教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 YORK見親都收?
發新帖
查看: 11666|回覆: 11
go

YORK見親都收? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 05-10-20 20:06 |顯示全部帖子

Re: YORK見親都收?

Basically, I accept the comment that 'York accepts all applicants'.  

It is because York is the 1st Kowloon Tong school accepting applications.  

Those apply York will certainly apply Kent/St. Cat afterwards.  These two schools accept even larger number than York.  If Kent/St. Cat accept your kids, one will certainly abandon York's offer.  Due to so low birth rate these years, I suppose York is difficult to fill up all their vacancies.  

This may be their tactics to earn more retention fees.

My daughter has been studying in York since Pre-N this January.  My overall impression is that York is quite good.  

Their curriculum can not be regarded as 'easy'.  My daughter, who is only in K1,  has to learn 'writing' this November!

What I like most is that they have many extra-curriculum activities.  These activities may require much parental input, which will certainly annoy some parents, but Kids definitely like.  My daughter loves going school.  

I also like the school because they also don't pressurize my daughter.  

I have to admit that the school have more cost carrying items than Kent.  These cost carrying items includes extra 'readers'  & 'interest courses'.  But I suppose these cost items are not meaningless.  They serve to build up your Kids' strength!  

What I have in mind is that if you do not know/have your own plan to train up your kids for their primary studies, York can certainly help.  The extra 'readers' & 'interest courses' or Cambridge English Course/K2 will build up core strength of your kids to compete for a good primary school in the future.  

May be I don't have the suitable skills or knowledge to train up my kids, I accept York very comfortably.  I suppose If my kid is now studying in Kent/St. Cat/St. Rose/St. Paul, I have to input much more.  

If no other tier 1 schools accept your Kids, stay with them for 3 years is not a bad choice.  

Don't worry.

2#
發表於 05-10-21 11:06 |顯示全部帖子

[quote]
5354 寫道:

學校好唔好因應家長要求,以我教york時經驗,叻

3#
發表於 05-10-21 11:49 |顯示全部帖子

yoko1 寫道:
有小朋友已讀york的媽咪:
我小朋友已被york收,但我仲念緊,還是報牛津道啟思........
我想問york的英文科及普通話科是否每天都有堂...
還是每星期只有1堂,因我姪仔及姪女都是讀啟思,我知佢地
每星期有1日,全日都有英文老師跟他們一齊...

咁妳諗セ鬼, 先報埋啓思, 佢收妳先至consider which is the better choice.  我諗啓思都會收妳个Kid.  

我sister个女以前study in 啓思, 我同佢嘅感覺都係課程較淺.  但都係好學校.

但我會prefer York 多D.

My kid has English class daily and Putonghua twice weekly in K1.  The school informed me that she is going to lern 'writing' this Novmber.  I trust this scheduce should be quite 'tough' for a 'small' kid.  

Alan

4#
發表於 05-10-21 11:59 |顯示全部帖子

kachunma 寫道:
yoko1
每天都有英文堂的,每天半小時,普通話班就一星期一堂,我舊年面試了6間幼稚園,有3間收,最後選左讀york!

Kachunma,
Your kid is good.  At least 3 schools admitted him.
Rosaline attempted altogether 5 schools (inslcuding York) last year but only York admitted her.  

I take the offer of York for a seat in their Pre-N this January in order to test if it is a good school for Rosaline.  

The 6-month trial confirms that the school is a good one.  Thus I'm now very comfortable is letting Rosaline stay there for another 3 years.  

Hope Ka-Chun as well as Rosaline can have a happy child-hood there.  

By the way, I find Rosaline can now occasionally sing Putonghua songs, hows Ka-Chun?

Alan

5#
發表於 05-10-22 13:15 |顯示全部帖子

yoko1 寫道:
Alanhoky .kachunma
因我支出有限,所以不想浪費金錢....給留名費..........
如果到最後啟思/york都收我個仔的話.我都是選........
york  
我想有人支持我姐........
因我姑奶話啟思好.  攪到我心大心細

咁我一定支持妳.

