教育王國 討論區 初中教育 07暑期遊學團
發新帖
查看: 1525|回覆: 7
go

07暑期遊學團 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 07-1-30 20:56 |只看該作者

07暑期遊學團

阿仔中學己開了簡介會,有2團,都係去英國的;1個去22日,約$31000,住host family,另1個2weeks住劍橋,約$35000。請問有無小朋友舊年去過,可否分享一下心得;另外有沒有其他好介紹?

2#
發表於 07-1-31 19:33 |只看該作者

Re: 07暑期遊學團

My daughter has been to England Woldingham School for two weeks last year. Her experience was quite enjoyable and memorable. I think it will be much better to reside in school campus,  for the kids can stay together during evening and night time, the routine schedule will be more structural and it is not necessary for the kid to get acustom to another enviroment after school.
The living standard in there is very very high!1pound for a bottle of water, 2 pound for a can of coke and 4 pound for a hamburger! My daughter spent quite a lot of money during the outings.
Don't expect them to have " speedy improvement "in their english standard, nevertheless it is a precious experience for a child to explore the outside world.

3#
發表於 07-1-31 21:35 |只看該作者

chiuyy,
多謝你的迅速回應和分享,唔知介唔介意講下是什麼主辦機構及是否滿意他們各方面的安排?

4#
發表於 07-2-2 22:14 |只看該作者

My daughter joined the study tour from mingpao " Charming study tours"They are quite organised and understand the expectation of the parents well. There will be an instructor who take care of the students in each tour ( ratio 1:10). You can contact them via their mobile phone by leaving message at  any time during the kid's stay in England. They will also call you in case the kids have any problems in the school.Usually the location of the school is in the country side with which  most of the mobile phone from HK can not be reached.
"EF "is another organisation which has experience in organising study tour for many years. You can also consider programs from them.

5#
發表於 07-2-2 22:50 |只看該作者

chiuyy, thank you very much!

6#
發表於 07-2-3 07:20 |只看該作者

My son joined two study missions at P-4 and P-5 summer.  The first mission was in Australia for 2 weeks English program, home stay and self-arranged.  No instructor, no Cantonese and purely Australian culture.

Last year he was in Stanford Univeristy, he flew there by himself and the gifted program last 2 weeks.  He is the youngest among the group, he was 11 and he is the only kid from primary school.  three more kids from HK, one from international school and other two from DBS S-2 students.

What do you want your son to expose, learn......
You can arrange that by yourself or with him to pick the one best fit his needs, you need to cross check the program.  
My experience is don't go with HK kids, if not they can't pick up English and they will not mix with kids from other countries.
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

7#
發表於 07-2-3 10:25 |只看該作者

ANChan,多謝你的分享,其實自己幾認同你的講法,可惜囝囝是個依賴極重及唔主動的人,所以比較麻煩。

8#
發表於 07-2-3 12:07 |只看該作者

兒子去年中一暑假跟學校去了英國倫敦共19天,主辦單位是Excel Institute,費用大約30k。

由於是學校辦,全程有老師同行。 但如果無特別事(例如生病),在英國的生活就會由主辦單位導師同host family負責。 感覺上比起私營的遊學團安全點,令我可以放心讓兒子參加。

當地行程是星期一至四去學校上workshop,星期五六all day excursion,星期日就跟host family一起過。 Host famiily是經過篩選,是倫敦西部一些中上家庭。  兩個同學(自己組隊)跟一個host family,有照應。 三餐由host family負責,如果小朋友有偏食習慣就比較麻煩。  每天上下課都是自己乘車,當然頭幾天host family會教小朋友。

老實說,兩三個星期的行程,你不可能期望小朋友英文會突飛猛進。  但是可以令小朋友大開眼界,亦可讓他們跟陌生人相處,所謂相見好同住難,出去無家人倚賴,衣食住行有問題都唯有自己解決。  最好的是小朋友不會在暑假無所事事,玩遊戲機渡日。

http://www.baby-kingdom.com/index.php?uid-34397-action-spacelist-type-blog
‹ 上一主題|下一主題