用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 GT School - not a through-train school?
發新帖
查看: 1448|回覆: 3
go

GT School - not a through-train school? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 06-5-23 11:01 |只看該作者

Re: GT School - not a through-train school?

As long as the G6 student meet the academic (passes in Chinese & Math, 70/100 or above in English) and conduct (B or above) requirements , he/she will go straight to G7.

Pudding 寫道:
Like many of you in BK, I admire the school’s education approach and vision.  But I recently heard that GT is not a “through-train” school exactly – only about 50% of its primary students can get seat in the secondary section.  The other 50% - with lower marks in exams – will have to find other secondary schools.  If what I heard is true, then it will be difficult for those unlucky 50% to find other schools as the GT teaching method is understood to be different from traditional schools.  

Can someone have information on this?  Or is it just a rumor?
For the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you or forsake you. (Dt 31:6)

2#
發表於 06-5-23 11:54 |只看該作者

Re: GT School - not a through-train school?

Pudding,

I'm not sure about that.  But one thing I know is some G6 students (disregard of their academic results) may choose some other secondary school instead of GTC.  Some would like to join their elder brothers and sisters, some would like a Christian school... There are indeed many factors that affect the admission percentage of G7.

Thanks for your compliment on my diary.  I really would like to write more but have been too busy these days.  Will try my best to keep it up.

Pudding 寫道:
Hi gitmee,

Thanks for your quick reply.

This 50% reference was given to me by a GT parent who has kids in both primary and secondary sections.

At its first glance, the criteria appears to be reasonable and not very difficult to attain.  Yet I would like to know in the past about how many percentage of students could really pass that yardstick?  Do you have any idea?

(BTW, I love your 親子日記.  It’s a pleasure to read.)
For the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you or forsake you. (Dt 31:6)
‹ 上一主題|下一主題