妳个Kid係咪大仔大女呀?
佢地January有 Pre-Nursery class比大仔/女讀.
有机會咪比仔女試半年lu!
我个女last year  讀, 共15 students, 14 个 留低York 升K1, 1个聽講吾啱taste, 轉左去Kent!

Kent 又吾收我个女, 無得諗轉吾轉!

Alan

6#
發表於 05-10-23 10:47 |顯示全部帖子

yoko1 寫道:
我個仔8月出世,我昨晚我mame說:佢的朋友說york間非常
差....我本打算今日去報啟思,但今早我老公話:個仔york已收,可需再去啟思見,好不好是小朋友的資質   
所以我打消念頭........

Sorry, no Chinese input at hime.

I aware that many people 'bad-mouth' York.  At the beginning, I also by myself have not much confidence on them.  

But due to limitation of choice (Rosaline was only admitted by YMCA Int'l & York), we sent Rosaline to York's Pre-N last year to have a trial.  The result was upto my satisfaction, thus we decide to remain my daughter there for another 3 years.

Your kid is a small one, that means that he/she can't go to their Pre-N.  

I have to say that the standard of York is relatively high, though they never pressurize your kid, if you want your kid to follow their standard closely, I believe you have to send your kid to some Pre-N courses/playgroups.  

I believe your husband's thinking is wrong.  It is not the 'talent' of your kid that make the differences.  It is the parent's input that make your kid better than the others.  

I found the famous schools never focus on your kid, they focus on the parents.  During the interviews, they have tests to check if the parents can assist in devloping the kids.  

With your husband's thinking (he is not wrong,  but does not fit requirements!) your family will be under high pressure should you kid be admitted to some tier 1 kidergardents such as Kent & SC etc.  

Last year, when I found all the other 4 schools wwhich included Ken/SC/SRK/SPK did not accept Rosaline, I was very frustrated.  Now, what I am in mind is that 'we're lucky!'  Because I depend much on the kindergarten to develop my kid but these schools, in turn, don't want us to relie on them!

York is different.  The parents' meeting yesterday reinforce my thinking.  

They have a set of programs to develop/equip your kids for the primary studies.  If you have no idea regarding how to do so, follow their program, sit back & relax.  

The most common 'bad mouth' regarding York is their 'cost items'.  But these 'cost items' are part of their programs.  These 'cost items' are to replace the extra-curriculum activities (eca) that parents usually subscribe for their kids.  If you have no idea what kind of (eca) for your kids, then follow them.  Rosaline is used to have daily (eca).  She is going to abandon some and to take the (eca) offered by the school now.  

Finally,if SC/Kent admit your kid and you do know how to do so, then these schools are good choice also, because the other parents will admire you/your kids which make you happy!  If not, let York do the rest.  

No matter what your kid will do next year, hope he/she can have a happy child-hood.

But remember to input much more in developing your kids for his/her future.

Alan

7#
發表於 05-10-24 09:39 |顯示全部帖子

5354 寫道:

Alanhoky
你bb join咩activity?? 有無join體操??我friend話好正~~小小小年紀直係打到前手翻...好想睇~~

Rosaline is used to have the follwoing activities:-
1. KUMON for weekly 3 days
2. Ballet weekly 1 day
3. Bear Choir weekly 1 day
4. Phonics weekly 1 day
5. Drawing weekly 1 day
6. Cooking weekly 1 days
7. Piano weekly 1 day
We doubt it is too busy for her.  Thus, she has recently cut drawing and then shift to York's drawing class.  I find the drawing class is better than our existing one.  Her mami wants her to cut phonics & cooking also.  We are also considering to cut the piano class and join York's music class.  What's your opinion? We prefer Ballet to Gym that's why we have no intention to join York's Gym.  

