何文田victoria收生通知

囡囡昨天收到通知, on the waiting list.
唔知大家有冇收到通知?
anthea
busy mom

2#
發表於 05-11-23 11:43 |只看該作者

Re: 何文田victoria收生通知

It accepts my son for Pm -Chinese/English class, but i won't pay as i have other choices..

3#
發表於 05-11-23 12:34 |只看該作者

monmantang,
Will you inform the school of your rejection?
anthea
busy mom

4#
發表於 05-11-23 13:14 |只看該作者

if i will not pay the registeration fee, Victoria won't leave me the seat.

Is it your 1st choice?

5#
發表於 05-11-23 16:30 |只看該作者

monmantang

when is the registration deadline? I just want to follow up with the school afterwards.

I think your son had performed smartly in the interview, as there are just a few no. of seats available.

My 1st choice is St. Cat, waiting for result....
Victoria is my 2nd choice.

anthea
busy mom

6#
發表於 05-11-23 16:38 |只看該作者

anthea,

SC is my 1st choice too.
2nd choice is Keen Mind..
since i am living in TKO, the school bus of Victoria won't drop to my estate, which i have to take the mini bus to the pick up point and join. So it is so inconventient. Also, it cut the school time if you are travelling by the school bus, for example, the offical school hour is 1:00 to 4:00, but it will ask the kids to go into the bus around 3:35.  
Also, comparing with other kindergartens in KLN tong, it is more commercial, and afraid it is too "happy school" which cannot catch up the local primary schools very well.
the deadline is 12/3. You will have chance after a lot of moms didn't pay the $$.

7#
發表於 05-11-23 17:09 |只看該作者

monmantang

Thanks!
Actually I also find it very inconvenient to get to the school, and if they cut down the school hours for students by school bus, it's quite inappropriate, I should consider this seriously.

So you've got a seat in KEEN MING alreadly, congratulation! It's also a school with so many competitors!

anthea
busy mom

8#
發表於 05-11-23 17:18 |只看該作者

我個囡都收左pm International class, 咩好少位咋!唔知喎!但想轉去 am class, 但又好似am 無international, 好煩!

但我有唔少同事d細路讀victoria (HK side) 之後考到DGS, 瑪利曼, 玫瑰崗, St. Clares, 港大同學會等, 又唔見佢地話d細路catch up 唔到喎!

我個囡keenmind後備咋......唉!

9#
發表於 05-11-23 17:32 |只看該作者

meowross,

very difficult to change to am class, as they have pre-nusery students waiting for am class in K1, for victoria, they will consider their own pre-nursery students first, so it's quite difficult for outsider to admit.
I chose english/cantonese class and now is waiting.

anthea
busy mom

10#
發表於 05-11-23 18:12 |只看該作者

Dear Anthea,

yes, I think it's not worth paying $ 3300 x 12 installment for ony 2.1/2 hours school time, and also there will be 15 mins for tea time. Therefore, actually kids can learn about 2 hours.
but anyway, SC is our 1st choices, hope we can chat in 06 SC topics.. .
Re Keen Mind- do you have any ideas about this?

由 AntheaLin 於 2005-11-23 17:09:45monmantang

Thanks!
Actually I also find it very inconvenient to get to the school, and if they cut down the school hours for students by school bus, it's quite inappropriate, I should consider this seriously.

So you've got a seat in KEEN MING alreadly, congratulation! It's also a school with so many competitors!

anthea

11#
發表於 05-11-23 18:16 |只看該作者

meowross,
I know Victoria is famous in HK side. But i am afraid it may not get any relationship with Kln primary schools, therefore...

also, i know the curriculum of Victoria is easier than SC /Kenville, then the kids from SC /Kenville can catch up primary schools easier. As there are no SC/Kenville in Hong Kong side, instead there are
a lot of branches of Victoria in Hong Kong side, it is no surprise that the famous primary schools will accept the graduates from Victoria ( over 800 students per year totally).

