用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Anyone can share about ESF Kindergarten?
發新帖
查看: 4841|回覆: 4
go

Anyone can share about ESF Kindergarten? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 15-2-10 13:22 |顯示全部帖子
I was a TY parent but i am not going to share those learning environment and programs, as my info. may be a bit out-dated.
In old days, many parents applied ESF kindy (there were no play visit at my time, having an offer was merely lucky draw) but some of them did not know why they chose, what the school would provide, or they did not know what they really wanted to have, struggling between the offers from IS and other famous local kindy.
If you are one them, think thoroughly about the education route you really want in the future. It is not a place to improve English skill.
If you have had enough preparation to go for the IS stream, I would like to congratulate you and you will have a good start. Just follow the school's philosophy, provide extra nourishment if required, and you will be on the way to your goal.
If you have more than enough offers from different IS kindies, it will be a hard time for you to choose your best.

2#
發表於 15-2-11 12:40 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 jedi.lala 的帖子

As a parent of two children, I went through quite a lot of different playgroups/kindergartens and my personal comment was that most of them were just doing the similar things, no matter how did they mention what and which methods they were using.

In my days, TY was in a big open area with partitions separating different classes.
I remember a teacher told me during the meeting they were using Jolly Phonics (but end up I didn't know what my children learned.).

Honestly speaking, I did not care what the curriculum was, and how they implemented as they stated in the website; and i have almost forgotten what was happening during that 2 years except fun.
My only purpose to be there was to train up to pass the interview, and had the priority to get a Year One place at ESF primary.

I suppose every IS kindergarten and primary are encouraging the importance of reading and have been providing a good environment to read but how early can a child read independently and how broad and deep he or she can read really depend upon the child's character, not the school herself.
If you do want your child to read more, you should not rely on the school. There are a lot of stuff you need to do at home to achieve your goal.

3#
發表於 16-1-11 19:52 |顯示全部帖子

回覆:HKTHK 的帖子

It is always good to take a look of this:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron

4#
發表於 16-1-12 16:45 |顯示全部帖子

引用:回覆+Moonlight819+的帖子 終於收聲啦,有

原帖由 HKTHK 於 16-01-12 發表
回覆 Moonlight819 的帖子

終於收聲啦,有請小鳳姐!
入番主题,費事比版主封帖。以前我唔明白點解報英基幼稚園要攪個play visit, 多鬼餘(想當年報名費也不用)
年紀大左,開始了解一点点....

5#
發表於 16-1-12 16:54 |顯示全部帖子

回覆:HKTHK 的帖子

Kinder, primary and secondary are in completely different eco-systems.

點評

annie40  yeah, so true.  發表於 16-1-12 18:08
‹ 上一主題|下一主題