Let's adopt an open mind and continue to talk.  Others' input can help us to refine our thinking.  What we have in mind is the same i.e give our children the best under the restricted environment & limited resources.

By the way, do you mean s. heart as Sacred Heart?  The one in Robinson Road?  If yes, I don't prefer it.  We also took an application form last year but finally abandon it because of its bad environment and inconvenient transportation.  Besides, I aware that the am/pm sections of their primary school are under seperate administration.  The AM section is known far more better than the PM section.  

Alan

8#
發表於 05-10-24 12:31 |顯示全部帖子

yoko1 寫道:
Alanhoky:
你個女返學情況如何.可否說說.......
學校老師對小孩太度如何.......

其实 York 係勁commercialized, D小朋友和家長係佢地客户, 老師係customer service officers, 又驚無生意, 又驚比人投訢, 所以態度好好.  Frankly speaking, D 老師其实好有愛心.

Rosaline 每日有中英文課, weekly 两次Putonghua, 勁多唱遊.  好似好开心.

最开心係月月有主題.  月初fashion show 行cat walk巳经开心个几week, 月尾又有Halloween party, 两母女又有得発揮.  

27 号 又話交換玩具, 下个月頭UNICEF又筹款, 月尾又公益金賣flags, 亲子activities一浪接一浪.  

平時又有兴趣班.  边有日free.  正一睇notice都未睇得切.  
心諗同个女咁樣玩几年, 真係不枉此生.  如果咁樣都教吾叻个女, 真係無話可說, 吾關人事.  要睇下相前世係咪做得bad事多, 个女係来討債.

Alan

9#
發表於 05-10-27 09:30 |顯示全部帖子

yoko1 寫道:
Alanhoky:
今日我交了留名費了...........
我亦不會想其他幼稚園了了了了了
考望YORK不會令我失望

妳祈望吾好咁高, 麻吾會失望lu!
但係點解吾去in其它kindies?
增加妳或者BB嘅exposures都好吖!

send BB 去一D Pre-N courses啦!
有用架!

10#
發表於 05-10-28 10:53 |顯示全部帖子

yoko1 寫道:
Alanhoky
我怕見左其他幼稚園都收左...
就麻煩啦
我都有報名培正及礸石山靈糧堂

多个選擇啫!

培正&靈糧堂both are good schools.

But their style 吾同York架wor?

11#
發表於 05-11-14 17:52 |顯示全部帖子

kling1120 寫道:
Hi Alanhoky /all mama

下个月頭UNICEF又筹款, 月尾又公益金賣flags, 亲子activities一浪接一浪.

I want to know if the dontaion activities,  Have any target = money$$$ need to 筹款 ? I am afriad some $$$ need to donate each year ?

Alan : the 'donation activities' are on voluntary basis; the school encourage you to participate but there is no pressure; you need not to be afraid of, besides, you have no need to enter into all

another question :

the interview letter said that need 2 parent to interview,If only one parent to interaview,I s it the collect chance is  " 0"  ?????

Alan : no; one parent is to accompany the kid for the interview purpose and the other is to listen to the speech of the principle reviewing you their education philosophy; the latter part is not so meaningful as these can be learnt from other source; by the way, I suppsoe they are a private school which requires school fees to run; definitely they will try their best to fill up their quota; my daughter interviewed 5 kindies last year while only York admitted her; thus pls be relax

12#
發表於 05-11-15 10:31 |顯示全部帖子

kling1120 寫道:
Hi Alanhoky / all mama

Last week I go to kln tong interview another Kingdergarten  &  see have 1所   密宗修養所, 1所彿修養所   around this area related "York " & "St Nicolars " ,I smell some燒 香火的味道, I feel so sad, due to I will go  to interview to these two kingdergartens ,  I consider if my child will be study in here, the air stardard is no so good for health. Do you know the 燒 香火的味道 is it in all full day time ???????

I have visited the school premises several times and have no such experience.  

Pls do take this point in your consideration as it may harm your kid's health.

‹ 上一主題|下一主題