[quote]由 meowross 於 2005-11-23
我個囡都收左pm International class, 咩好少位咋!唔知喎!但想轉去 am class, 但又好似am 無international, 好煩!

但我有唔少同事d細路讀victoria (HK side) 之後考到DGS, 瑪利曼, 玫瑰崗, St. Clares, 港大同學會等, 又唔見佢地話d細路catch up 唔到喎!

我個囡keenmind後備咋......唉!
17:18:52/quote]

12#
發表於 05-11-23 20:03 |只看該作者

monmantong, DGS is also located in Kowloon side wow..........most of my friends children who studied in V also enrolled to DSG wow........

btw, I note from their admission form that K3 will change either to full day or "extended hours"....thats means how much is the school fee?

and KM also @$3300 wow, the same la!

13#
發表於 05-11-23 20:41 |只看該作者

Meowross ,

I called Victoria Ho Man Tin today, the lady said the extended class is not yet ready in Ho Man Tin, but i think for 2-3 years later, it should have this class.
However, to me, both the school bus info and the extended class are uncertain, it is really difficult for me to take this.

Re DGS- i didn't say none of the Primary schools in Kln side would accept Victoria's students. But according to their academic level, it is much easier than the SC/Kenville, so that someone said Victoria is happy school .
I don't know how much  the extended class charges.
I think selecting the schools is reallly depends on the parents' expectation.  

14#
發表於 05-11-23 20:59 |只看該作者

Thanks monmantong, I agree with u the school bus arrangement is also a big issue to me........see if we could get some insiders' information on this!

for the extended class, I guess it may around $5xxx cos 1/2 already cost $3xxx, wow, quite expensive, another concern.....

15#
發表於 05-11-23 21:05 |只看該作者

meowross,

what is your 1st target? i think you need not worry as your girl is big girl, she has a lot of choices, like St.Rose, Heep Yan.. For my boy, there are less choics for boys.. , for the cheaper cost, but good kindergartens & primary schools..

16#
發表於 05-11-23 21:12 |只看該作者

meowross,

one more thing, before , i thought to locate a private bus from TKo to Ho Man Tin Victoria, and the cost is cheaper, like $ 800. however, sometimes when i am in a bus, i see the private mini van is very dangerous, very small, only 12 -14 children inside, but there is no seat belt.
also, remember there is the  long escalator in the mall, then how can the child go upstars without assistance? as i know there is no pick up service from Victora teacher if you take the mini bus.
so it is the point to be considered.

17#
發表於 05-11-23 22:26 |只看該作者

monmantong, I also noticed this on the interview day and raise the same point to my hubby, and we think our girl should be carried by the maid to school............

I recall in my old days I also took a school bus to school, those "big travel" school bus, also no seat belts.......and SC is using these kind of school bus!

18#
發表於 05-11-23 22:41 |只看該作者

Meowross,

I didn't see the big bus of SC. I think the school bus under the school's control is better. what i mean the " Bo Mo " van is more dangerous, it is a kind of yellow mini van, the seats are not horizontially placed, some are vertically placed, and some are horizontially placed.

now i have finished all the interviews for my son, hope i can get a seat of SC asap, then i can sleep sweatly every night.

19#
發表於 05-11-24 14:56 |只看該作者

momantong,

me 2, waiting for SC..........
so KM is yr 2nd choice?

20#
發表於 05-11-24 17:31 |只看該作者

monmantang

I know keen ming's pricipal worked as principal of 喇沙小學 in the past, so everyone believe that KM should be good. The school has 5 years' history. Actually I know a little about KM.

meowross

Victoria is a happy school, I have 2 friends' boys just graduated from Victoria, both of them are happy with the school. Chinese and English Standards are good at all, seldom have homework. However, one of the boys went to north point 滬江小學, find it very difficult to handle the homework for P1.

anthea
busy mom
‹ 上一主題|下一主題