3rd language (Japaness or French).    南亞學生 is not a concern for me as this only means the school is more internationally diversitified.  This will also mean your kid will have more chance to communicate in English with others.    The concern is that 陳守仁 doesn't have direct linked secondary school.

原帖由 rachncurtsmom 於 09-10-26 23:45 發表
If money is not a concern, I would definitely choose CKY between the two.  Both schools have good English environment.  But it seems to me that TSL's main concern/selling point is the English environm ...

5#
發表於 09-10-27 09:20 |只看該作者
i will choose CKY...

6#
發表於 09-10-27 11:18 |只看該作者
PLK CKY school ($55000 X 6):
All students go to CKY secondary section ($73480 X 6)
Total cost = $770880 (current rate)

PLK TSL ($14800 x 6):
Top students go to LaSalle, Wah Yan, Maryknoll Convent, Marymount, etc. (all free), most others go to above-average EMI schools (mostly free).
Total cost =  $88800 (current)

So there is a potential difference of about $700K (possibly more in 12 years time).  I am not sure if all the advantages of CKY over TSL really worth $700K which means a lot to many families.  We need to keep in mind that the quality if the CKY secondary section is still unknown.

[ 本帖最後由 gingerale 於 09-10-27 11:35 編輯 ]

7#
發表於 09-10-27 11:41 |只看該作者
蔡繼有is running IB, so it's hard to compare between these schools.
most likely better compare with international schools instead.

if your daughter is already in an international kindergarten, then the cost is not that important.
"Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn't matter to me.... Going to bed at night saying we've done something wonderful... that's what matters to me."
    -Steve Jobs-

8#
發表於 09-10-27 11:41 |只看該作者
A correction.  CKY's school fee should be:

$55,000 x 5 = $275,000
$73480 x 7 = $514,360 (The school fee for Yr 11 & Y12 should be higher)
Minimum Fee = $789,360

我是其中一個要比咁貴學費的家長,聽到都覺得好肉痛呀!但是我換來是孩子的語文能力,英文可能没有國際學校養成的特別口音,但中文可媲美本地學校,普通話更是心服口服,又會自動自覺閱讀,我都會繼續忍痛交學費的。雖然未曾有公開成續,但學校亦有參與澳洲那個International School of Assessment, 亦可作為公開試的一點契機。

若不喜歡讀書為考試的教育制度,蔡繼有可能是不錯的選擇,問題是你願意付出嗎?

原帖由 gingerale 於 09-10-27 11:18 發表
PLK CKY school ($55000 X 6):
All students go to CKY secondary section ($73480 X 6)
Total cost = $770880 (current rate)

PLK TSL ($14800 x 6):
Top students go to LaSalle, Wah Yan, Maryknoll Convent, M ...

[ 本帖最後由 kyliema2006 於 09-10-27 11:45 編輯 ]

9#
發表於 09-10-27 11:49 |只看該作者
i'm however not sure that TSL only concern english environment within their curriculum...
i find that they are well balanced between Creative, Cultural, Sports and Communication activities. and if you have spent sometime in the TSL thread, you will find that both the parents and pupils in this school are really happy, willing to help and cultivated!

(i'm not one of them however, but i really hoping that our son would able to study inside.)

原帖由 rachncurtsmom 於 26/10/2009 23:45 發表
If money is not a concern, I would definitely choose CKY between the two.  Both schools have good English environment.  But it seems to me that TSL's main concern/selling point is the English environm ...
"Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn't matter to me.... Going to bed at night saying we've done something wonderful... that's what matters to me."
    -Steve Jobs-

10#
發表於 09-10-27 12:12 |只看該作者
"若不喜歡讀書為考試的教育制度,蔡繼有可能是不錯的選擇,問題是你願意付出嗎"

Thank you for your corrections on the school fee.

I agree with you on the advantages of studying at CKY.  But the key question is, as you mentioned, 問題是你願意付出嗎?

HKD 789,360 is not a small amount to many middle class families including us.   So we just don't feel it is worthy for the advantages which you described.  

