教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 施德福(Stafford) - 请给些意见 ...
樓主: 猴子爸
go

施德福(Stafford) - 请给些意见 [複製鏈接]

121#
發表於 06-11-28 23:46 |只看該作者

Re: 施德福(Stafford) - 请给些意

jychan,

It is very kind of you to share with us your experience in choosing kinder for your daughter last year.  

Yes, you are right!!  I should be able to choose a SUITABLE school for her as I should be the one who knows her the best.  I will make my decision carefully and confidently.  Thanks for your helpful advice again  

122#
發表於 06-12-5 15:31 |只看該作者

elysemama,
I know that your daughter has also been admitted to SC.  So now among Stafford, SC and Soka, which one will you pick?

123#
發表於 06-12-5 18:12 |只看該作者

Hi, 猴子爸,

We still not yet received the letter from Soka yet.  But, we may not consider Soka now even Elyse got accepted finally (But, I think the chance is veryyyy low).  We have some reservation about its academic level though I believe it is a happy kinder.

We will pick among Stafford/HKPS & SC now.  My husband not prefer SC as similar reasons rasied by jychan.  At this moment, SC is not our first choice.  But, SC really has good reputation.  So, I can't tell I will give it up.  

How about you?  Stafford or SC or other kinder you pick for 猴子?  Have you made your final decision?   HKPS result will not be announced until 6/Jan?  I'm struggling to pay the reservation fee for SC or not.  If I make the decision before 17/Dec, I can save $660 if I decided to give up SC.  If I am still hesitate, maybe I have to pay first and have time to consider more deeply.

Will you join the Stafford Christmas party on 16/Dec?

124#
發表於 06-12-5 22:21 |只看該作者

Well, we are still considering...
Stafford -
Adv: better environment, more attention, lower teacher:student ratio, high academic standard, NET's availability
Disadv: not well-known at all (9.5 out of 10 ppl never heard of it; we are so tired of introducing it to everyone everytime this topic is being brought up), mysterious connection with York, which is clouded with some bad news right now, public exams and exams and exams...

SC -
Adv: superior reputation, all rounded curriculum, long history, many of my relatives and friends' kids study/studied there
Disadv: too big or may be too crowded

So, let's see...

Yes, we will attend the Christmas party. I believe it'll be fun.  

Will you be there?

elysemama 寫道:
Hi, 猴子爸,

How about you?  Stafford or SC or other kinder you pick for 猴子?  Have you made your final decision?   HKPS result will not be announced until 6/Jan?  I'm struggling to pay the reservation fee for SC or not.  If I make the decision before 17/Dec, I can save $660 if I decided to give up SC.  If I am still hesitate, maybe I have to pay first and have time to consider more deeply.

Will you join the Stafford Christmas party on 16/Dec?

125#
發表於 06-12-5 22:36 |只看該作者

猴子爸

在這網很少人發表有關來年的入學率...
你估有幾多人會attend the party ?

126#
發表於 06-12-5 23:11 |只看該作者

hi,

我仔仔現在讀緊st.cat. k1,上年我都好似大家心大心細,唔知選邊間,最後都係選st.cat. 因為我自己覺得st.cat.口碑好,係幼稚園之中嘅名校,我聽說在這間畢業d 學生英文好好,而且仲可以派到一間好小學.但係仔仔現在讀了差不多四個月,我本人應為st.cat.有以下不足地方
1. 課室真係好逼,小朋友好容易被椅子kick到
2. 實在大多學生
3. 一些比較文靜/怕羞嘅學生可能被班主任忽略,令到小朋友有hard feeling.
4. 老師可能太忙,同家長嘅關係唔會太close, 打電話同老師了解一下小朋友嘅情況,佢地比我嘅感覺係好趕,快d收線,等我自己都唔好意思再問.
5. 到k2 and k3,沒有 net 班主任,每班可能三十個小朋友.
我見我仔仔都讀得唔係好開心,佢平日好喜歡講野,一日都唔停口,但係我見佢返st.cat.唔多出聲,但係佢學到很多野.由於我仔仔係細bb,經過一番查詢,發覺仔仔可能比較適合細size學校,所以我都報咗stafford k2 全日班,已經交咗留位費,不過,仲未決定讀唔讀,諗住睇定d先,如果仔仔返st.cat.唔開心間學校幾出名都無用.好似今年stafford嘅小一派位成績唔錯,好多都入到好學校

127#
發表於 06-12-5 23:59 |只看該作者

猴子爸,

Yes, I will be there, too.  I think it will be a good chance for us to feel more about this kinder.

Yes, we will attend the Christmas party. I believe it'll be fun.  

Will you be there?

128#
發表於 06-12-6 09:22 |只看該作者

Another thought is that:
it would be much easier to transfer from SC to any other schools, say in K2, but not the other way around.
so, why don't we give it a try?

what do you think?

