用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Anyone can share about ESF Kindergarten?
查看: 4767|回覆: 40
go

Anyone can share about ESF Kindergarten?

發表於 15-2-10 09:35 |顯示全部帖子
My son has the offer of ESF in Tsing Yi, anyone can share the learning environment and programs there? Thanks!

發表於 15-2-10 13:22 |顯示全部帖子
I was a TY parent but i am not going to share those learning environment and programs, as my info. may be a bit out-dated.
In old days, many parents applied ESF kindy (there were no play visit at my time, having an offer was merely lucky draw) but some of them did not know why they chose, what the school would provide, or they did not know what they really wanted to have, struggling between the offers from IS and other famous local kindy.
If you are one them, think thoroughly about the education route you really want in the future. It is not a place to improve English skill.
If you have had enough preparation to go for the IS stream, I would like to congratulate you and you will have a good start. Just follow the school's philosophy, provide extra nourishment if required, and you will be on the way to your goal.
If you have more than enough offers from different IS kindies, it will be a hard time for you to choose your best.

發表於 15-2-10 13:24 |顯示全部帖子

回覆:Anyone can share about ESF Kindergarten

其實每個星期二都有parent tour,我今日都去完,你可以報名去了解下

發表於 15-2-10 13:55 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 jedi.lala 於 15-2-10 13:56 編輯
cytjulia 發表於 15-2-10 13:24
其實每個星期二都有parent tour,我今日都去完,你可以報名去了解下

請問parent tour內容? 參觀加講解?

發表於 15-2-10 18:59 |顯示全部帖子

引用:+本帖最後由+jedi.lala+於+15-2-10+13:56+

原帖由 jedi.lala 於 15-02-10 發表
本帖最後由 jedi.lala 於 15-2-10 13:56 編輯
I want to know more about it too!

發表於 15-2-10 22:53 |顯示全部帖子

回覆:Anyone can share about ESF Kindergarten

個校長親自帶你行一次間學校同答問題

發表於 15-2-11 12:08 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 oooray 的帖子

Thanks for your sharing!
Learnt from their website, they will teach phonics through play activities. Can you please share which phonic system are they following (e.g. letterland, jolly phonics etc)? They generally follow Education Bureau's guideline to start writing at age 4 (i.e. K2)?

I do want my kids to learn phonics earlier and in a systematic way, such that they can be able to read by themselves earlier.

發表於 15-2-11 12:13 |顯示全部帖子
i have yet to hear any good comments on esf kindergarten, the best i heard is "it is okay". the primary reason to get in is to get priority for its primary school. So, lower your expectation and you will not be disappointed.  

發表於 15-2-11 12:40 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 jedi.lala 的帖子

As a parent of two children, I went through quite a lot of different playgroups/kindergartens and my personal comment was that most of them were just doing the similar things, no matter how did they mention what and which methods they were using.

In my days, TY was in a big open area with partitions separating different classes.
I remember a teacher told me during the meeting they were using Jolly Phonics (but end up I didn't know what my children learned.).

Honestly speaking, I did not care what the curriculum was, and how they implemented as they stated in the website; and i have almost forgotten what was happening during that 2 years except fun.
My only purpose to be there was to train up to pass the interview, and had the priority to get a Year One place at ESF primary.

I suppose every IS kindergarten and primary are encouraging the importance of reading and have been providing a good environment to read but how early can a child read independently and how broad and deep he or she can read really depend upon the child's character, not the school herself.
If you do want your child to read more, you should not rely on the school. There are a lot of stuff you need to do at home to achieve your goal.

發表於 16-1-11 16:00 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 oooray 的帖子

舊年佢仲係問一啲咁嘅問題, 跟住讀咗幾個月就話要幫學校攞返個公道, 其實佢真係識條鐵咩!
今日佳句: 我以往也以為國際板的家長也有質素,但現在才知deal with 一些麻煩家長也不易!  

發表於 16-1-11 16:21 |顯示全部帖子

引用:回覆+oooray+的帖子 舊年佢仲係問一啲咁嘅

原帖由 HKTHK 於 16-01-11 發表
回覆 oooray 的帖子

舊年佢仲係問一啲咁嘅問題, 跟住讀咗幾個月就話要幫學校攞返個公道, 其實佢真係識條鐵 ...
佢一般見識,靠抬高自己小朋友間學校為榮,井底之蛙,唔知出面個世界有幾大,呢種人好可悲,做佢小朋友更可悲。

發表於 16-1-11 19:52 |顯示全部帖子

回覆:HKTHK 的帖子

It is always good to take a look of this:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron

發表於 16-1-11 20:03 |顯示全部帖子

回覆:Anyone can share about ESF Kindergarten?

又是兩個無聊人(一個可能是分身)!真替你們的寶校孩子慘!

點評

HKTHK  今日新字「無聊」, 望住個鏡講一次俾自己睇!   發表於 16-1-11 23:28

發表於 16-1-11 21:24 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 Moonlight819 的帖子

但係佢好似 Same on you喎!

發表於 16-1-11 23:54 |顯示全部帖子

引用:Quote:原帖由+HKTHK+於+16-01-11+發表回覆+

原帖由 hermitcrab 於 16-01-11 發表
佢一般見識,靠抬高自己小朋友間學校為榮,井底之蛙,唔知出面個世界有幾大,呢種人好可悲,做佢小朋友更可 ...
Who?

發表於 16-1-11 23:58 |顯示全部帖子
It is quite common to have arguments in internet forums, usually they would peter out after a while as participants start to lose interest, but digging up irrelevant old posts to continue the battle is getting a bit out of hand. Perhaps it is time for everyone to cool down.

發表於 16-1-12 00:13 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 FattyDaddy 的帖子

What do you think we should do with this K1 newbie who continues to pursue others who disagree with her?

發表於 16-1-12 00:18 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 FattyDaddy 的帖子

I know she is an embarrassment for other ESF parents and I feel for all of you. Problem is she continues to harass others in another forum. I do know one thing for sure. She is now famous in EK!  

發表於 16-1-12 00:36 |顯示全部帖子
HKTHK 發表於 16-1-12 00:13
回覆 FattyDaddy 的帖子

What do you think we should do with this K1 newbie who continues to pursue o ...
Just do nothing, the original thread is locked and the other thread is dying down already :)

發表於 16-1-12 07:48 |顯示全部帖子

回覆:HKTHK 的帖子

I don't understand why people keep asking programmes of kindies. I think majority of kindies offer similar programmes (play for majority of the time) except some extreme local ones like KV would require kids to write difficult Chinese characters and keep scheduling dictations on regular basis. So I think parents should just need to understand if the teachers are caring and the path after the kindies (local vs IS).