密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 施德福(Stafford) - 请给些意见 ...
查看: 9864|回覆: 153
go

施德福(Stafford) - 请给些意见

發表於 06-11-6 15:59 |顯示全部帖子

施德福(Stafford) - 请给些意见

在星期六的面试会上,听到更多资料,知道这新学校很不错,说是新的却是有一定的历史,因为是约克的同一个办学团体成立的,给我的印象就像是Toyota的 Corolla(York)和Lexus(Stafford)的分别。
据我所知,施德福:
1)是小班教学,约二十几个学生一班,两位老师,加一个Assistant,整间学校只得五,六班。
2)学校有一套很好的课程,把小朋友都教得英文程度很高,剑桥试拿到很高成绩,中普数都不错。
3)老师很有爱心,跟学生关系很close.,而学生都有很开心的学校生活。
4)K3学生得到很多名小学取录
5)办学团体把很大比例的资源投放在施德福,所以在各方面的质素都比约克优胜。
6)校舍很新,操场不像其他学校放在后院,非常开阳,感觉很好。

因为很切合我们的要求 - 特别是小班教学,我们都打算让儿子读这间学校(如果被取录的话).实际上,到底有没有其他地方我们需要注意的呢?

發表於 06-11-6 22:57 |顯示全部帖子

Re: 施德福(Stafford) - 请给些意

猴子爸,
My daughter is a K1 student in Stafford. Since Stafford is a relatively small kindergarten, and not many parents are active in BK, excuse us if the response to your questions is not overwhelming.

All the points you noted are exactly right. Many parents consider this school is because of the high English standard (native English speaking teacher from K1-3). Due to the small school & class size, the teachers (not only the class teachers) know your kid by name soon after they started school, which impressed me a lot. However, unlike other famous kindergartens in Kowloon Tong, Stafford is relatively low-profile, so, you have to prepare when people ask you "huh?stafford? haven't heard of it, where is it?" haha

In fact
[quote]
猴子爸 寫道:
在星期六的面试

發表於 06-11-6 23:00 |顯示全部帖子

Re: 施德福(Stafford) - 请给些意见

我上星期六因為唔得閒,所以星期五就帶咗仔仔去interview,不過我係apply k2 全日班,當日老師已confirm會收我個仔,叫我交留位費,不過,我話要問吓daddy先,你真利害,在一個早上你就可以了解得這間學校咁清楚,星期六係唔係好多人interview呀?你有沒有見其他學校?點解你會覺得老師很有愛心?你是否看到學生在上課?
猴子爸 寫道:
在星期六的面试会上,听到更多资料,知道这新学校很不错,说是新的却是有一定的历史,因为是约克的同一个办学团体成立的,给我的印象就像是Toyota的 Corolla(York)和Lexus(Stafford)的分别。
据我所知,施德福:
1)是小班教学,约二十几个学生一班,两位老师,加一个Assistant,整间学校只得五,六班。
2)学校有一套很好的课程,把小朋友都教得英文程度很高,剑桥试拿到很高成绩,中普数都不错。
3)老师很有爱心,跟学生关系很close.,而学生都有很开心的学校生活。
4)K3学生得到很多名小学取录
5)办学团体把很大比例的资源投放在施德福,所以在各方面的质素都比约克优胜。
6)校舍很新,操场不像其他学校放在后院,非常开阳,感觉很好。

因为很切合我们的要求 - 特别是小班教学,我们都打算让儿子读这间学校(如果被取录的话).实际上,到底有没有其他地方我们需要注意的呢?

