教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 聖嘉勒入學通知
樓主: hohomami
go

聖嘉勒入學通知 [複製鏈接]

醒目開學勳章 王國長老

21#
發表於 06-6-2 15:31 |只看該作者

Re: 聖嘉勒入學通知

今年interview, 係家長先o係地下會客室填完資料, 然後有老師帶小朋友上去interview(家長唔駛見), 上到課室應有2個小朋友, 有時間俾小朋友一齊玩, 會同小朋友傾下計, 傾下屋企d野呀, 課外活動呀咁, 由於我有交portfolio, 題目會圍繞住入面內容
老師會問簡單加數呀, 簡單認中英文呀咁, 唔係太難既題目
大致黎講, st clare's唔算太難考到, 我舊年去考,一早confirm晒offer, 家長會都開埋, 但睇黎學校5月都仲收緊人   所以唔駛太擔心wor

22#
發表於 06-6-2 16:32 |只看該作者

Dear Charlotte,

Thank you very much for your information.

Have a nice weekend./

23#
發表於 06-6-12 15:08 |只看該作者

Hi Leliawong, Hohomami, Auroraszesze,

I am the new joiner to the BK.  I did register with St Clare's for my daughter last Sat.  Anyone decided to take St. Clare's or still waiting for other school reply.  Hope our daughter will be the classmate in the near future.

PraPra

24#
發表於 06-6-12 15:26 |只看該作者

"新家長請入內看看"
很多事情,錯過了就沒有了;錯過了就是會變的,緣份也是。人與人之所以能夠成為朋友,成為知己,在於彼此交往的機會多,及彼此的交流坦誠.願主祝福你們!TRACY

25#
發表於 06-6-12 16:47 |只看該作者

Tracy,
Good to know we both selected St. Clare's for our daughters.  Do you know the learning standard of the school.  Is it very tough??

26#
發表於 06-6-13 00:18 |只看該作者

Dear PraPra,

Welcome to B.K.! I'm both actually - i.e. registered at St. Clare's and also fighting at this final stage ("knocking door" stage) which I'm quite reluctant to go on as I'm already exhausted. But I know I'll struggle until the last minute then I won't regret!

To us, we're sure that St. Clare's is a very good school for our daughter. We've absolutely no doubt about the school's academic achievement in the recent years, especially when Mrs. Alice Wong, the Principal is in charge of the school who encourages her staff and the girls so much to focus on English and morality. Sure it is a good start for our daughter and other new girls.

Cheers, Lelia   

醒目開學勳章 王國長老

27#
發表於 06-6-13 09:24 |只看該作者

me too! 有時真係覺得自己仲叩門, 做咁多分分鐘得個桔! 但....努力埋呢個零月啦! 我咪重勁, 舊年10月開始叩門(因為直資waitlist), 叩到而家.....
其實st clare's已經係一個唔錯既選擇黎既

28#
發表於 06-6-13 12:05 |只看該作者

多年前St Clare's是一間很好的学校,但近年資料不多,而我的朋友圏中也没有小朋友讀此校,但我和先生都想信它是一所好学校。由其是新校長Mrs. Alice Wong到任後已有明顯的改革e,g.對外open了好多,去年又建立了家長教師會,使家長有多些机會參興及了解学校的情況。

有没有家長的小明朋友現就讀St Clare's?是否功課很多及毎星期都有中英文默書,毎学期都有兩次測驗及一次考試。在同区,它是否一間Band 1 学校。

29#
發表於 06-6-14 01:46 |只看該作者

Dear PraPra.

As mentioned in the briefing at St. Clare's on 10/6, they will have both Chinese and English dictations once a week. They have 2 tests and 2 exams per academic year which i think it's a standard one. According to Mrs. Alice Wong, workload is managable as the girls can finish their homework in the prep time before leaving school. Besides, teachers will supervise girls to do their homework if they need assistance.

I don't know anyone who currently studies at St. Clare's but my friend is a Clarian (from kindergarten to F.7). As i mentioned before, the English standard of St. Clare's is undoubtfully high! So, don't worry too much! You may recall that I'm the one who gives up True Light (Kln Tong) and picks St. Clare's even though we live in Kln side. My colleague also shared that she will apply St. Clare's for her daughther who will be in K2 in Sep and they live in Sham Tseng.

Hope the above helps!

Cheers, Lelia

30#
發表於 06-6-14 10:10 |只看該作者

Dear Lelia,

Thanks for your valuable info.  No doubt, St Clare's is a good school specially its English Standard is higher.  

I know 2 girls who were in the same class as my daughter in K1.  They moved to St Clare's from K2 because it can secure their seats in St Clare's for P1.  

As I know, the standard of K3 in St Clare's is high. Students have simple dictations for both English and Chinese every week in the second academic year.  A good preparation for P1........  

