搜索
教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 聖嘉勒入學通知
樓主: hohomami
go

聖嘉勒入學通知 [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 06-10-29 08:52 |只看該作者

Re: 聖嘉勒入學通知

Read from the other topics on BK that Charlotte_Mom & Martie's daugther selected HKUGA and SSGPS respectively.

Charlotte_Mom and Martie,

Can you share the reason of giving up St Claire?

Martie, if I am guessing right, Does your daugther studying well in SSGPS.

St. Claire is also one of the Primary school which my daughter interviewed.  I also want to know the comment from the parent whose daughter is studying in.

Thanks.

LingChiBaBa
KidsMami 寫道:
Hi Moms,

Wish your daughters all settled down well in the new schools!  I'm experiencing the same headache as you had several months previously, how to select a RIGHT school for my dear daughter.  St. Clare is one of my favorite, and I would be very appreciated to hear more comments from your experienced moms.  How is the school life of your daughters?  Do they enjoy very much in studying?  How many hours for the homeworks daily (I'm scared to hear that the kids need to put 2-3 hours for the homeworks daily for some famous schools)?  Are the teachers kind and good?  Are they 活動式教學或傳統式教學?What curriculars are using English to teach?  What about extra-curriculars?  All the aspects of information are useful for me.

If you finally gave up St. Clares, I'm also interest to know which school you finally choose for your daughter, and how is it?

Thanks for your sharing.

42#
發表於 06-10-29 22:39 |只看該作者

LingChiBaBa 寫道:

Read from the other topics on BK that Charlotte_Mom & Martie's daugther selected HKUGA and SSGPS respectively.

Charlotte_Mom and Martie,

Can you share the reason of giving up St Claire?

Martie, if I am guessing right, Does your daugther studying well in SSGPS.

St. Claire is also one of the Primary school which my daughter interviewed.  I also want to know the comment from the parent whose daughter is studying in.

Thanks.
[/quote]

I want to know too.....

43#
發表於 06-10-31 21:56 |只看該作者

Hi Any St. Clare's students' mom here?  Hope you can share your experience to help us!!

醒目開學勳章 王國長老

44#
發表於 06-10-31 22:53 |只看該作者

Hi all,
係呀, 我女女eventually去左hkuga(最後一刻叩門成功), 我就好開心, 老實講, 初時我老公有d hesitate, 畢竟hkuga係新校新思維, 係中文小學而且校風無st clare咁嚴謹, 佢怕女女會學曳
而家女女返左2個月學, 好開心, 我唔會話hkuga vs st clare邊間好d, 都唔同類型! 當然sc係英文學校, 我相信學生英文底子一定會打得好好, 不過我女女比較坐唔定又多多野唸, 我覺得hkuga會俾到佢自由發揮既空間
我唔係覺得sc有咩唔好, 不過站在matching立場睇, 我希望女女可以搵間適合佢既學校, 愉快學習, 我已經好開心
希望各位都搵到最適合既學校俾女女啦

45#
發表於 06-11-1 01:41 |只看該作者

Hi Charlotte_mom,

Thanks.

Any St.Clares' students' parents here comment on the school?    

46#
發表於 06-11-1 22:37 |只看該作者

Hi Charlotte_mom,

Can you also give the comments on the comparision of True Light and St. Clare?  I knew you had done a lot of research on these 2 schools. My daughter likes True Light's big playground, but I'm afraid of the English Standard of True Light as it is a Chinese Primary School.  

On the other hand, I felt St. Clare seemed "too private", I'm afraid it is too traditional, more focused on academic performance and English standard rather than bring out the Kids'potential.  What do you think?

醒目開學勳章 王國長老

47#
發表於 06-11-2 10:12 |只看該作者

well......
講真, 兩間我eventually都無讀, 我都係知幾多講幾多, 希望唔好得罪人
其實TL同SC都係傳統教學, 無錯, SC俾我感覺好傳統, 我識有個以前(講緊而家都讀大學果D)家長, 就叫住我唔好去SC, 因為好傳統好傳統, 老師只著重成績, 唔顧小朋友其他發展, 學校透明度亦好低, 又唔想宣傳自己學校, 所以咁多年都紅唔起, 不過!!!隨住近年mrs wong上任校長, 我見各方面都有改變, mrs wong聽聞以前係marymount老師, 好有心去改革, 而且得到校方&家長支持, 我見呢幾年, 改革做得好smooth! SC而家係辦得唔錯既!
校園細呢樣, 真係難免, 如果你有去過學校, 真係會覺得個操場同禮堂都好細, 不過個課室都幾舒服既!
功課方面, 以我所知, SC幼稚園已經係個個WEEK默書, 對學業成績都幾有要求, 而英文水準方面, 我識得幾個長大左既SC女仔, 有D讀書叻D有D無咁叻, 不過同樣地, 英文水平都係very good既, 就算以前中文小學, 都已經要睇好多英文reader, 所以英文一d都唔輸蝕

關於TL, 我女女讀左3年kinder, 對佢老師教育既熱誠, 對小朋友既愛心, 唔呃錢又慳家, 家校合作, 係要俾個very good! 同你講既一樣, 如果唔係擔心英文水平, 我真係唔會走! (老實, kinder學d英文, 真係非常屎!) 呢樣我真係覺得好可惜既!
女女有部分同學直升小學, 我見都唔少功課壓力架, 算standard水平啦(幼稚園直上果班, 英普會追得辛苦d lor! 我識d媽咪話, 做功課默書都有d想喊!) 每week都默書, 正常測考咁啦
如果兩間比, 我相信TL校風會開明小小tim! 外面傳TL勁傳統, 其實唔係, 有時我地返學校有幼稚園活動, d小學生小息, 都會好活躍又八八掛掛咁企度睇, 一d都唔呆架!
校園方面, TL校園真係算係唔錯, 中小幼share一個campus, 真係夠晒大! 有晒冷氣禮堂游泳池室內外體育場地, 仲有園林實景tim!
呀, 另外有d好pro既家長比較過, 我又順便講講--TL係每個月order午餐既, 而SC係一日日計既, 所以比較起黎, SC抵D wor

希望呢d資料對你有用啦!