發表於 06-11-6 23:35 |顯示全部帖子

多謝猴子爸、DodoluMama的意見。請問施德福(Stafford)有沒有普通話堂?與金巴侖(St. Nicolas)有什麼分別?
clicktest

發表於 06-11-7 14:47 |顯示全部帖子

我在星期六当天见到家长的数目,相信相对于其他大的学校,例如国际,崇真,根德园等,每一轮面见的人数一定是少很多,因为始终它的面积比较小。但整体有多少人申请就不得而知。
它是有普通话的,但不像其他学校的国际班/英普班一样,比重那么高。
我主要是在BK上看到家长的分享,加上当天观察老师的表现,感觉到老师们对学生都应该有爱心和照顾。
其实,我觉得一般人认不认识施德福,不是一个很大的问题,最重要的是学生真正得到quality education,而且只要出名小学都认识这间学校的话,那就更加不用担心。
另外,校长提到学生考校外试时,解释到,主要是学生在平常愉快学习中,已经到达高水平的英语和数学水准,所以考试并不是压力,而且也帮助他们得到好小学的取录。在我个人来讲是同意她的说法,但最重要是"愉快学习",不是硬催谷,考试只是结果的反映,就没有问题。

發表於 06-11-7 18:26 |顯示全部帖子

My kid is a K1 student of Stafford. I think that parents who opt for this school are quite "non- mainstream" ones who look for famous school like SC. To me, many famous schools are just like a "factory" and sometimes may not able to take care the individual development of the kids.

I opt for the real small-class teaching approach for my little one as I think kids of just 3-6 years old really need much more attention. They are all very unique and really need extra caring & individual guidance from the teachers.

Besides, I am so far quite satifised with the progress of my kid in Stafford. They do have homework almost every day, but actually just very simple pre-writing skills or colouring activities. However, the school do organise quite a lot of activites like Halloween Party, BBQ day, etc to let the kids to learn through activities.

So far I would say the style of the school is in between traditional and 活動教學 ones. Teachers are nice and parent-friendly. Unlike many school, it's quite transparent & teacher-parent communications are quite good.

Just to share my opinion. If you are looking for famous school, Stafford is defintley not your choice. However, if you opt for quality education for your kids, I would recommend you to consider it.     

發表於 06-11-9 15:07 |顯示全部帖子

jychan,
谢谢你的意见。
想再问一问,在德育方面,你觉得施德福看重吗?会不会只重在学术,特别是英语水平,而忽略了在这方面的培育?
德育- 我主要是指礼貌,待人接物,控制情绪,尊师重道,discipline,等等。

發表於 06-11-9 16:00 |顯示全部帖子

很多謝jychan的意見, 跟猴子爸一様, 我老公十分重視德育方面.

上星期六的面試中, 是我帶囡囡面試, 老公就去聽簡介會; 我這邊廂的感覺非常好(包括校舍環境及老師親切態度).  至於我老公方面, 就恰好相反, 他説那個課程總監很hard-sell, 只着重吹嘘他們學生的英語能力(佔3/4時間), 他感覺不太舒服, 感覺只看重英語能力, 難道英語是學習的全部???  這是令他感覺不舒服的最大原因, 其次就是那個課程總監的面孔, 一點也不謙虚, 不過可能她實在為自己的學生感到自豪而一時忘形。(這點不難理解)

本來這所幼稚園也是我的頭3名target, 但而家我老公叫我想清楚, 因為他一想起那個簡介會就想打退堂鼓, 我想那個簡介會給了我們反效果。 也好!! 起碼我們有清楚既picture去選擇.

發表於 06-11-9 16:33 |顯示全部帖子

我不太觉得她高傲,只觉得她很会present这间幼稚园的长处,和跟别的一般学校的分别。而且她很会掌握家长的心理,让家长buy他们的办学理念和方法,而事实上,他们的学生真的有很出色的表现。
但好像你所注视的,学业表现是一件事,全人德育培训也是很重要的,但她就没有太着墨在这点上面,可能她以为家长最看重的也只是学业,升小学的表现,但我相信这间小班学校应该在这方面也有它的理念的。
请家长们发表意见.