Enjoy our summer & have a new challenge for us and our daughters in the new academic year!!

Cheers /PraPra

31#
發表於 06-6-14 23:05 |只看該作者

Dear Prapra,

Yeah, you're right. Let's enjoy the summer holiday (we're planning our trip to Phuket in end July) and welcome the next academic year at St. Clare's. Hope to meet you sometime in the future!

Cheers, Lelia

32#
發表於 06-6-15 10:22 |只看該作者

Dear Lelia,

Will you accompany your daughter to school on 1 Sept. As my daughter will take the school bus to school, so I haven't decided I will go with her or not.  I want her to be independed, on the other hand, I think I should go with her to encourage her.....

Hope to meet you sometime very soon. Keep in touch!!

Cheers /PraPra

醒目開學勳章 王國長老

33#
發表於 06-6-15 10:41 |只看該作者

我都有唸過呢個問題, 因為我公司好近st clare's, 我有唸過唔搭校巴, 寧願自己早d出門口湊佢返學(平時已經無咩親子時間 :cry: ) 最多返完學去嘆早餐至返工
不過好多人話我知, 其實小學唔同幼稚園, 小學接返學放學, 都只係送到門口就bye bye, 所以我咁奔波都無意思
有無人俾下意見我呀?
我唸我1/9都會去既

34#
發表於 06-6-15 14:50 |只看該作者

For me, I think it is good to go with our daughters on the first day (1/9).  But my daughter will take the school bus afterward.  It is too early for us if we bring them to school, I guess they have to arrive school on or before 7:45am everyday, normally our office hour start at 9:00.  If I were you, I might bring my daughter to school for the 1st or 2nd weeks (it is within walking district between your office and St Clare's).

Hope have chance to meet you on Sept.

Cheers / PraPra

35#
發表於 06-6-15 21:33 |只看該作者

由於我囡囡係原校直升,所以相信小一的第一天佢都無有怕,因此我會比佢自己坐校車回校.
其實小朋友的適應力比大人強,你們不要擔心,不如等佢放學回家慢慢分享開學心情啦!我的意見係一切由校巴開始,第一天都係跟隨大隊坐校巴吧...
很多事情,錯過了就沒有了;錯過了就是會變的,緣份也是。人與人之所以能夠成為朋友,成為知己,在於彼此交往的機會多,及彼此的交流坦誠.願主祝福你們!TRACY

36#
發表於 06-6-15 23:12 |只看該作者

Dear PraPra and Charlotte_mom,

I'll most probably go with my daughther to St. Clare's on 1/9 and pick her up after school since it's only half day in the first week. Just like what I did when she's in K1. Hope to meet you two on that day.

Cheers, Lelia

37#
發表於 06-6-16 10:44 |只看該作者

I will do the same on 1/9.

See you all on that day.

Cheers /PraPra

38#
發表於 06-6-17 01:10 |只看該作者

Absolutely St. Clares is a very good school.  I have seen girls finish their shool.  They are so cheerful and yet discipline.  VVVV good.  I vote for it.

Charlotte_mom 寫道:
me too! 有時真係覺得自己仲叩門, 做咁多分分鐘得個桔! 但....努力埋呢個零月啦! 我咪重勁, 舊年10月開始叩門(因為直資waitlist), 叩到而家.....
其實st clare's已經係一個唔錯既選擇黎既

39#
發表於 06-6-19 23:35 |只看該作者

Dear martie,

Thanks for your sharing. Not too many postings about St. Clare's here but I'm still able to find out more about the schools from other sources. Same as Charlotte_mom, I do feel that it's kind of meaningless to go on with the extra work for the "knocking door" and delaying some matters such as buying school shoes (white shoes for St. Clare's), uniform and text books, etc. My daughter even told me that she would wants to go to St. Clare's but not our target school. Hence, I treat the "knocking door" stage as completed and will not prepare anymore letters after July. To us, St. Clare's is indeed a very good school for our daughter, and most of all, she loves the school!

40#
發表於 06-10-28 21:30 |只看該作者

Hi Moms,

Wish your daughters all settled down well in the new schools!  I'm experiencing the same headache as you had several months previously, how to select a RIGHT school for my dear daughter.  St. Clare is one of my favorite, and I would be very appreciated to hear more comments from your experienced moms.  How is the school life of your daughters?  Do they enjoy very much in studying?  How many hours for the homeworks daily (I'm scared to hear that the kids need to put 2-3 hours for the homeworks daily for some famous schools)?  Are the teachers kind and good?  Are they 活動式教學或傳統式教學?What curriculars are using English to teach?  What about extra-curriculars?  All the aspects of information are useful for me.

If you finally gave up St. Clares, I'm also interest to know which school you finally choose for your daughter, and how is it?

Thanks for your sharing.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題