But if HKD 789,360 were not a big deal to us, that would be another story.  The school campus is brand new and it looks very nice.  If money is not a problem, why not?  

原帖由 kyliema2006 於 09-10-27 11:41 發表

$55,000 x 5 = $275,000
Minimum Fee = $789,360

我是其中一個要比咁貴學費的家長,聽到都 ...

[ 本帖最後由 gingerale 於 09-10-27 12:25 編輯 ]

11#
發表於 09-10-27 12:15 |只看該作者
"但是我換來是孩子的語文能力,英文可能没有國際學校養成的特別口音,但中文可媲美本地學校,普通話更是心服口服,又會自動自覺閱讀"

By the way, as a TSL parent, I also find the same qualities which you described above in my children and many of their classmates.  

原帖由 kyliema2006 於 09-10-27 11:41 發表

$55,000 x 5 = $275,000
Minimum Fee = $789,360

我是其中一個要比咁貴學費的家長,聽到都 ...

[ 本帖最後由 gingerale 於 09-10-27 12:23 編輯 ]

12#
發表於 09-10-27 12:27 |只看該作者

回覆 1# sasayip 的文章

I would decide if I only got accepted by the 2 schools.  Try not to think about it too much at the moment.  Still a long way to go.

13#
發表於 09-10-27 12:34 |只看該作者
That's good!  我不敢評論哪間學校的學生較有優勢,因為每種學校或每種教育制度都能培養出尖子,問題是你適合哪種,或你有選擇權嗎!

我祇知道蔡繼有適合我及小兒,因我不喜歡香港的教育制度,甚麼334, TXX好像很惱人的,而孩子喜歡閱讀的性格則使他的人生海闊天空。說實話,我不願為孩子在考試卷上多一、兩分,而額外付出那麼多時間,我覺得很無謂,我寧願花多點時間與孩子多閱讀。

原帖由 gingerale 於 09-10-27 12:15 發表
"但是我換來是孩子的語文能力,英文可能没有國際學校養成的特別口音,但中文可媲美本地學校,普通話更是心服口服,又會自動自覺閱讀"

By the way, as a TSL parent, I also find the same qualities which you described ab ...

14#
發表於 09-10-27 13:44 |只看該作者

回覆 13# kyliema2006 的文章

hi kyliema, same as me.  i hate the school system in hK and that's why i hate the gov't/subsidy schools.  most of them, push push push.  getting 80+ still not good enough.  everyone is fighting to go to top rank class.  kids are not enjoying schools at all.  all these teachers expect parents to send kids to private tutors - Primary 1 with tutoring already?!

15#
發表於 09-10-27 13:51 |只看該作者
原帖由 bobee 於 09-10-27 13:44 發表
hi kyliema, same as me.  i hate the school system in hK and that's why i hate the gov't/subsidy schools.  most of them, push push push.  getting 80+ still not good enough.  everyone is fighting to go  ...

Yes, it's insane that P1 students need private tutoring already.  I was on the minibus last week and I overheard the mommy sitting in front of me.  She's looking for a private tutor for her P1 child - 1 hour/day, 5 days/week.

16#
發表於 09-10-27 14:19 |只看該作者
If you have a chance to look at some test/exam papers for P1 pupils, you will understand why getting 80+ marks is not good enough.

Speaking of tests/exam, if CKY does not care about them, why are they arranging public exams like the ISA as well as IGCSE for year 10+ IB exam for year 12 students? And CKY parents who hate tests/exams so much are happy with these arrangements while the majority of HK students are only taking 1 public exam at the end of secondary 6?

原帖由 bobee 於 09-10-27 13:44 發表
hi kyliema, same as me.  i hate the school system in hK and that's why i hate the gov't/subsidy schools.  most of them, push push push.  getting 80+ still not good enough.  everyone is fighting to go  ...