發表於 06-11-9 16:53 |顯示全部帖子

猴子爸 寫道:
jychan,
谢谢你的意见。
想再问一问,在德育方面,你觉得施德福看重吗?会不会只重在学术,特别是英语水平,而忽略了在这方面的培育?
德育- 我主要是指礼貌,待人接物,控制情绪,尊师重道,discipline,等等。

Wah!!
小朋友3-yr old, 你地巳经要求'控制情绪,尊师重道'?
會吾會太'任重而道遠'?
呢D嘢要身教, 吾好旨意kindie; 其实只要D老師有愛心, D小朋友就會潛移默化咁学到.
放心啦, 無Kindie會諗住教壞你D仔女嘅!
爭在个focus係咪在呢一点上面啫!!

發表於 06-11-9 17:17 |顯示全部帖子

Dear all:
我兒子現在在STAFFORD就讀K1, STAFFORD的老師真的關心小朋友, 如他們會致電給我, 請我替兒子添衣, 真的使我很意外. 德育方面, 兒子真的比從前禮貌,會主動跟人打招呼(兒子從前比較內向)和跟小朋友Sharing. 到現在為止, 我還很滿意.其他方面也同意jychan的意見.

發表於 06-11-9 17:34 |顯示全部帖子

我觉得这方面是需要的。
如无意外,小朋友将会有3年的时间,从3岁到五岁,也就是启蒙的时候,在同一所学校里度过,学校的气氛,老师的榜样,爱心,价值观,好像你说的潛移默化咁学到。
“控制情绪”- 会不会有适当的方法去安慰学生,疏导他们的情绪,不让他们随便发脾气,教导他们怎样去处理问题。
“尊师重道”- 着重他们对老师校长,家长及长辈的尊敬,礼貌,服从,等等。
照理,这些应该不会等到小学才教育他们吧!我们怕的是学校只一味强调成绩有多好,只是功利的崇拜,但忽略对小朋友心智和德育的培养。
当然,好像我早前所说的,通常在小班学校里,德育是最容易做得好,因为可以有比较多的attention放在每个学生上,也就更容易照顾他们的需要。

發表於 06-11-9 18:41 |顯示全部帖子

I also attended the briefing last year and heard the selling of the high English standard of the school. Remember, this is the only official chance for them  to "sell" the school and that's why they are very 落力 hard sell! Forgive them. I think it also happens to other kindergartens who offer similar briefing.

So far, I don't see teh school only stress on English standard. Actually, I can even say the Chinese standard is not bad / low as compared to other famous school.  

德育方面, I think my girl is quite Ok in this aspect. She learnt to be co-operative with the classmates, to respect others, etc (of course, you can't reply on schools in this aspects. I've also stressed on this aspect in teaching her myself).

One example I can quoted to show the caring & stress on 德育發展 for yr reference:
I told the class teacher at the beginning of the term that my girl has a bit jealousy on her little sister (as I 'm expecting my 2nd child in Dec).  She was quite moody & sought my extra attention because of this. Her class teachers have been helping me to talk to her personally many times to teach her how nice to be a big sister, how should she behave as a good girl as mummy is pregnant and she needs to love & care about her little sister. I know thee teachers did these as my girl told me & it is reflected in her behaviour that she's very caring to my tummy and try to talk to her little sister by talking to my tummy.

I think if the kids have any behavioural problems, you can tell the teachers and they are willing to help the kids to overcome it.

That's all my sharing.   

elysemama 寫道:
上星期六的面試中, 是我帶囡囡面試, 老公就去聽簡介會; 我這邊廂的感覺非常好(包括校舍環境及老師親切態度).  至於我老公方面, 就恰好相反, 他説那個課程總監很hard-sell, 只着重吹嘘他們學生的英語能力(佔3/4時間), 他感覺不太舒服, 感覺只看重英語能力, 難道英語是學習的全部???  這是令他感覺不舒服的最大原因, 其次就是那個課程總監的面孔, 一點也不謙虚, 不過可能她實在為自己的學生感到自豪而一時忘形。(這點不難理解)

本來這所幼稚園也是我的頭3名target, 但而家我老公叫我想清楚, 因為他一想起那個簡介會就想打退堂鼓, 我想那個簡介會給了我們反效果。 也好!! 起碼我們有清楚既picture去選擇.