48#
發表於 06-11-2 14:38 |只看該作者

上年我地一班家長都有報 sc
全部都收晒
但最後一個都無讀
有私校/直資收左
有大抽中左
有叩門 ok 左
其實 sc 又唔係唔好
只因係有更好既

醒目開學勳章 王國長老

49#
發表於 06-11-2 14:42 |只看該作者

faxfax
"我地一班家長"指咩人先? 如果講緊bk mom, 我知有幾個係最後入左sc架, 因為我女女都係七月尾至叩門成功, 所以之前既sc orientation我都有去, 仲同左d bk mom相認tim

50#
發表於 06-11-2 15:34 |只看該作者

你們好,
我呢排都有留意聖嘉勒同真光的討論, 真係好想請教吓, 如果俾你們排位, 會點排以下幾間.

聖嘉勒/ 真光 / 聖心 / 寶血

因我去過聖嘉勒interview, 覺得校舍好細,仲要無位停車(我自己揸車), 唔知點送返學好.同埋唔知係唔係佢d家長好忙定低調,真係好少人討論, 不過我舅母話呢間英文好好. 

真光我未去過, 只知校舍ok, but 英文唔得.

聖心是否將來無私立位? 因我睇書話會變津貼全日, 如果咁我咪無得揀? 

寶血就因小女現在讀緊, 但問親d家長點解會讀係因為無得揀  係咪即係呢間學校水準唔得?

醒目開學勳章 王國長老

51#
發表於 06-11-2 15:47 |只看該作者

寶血係指小學定幼稚園?
其實我都唔係好明, 明明視學報告對寶血評語幾好架wor, 不過睇返舊年小一派位, 好多bk mom一知派到寶血, 就即刻雞飛狗走話要轉校   究竟寶血輸在d咩呢?

真光d英文, 如果講幼稚園level, 的確好弱, 我見佢地而家小一學既野, 大路啦, 唔太深唔太淺, 不過肯定講句, 係比以前學深左(各方面都係)

聖心轉全日津小咩? 我又唔知wor, 可能為左將來結龍做準備掛.......講真, 聖心係呢幾間之中, academic standard一定係最好, 不過, 成功非僥倖, 如果女女唔係真正讀書材料, 怕跟得辛苦呢!

52#
發表於 06-11-2 15:51 |只看該作者

Charlotte_mom,
"我地一班家長"
係指我女幼稚園d同學仔呀
其實我都覺 sc 唔錯
如果唔係, 都費事 apply 啦

53#
發表於 06-11-2 17:11 |只看該作者

在一般人心目中,聖嘉勒的確係比較低調,而且好傳統,但正如Charlotte_mom所講,年多前新校長上任,家長教師會成立後,學校已改變了好多,例如加入好多課外活動,多派同學參加各式各樣校際比賽,增加有關於課題的校外參觀活動,更改不合時而的課本,加聘數位外籍老師等等.
今日的聖嘉勒小學,除了保持一貫的英語水平外,另加上小一的法文班,令小朋友語文能力更多樣化.
在社會巨輛推動下,聖嘉勒的確轉變了,但不變的係天神之后傳教女修會的精神----樸實。
很多事情,錯過了就沒有了;錯過了就是會變的,緣份也是。人與人之所以能夠成為朋友,成為知己,在於彼此交往的機會多,及彼此的交流坦誠.願主祝福你們!TRACY

醒目開學勳章 王國長老

54#
發表於 06-11-2 17:23 |只看該作者

hi 瑄婷!
仲引唔到你入黎   
女女好嗎? 小一生活還愉快嗎? 你準備比賽準備成點?

55#
發表於 06-11-2 18:00 |只看該作者

都話低調啦!   
不過我真係好忙,公私兩忙.

其實有你做代言人,我都好放心,因為你好中肯.
很多事情,錯過了就沒有了;錯過了就是會變的,緣份也是。人與人之所以能夠成為朋友,成為知己,在於彼此交往的機會多,及彼此的交流坦誠.願主祝福你們!TRACY

醒目開學勳章 王國長老

56#
發表於 06-11-2 21:37 |只看該作者

哎呀, 有咁多線眼o係度, 我點敢亂講野呀   
咪俾高帽我戴啦, 聖嘉勒d事, 我邊夠你清楚wor!

57#
發表於 06-11-3 22:29 |只看該作者

Hi Charotte Mother,

Thanks for your comments.

Hi 瑄婷,

Your daughter is studying in SC?  Could you tell some more details about their curriculars?  What curriculars in English teaching, what in Chinese?  Pu Tong Hua?  Native English Speaking teacher for oral English?  How many lessons of oral English per week?  活動式教學?  What about homeworks?  Extra-Curriculars?  

Thanks!

58#
發表於 07-5-21 09:10 |只看該作者

Dear KidsMami,

I haven't visited Baby Kindgom since my daughter started her P.1 at St. Clare's due to busy duty at work and also the PTA meetings & activities. Really love to share with you all about St. Clare's. If you don't mind, you can leave a private message to me so that we could chat over the phone.

Cheers,
Lelia
‹ 上一主題|下一主題