[ 本帖最後由 gingerale 於 09-10-27 14:35 編輯 ]

17#
發表於 09-10-27 14:55 |只看該作者
Let's not complicate the question and argue from different points of view. CKY is definitely more expensive because they are running the IB curriculum and the whole programme from primary to senior secondary is preparing students for it. IB itself is very expensive to run. The school has to meet certain professional requirements which are expensive to maintain. In the primary, they have at least 2 teachers for each class, so that individual child has adequate attention and being taken care of in their learning needs.  

I am not sure how the other school is run and why the tuition fees are lower. Definitely the 2 schools' are very different in management and programme planning and that's why. You cannot compare which school is "better" because education is not a "product" and it works differently on each child. Some children can do very well and learn very happily in CKY but some cannot. It is a matter of matching! A matching of the school with each child's personality, intelligence, capability and also the parents' expectations and involvement!

My son is in CKY for the 3rd year and I am very grateful to the school that he has turned into a presentable (relatively) boy from a shy and passive one. His progress in reading and learning has surprised me these years. Moreover, he is now a very confident boy and willing to ask questions sensibly. He is motivated to learn about new things and getting to know better how to search for answers independently. It is too early to conclude if the tuition fees worth it or not, but at least we know it is the right school for him.

18#
發表於 09-10-27 15:02 |只看該作者
這個理論我都是第一次聽到,很有趣。現時的教育制度,小三、小五的TSA,考中學又帶來一大堆煩惱,未必個個家長喜歡。您喜歡,我可恭喜你,因你可省回不少金錢。否則,就不會有那麼多的家長把子女送進收費高昂的私校又或者是國際學校裡去。

話說回來,學校參加ISA,家長是不知道的,由交學費到考試,學校一手包辦,家長全蒙在鼓裡,直至收到成績單,才知道孩子的功夫!我覺得挺好呀,孩子在不需要操鍊下得到的成績才是真正的成績嘛!到高中生考IGCSE又或是IBD時,忙的是他們,不是家長呢!我們要幫也幫不了了,不像現時那麼多家長為孩子的各項評估而費寢忘餐,更要浪費其珍貴的假期一同溫習呢。

原帖由 gingerale 於 09-10-27 14:19 發表
If you have a chance to look at some test/exam papers for P1 pupils, you will understand why getting 80+ marks is not good enough.

Speaking of tests/exam, if CKY does not care about them, why are the ...

[ 本帖最後由 kyliema2006 於 09-10-27 15:11 編輯 ]

19#
發表於 09-10-27 15:03 |只看該作者

回覆 16# gingerale 的文章

Dear Gingerale,

To answer your concern is simple, for one dragon private school, CKY need not push the student in order for the TSA at year 3. Need not concern about the 1st and 2nd mark submission for Year 5 and 6. Need not concern about the scoring at F3 and accepting non-qualified student for F4 to F6. In between those years, for lower to upper pri, private tutor is required. For F3 onwards, those 'A''s tutoring class is necessary for precisely scoring what the marker's preference. For Test/Exam itself is not the problem but the reaction from student/parent is unacceptable. At least, uptill now not many tutoring class are for the IGCSE and IB which means that even if you want to train them to be a machine is not that easy and implies all of us need to train our kids from now to broaden their view.

20#
發表於 09-10-27 16:24 |只看該作者
I agree that "matching" is the key to determine whether a school is suitable for our kids.  

We have been to their briefing talk, talked to their teachers, the two pricinpals, and teachers who know about this school.  We just don't feel what CKY may offer to our children worth the school fees they ask for - BUT this is for our own situation ONLY.   

I was not suggesting that all parents are wasting their money by sending their kids there.  

Perhaps the exam/test issue is a major difference between CKY and TSL.  And different systems have their "followers".  

On the other hand, in terms of lanuage environment and character development, we have seen many TSL pupils with good lanuage ability (english and PTH) and are presentable and self-confident like some CKY parents described about their children.

原帖由 sschiu 於 09-10-27 14:55 發表
Let's not complicate the question and argue from different points of view. CKY is definitely more expensive because they are running the IB curriculum and the whole programme from primary to senior se ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