發表於 06-11-9 18:48 |顯示全部帖子

Nicolelau ,
You are also here. Hope the other parents don't find us "hard-selling" Stafford.   

Dear Parents who are considering SF,
Please note that we get no commission for selling it and we are really sharing the truth.   I really find it a nice school & thus can tell u lots about it. Forgive me if u find me hard-selling.      

Hooray for SF       Ha ha ha...........

發表於 06-11-10 09:43 |顯示全部帖子

Hi, jychan & Nicolelau,

Thanks for your sincere sharing.  I feel Stafford's teachers are very nice and caring, too.  

發表於 06-11-10 10:28 |顯示全部帖子

猴子爸 寫道:
我觉得这方面是需要的。
如无意外,小朋友将会有3年的时间,从3岁到五岁,也就是启蒙的时候,在同一所学校里度过,学校的气氛,老师的榜样,爱心,价值观,好像你说的潛移默化咁学到。
“控制情绪”- 会不会有适当的方法去安慰学生,疏导他们的情绪,不让他们随便发脾气,教导他们怎样去处理问题。
“尊师重道”- 着重他们对老师校长,家长及长辈的尊敬,礼貌,服从,等等。
照理,这些应该不会等到小学才教育他们吧!我们怕的是学校只一味强调成绩有多好,只是功利的崇拜,但忽略对小朋友心智和德育的培养。
当然,好像我早前所说的,通常在小班学校里,德育是最容易做得好,因为可以有比较多的attention放在每个学生上,也就更容易照顾他们的需要。

I'm glad that there is a BK daddy intending to make vast input to the development of his kid.  

Usually, daddies tend to think that it is the responsibility of mamies!!

What's your baby doing at this moment for the pursuance of the above mentioned aims?

I'm glad to share with you.  

Have you put your kids into some playgroups?

I recommend you to study the courses of Toddlers' World of YMCA-Tsimshatsui.

Rosaline had been put there for around 18-months before starting her Pre-Nursery.

I found that they could help to form/shape pleasant character for our babies.

發表於 06-11-10 18:20 |顯示全部帖子

Hi all,

我上星期六都有 in stafford, 因我個朋友的仔女是在此校讀的,我朋友highly recommended of their english standard ,佢話好多小朋友畢業後英文水平都比一般小朋友高,而佢個仔更加係未攪珠前已獲九龍官小及陳守仁取錄,
其實我都好鐘意佢地唔係太多學生,起碼老師能夠更了解每個小朋友的進度,同埋面試個日佢地的老師真係好nice, 但因我沒有出度佢地的講座,只是爸爸去聽,所以我唔太十分清楚呢問學校的理念,

其實我個女而家讀緊劍鳴nursery的國際班,需然佢地有個net 係班度,但我覺得佢地完全係以中文為主導,同埋入面的老師並不是想像中咁有愛心,令我覺得同我期望有些少出入,但身邊實在有太多人話劍鳴好好,所以我都唔知應該點選.唔知nursery 同kindergarten 係咪唔同的呢?

另外,我想問stafford 的畢業生是否真的派得好好呢?如是點解佢又會咁少人考的
另外,學費同雜費又係多少一個月呢?
謝謝

發表於 06-11-11 22:14 |顯示全部帖子

請問今日有否家長同小朋友in過stafford ?

發表於 06-11-12 00:13 |顯示全部帖子

Today we received the acceptence letter and my son has been assigned to their am class.  It's indeed not a bad idea to ask Ms. Chan to arrange a campus tour next week as we need to pay the deposit as required anyway.

Thanks for the comments from everyone!

發表於 06-11-12 00:33 |顯示全部帖子

My son did not talk anything yet, just say "bye".
He interviewed 4 schools, but he always perform too bad, the teacher called him and he did not response. So I want to apppy more schools for him.

I heard Stafford is a good school. So can I apply now?? any website????

I like there are small class size. The teacher can take care the children easily.