129#
發表於 06-12-6 12:08 |只看該作者

Yes, we can try this way.  Also, maybe both schools (SC/Stafford) are suitable for our children, right?

130#
發表於 06-12-7 11:50 |只看該作者

07年好像已经收满了学生,但可能他们还会继续接受申请,因为也不知有多少人会放弃学位。
到底有多少人会参加party?会不会超过30个学生呢?

kakaloklok 寫道:
猴子爸

在這網很少人發表有關來年的入學率...
你估有幾多人會attend the party ?

131#
發表於 06-12-7 22:56 |只看該作者

[quote]
猴子爸 寫道:
07年好像已经收满了学生,但可能他们还会继续接受申请,因为也不知有多少人会放弃学位。
到底有多少人会参加party?会不会超过30个学生呢?

突然好怕當日會 "拍fly"'''

132#
發表於 06-12-8 09:57 |只看該作者

"拍fly"? 我相信不会吧!起码我们现在还是想参加Stafford's X'mas party

kakaloklok,你是肯定会读Stafford?

kakaloklok 寫道:

突然好怕當日會 "拍fly"'''

133#
發表於 06-12-8 11:18 |只看該作者

Hi 你地好,

我係首次入來呢度傾計, 多多交流呀!

我囡囡都有stafford k1 offer, 我自己同婆婆都好鍾意呢間學校, 面試當日感覺好好, 老師又好好, 環境亦不俗, 又係我屬意的上午班, 英文好仲有letterland學...

但我最担心係佢跟york的關係, 雖然話兩間已拆夥, 但見番討論區的內容, 又好像兩間學校的學生兩間走參加活動咁, 亦有人提及過stafford曾要求家長要捐贈一筆款項來購置校內物件...聽到這些都有些

所以我都想係度聽多d意見.

134#
發表於 06-12-8 11:53 |只看該作者

这件事我一直都没听说过,Stafford家长可以给多些资料吗?

HappyYammie 寫道:
亦有人提及過stafford曾要求家長要捐贈一筆款項來購置校內物件...

135#
發表於 06-12-8 11:56 |只看該作者

HappyYammie 寫道:

但我最担心係佢跟york的關係, 雖然話兩間已拆夥, 但見番討論區的內容, 又好像兩間學校的學生兩間走參加活動咁, 亦有人提及過stafford曾要求家長要捐贈一筆款項來購置校內物件...聽到這些都有些

所以我都想係度聽多d意見.

My daughter is now studying in K1 of SF. So far, I've never heard of stafford 曾要求家長要捐贈一筆款項來購置校內物件, even if they organise any charity activities like donation to Children's Cancer Fund / Unicef, the school emphasised that the participation is on voluntary basis and turn out no one urge / force you if you don't donate.

136#
發表於 06-12-8 13:02 |只看該作者

Hi, 猴子爸,

見你SC�Stafford兩邊走, 有決定未呀?  我同老公商議後決定放棄SC, 他説寧選Soka也不選SC (創價最後收了囡囡).

137#
發表於 06-12-8 15:03 |只看該作者

我们应该take SC的机会大一些,只是不见有申请Stafford的家长是在waiting list上(我的意思是不需要让位给其他人),所以还在看看,也想在Stafford的Party里面看看这间学校的情况。
为什么你的老公那么不喜欢SC?

138#
發表於 06-12-8 15:46 |只看該作者

为什么你的老公那么不喜欢SC?

理由主要係佢覺得SC太大, 担心老師放係毎個小朋友既專注不足, 未能好好的因材施教; 相反較細的學校(小班教學)就比較貼心、貼身.

不過其實我覺得我老公既性格都有左右佢既決定(佢幾抗拒品牌、名牌)

最初我也有想過先交留位費再慢慢考慮, 怕錯失了機會, 但老公又老大不願意.  希望無論最後我們選的是那一間, 都是最合適囡囡的.

139#
發表於 06-12-8 16:01 |只看該作者

你的小朋友考什么学校都拿到位置,肯定很出众,以后在那里读书都会很出色。

140#
發表於 06-12-8 16:12 |只看該作者

"拍fly" - NO WAY!
It's a school function that day and most of the parents will go to the Christmas carnival as our kids are performing that day!

I participated one of these functions before I decided to send my kid go to Stafford. The party was hilarious. If I recall, it was something like an "Environmental Show" with kids have fashion show with recycled materials & games, art & craft etc. Although my kid was not in any of the performance that time, she enjoyed watching the big boys & girls very much!
猴子爸 寫道:
"拍fly"? 我相信不会吧!起码我们现在还是想参加Stafford's X'mas party

kakaloklok,你是肯定会读Stafford?

[quote]
kakaloklok 寫道:

突然好怕當日會 "拍fly"'''
[/quote]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題