搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 YORK見親都收?
查看: 11645|回覆: 134
go

YORK見親都收? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 05-10-20 15:20 |只看該作者

YORK見親都收?

我上週六同個女去interview, 昨日收到信話收, 之後發現身邊的朋友全部都收到下個星期交留位費之通知, 但亦有朋友未收到信去in, 未見哂全部D人就可決定收人, 是否見親都收?  真不太明白!

醒目開學勳章

2#
發表於 05-10-20 15:23 |只看該作者

Re: YORK見親都收?

我覺得係。前年小兒九月尾轉校,去apply都是即in即收,我想它開很多班所以有很多位。

3#
發表於 05-10-20 15:32 |只看該作者

好似話係
以我上年見我識得又有去in既都o.k. :wink:
可能佢開好多班呢∼∼

4#
發表於 05-10-20 16:16 |只看該作者

我都發覺好似有得int都收..咁大家就唔使咁緊張,可以慢慢揀, 可能出生率低呀

suor

5#
發表於 05-10-20 17:07 |只看該作者

約克會唔會又會超額收生啊, 往年佢都係因為超額收學生俾人投訴的好厲害,真係好頭痛唷, 到底約克好唔好啊
你們要將一切的憂慮卸給神,因為他顧念你們。 (彼得前書5:7)

6#
發表於 05-10-20 17:13 |只看該作者

既然係人都收, 質素有幾高可以想像啦!

7#
發表於 05-10-20 17:24 |只看該作者

我未收到信去in, 會唔會收晒大仔, 有位先收細仔?
知足知不足, 有為有不為

8#
發表於 05-10-20 17:30 |只看該作者

Though York is not my target, i think it is a bit unfair to say so. As now the birth rate is low and the competition between KLn TOng schools are so big, York will accept the kids for 1st round to ensure their capacity as some of the kids finally will not study there if York knows Kenville/St.cat or other their target schools accept them.

既然係人都收, 質素有幾高可以想像啦!

9#
發表於 05-10-20 18:22 |只看該作者

My friend's daughter is a small girl. Actually, she planned to apply the kindergarten this year. However, last summer holiday, she changed her mind. She applied York in August. At that moment, my friend's daughter could not present herself well. However, after the interview, the school accepted her application within two days. Thus, I think that it is not difficult to enter this knidergarten.

10#
發表於 05-10-20 18:59 |只看該作者

我朋友之前係入面做過助教,佢話除左英文深之外,其他課都好淺,同埋成日會叫家長買野,老師流失量好高,佢八月新入去做時,有六,七個老師都係新黎,到佢今個月走時都有四,五個人走~~同埋佢話佢教上午班,一班有32人有兩個老師,佢話都有少少超額,不過佢話佢d英文真係好深,同埋d老師每星期都要開一次英文會議,捉d音捉得好緊~~
眾裡尋他千百度,驀然回首,那人卻在燈火闌珊處!!我的Blog

11#
發表於 05-10-20 20:06 |只看該作者

Basically, I accept the comment that 'York accepts all applicants'.  

It is because York is the 1st Kowloon Tong school accepting applications.  

Those apply York will certainly apply Kent/St. Cat afterwards.  These two schools accept even larger number than York.  If Kent/St. Cat accept your kids, one will certainly abandon York's offer.  Due to so low birth rate these years, I suppose York is difficult to fill up all their vacancies.  

This may be their tactics to earn more retention fees.

My daughter has been studying in York since Pre-N this January.  My overall impression is that York is quite good.  

Their curriculum can not be regarded as 'easy'.  My daughter, who is only in K1,  has to learn 'writing' this November!

What I like most is that they have many extra-curriculum activities.  These activities may require much parental input, which will certainly annoy some parents, but Kids definitely like.  My daughter loves going school.  

I also like the school because they also don't pressurize my daughter.  

I have to admit that the school have more cost carrying items than Kent.  These cost carrying items includes extra 'readers'  & 'interest courses'.  But I suppose these cost items are not meaningless.  They serve to build up your Kids' strength!  

What I have in mind is that if you do not know/have your own plan to train up your kids for their primary studies, York can certainly help.  The extra 'readers' & 'interest courses' or Cambridge English Course/K2 will build up core strength of your kids to compete for a good primary school in the future.  

May be I don't have the suitable skills or knowledge to train up my kids, I accept York very comfortably.  I suppose If my kid is now studying in Kent/St. Cat/St. Rose/St. Paul, I have to input much more.  

If no other tier 1 schools accept your Kids, stay with them for 3 years is not a bad choice.  

Don't worry.

12#
發表於 05-10-20 21:21 |只看該作者

Wingmum
你有什麼理句咁講呀?你讀過這間幼稚園咩?我路過見到這個topice,真唔抵得D人,點解要中傷人地間幼稚園,你有何居心呀?我仔正正是這校的學生,對於學校的事,身為家長的我,我好清楚,學校D老師我覺得好好,對小朋友好有愛心,教學又有心機,好盡力,人地有無努力去教,我地家長知架,我仔由開學至現在,睇住佢進步,我真好開心,真要謝謝這校老師的教導,而班亦無超收,我仔班只有20人,即1:10,咁叫超收?其他班最多只有22-24人,咁又叫超收?你們唔知就唔好亂講啦!

Wingmum 寫道:
既然係人都收, 質素有幾高可以想像啦!

13#
發表於 05-10-20 21:42 |只看該作者

我都覺此校是這樣.我有朋友兒子去年考好多間都唔收,最後去此校,第二日即通知收左..

14#
發表於 05-10-20 22:59 |只看該作者

我覺得作為一個家長,為兒女選擇學校,不是只睇學校是否人人都收的,咁講對幼稚園好唔公平,亦對我們家長亦好唔公平,有點侮辱,人人都收,就不是一所好幼稚園嗎?我應為選擇學校是要睇學校的教學理唸,校舍,口碑...等等,

15#
發表於 05-10-20 23:57 |只看該作者

我姪女現在都係YORK讀緊,您O地咁講係好唔公平的。收到您O地小朋友,您O地就話"YORK見親都收?",如唔收您O地小朋友,您O地就話"有冇搞錯"。其實YORK唔差的,老師好細心,而且學校好注重英文方面的教育,每個小朋友都在劍橋試上取得好成績的,您O地如果不滿意YORK,為何又APPLY呢?

另我姪女個班只有20人,有2個teachers,因此不是超收的,其實根德園同St. Cat. 都有超收,又唔見您o地講?您
o地選學校前,應該先去已在這些學校讀的過或讀緊的topic先了解才發放news,否則就誤導其他人。  

16#
發表於 05-10-21 00:12 |只看該作者

Hi all mom,

我囝囝都係這校的學生,關於您們說"YORK見親都收?",其實好對YORK唔FAIR 呀﹗因現階段 YORK 及 迦南都係在這個時間interview的,比其他學校早interview的,所以當然是先拔頭籌啦﹗如您們有apply迦南,而迦南都收您們,您們又會講迦南見親都收。其實屋村或政府的學校都可能係好容易收生的,分分鐘今天見完,便可知result 的。

另YORK是沒有超收學生,我囝囝個班大約有20人左右,有2位 TEACHER,另學校好重視ENG.的,另有課外活動可自由參與的,Teacher又細心及有愛心,而且好take care D 學生的,佢地教得幾好,每個小朋友都訓練得好有規矩,而且有禮貌。所以我都無後悔選擇YORK。   

17#
發表於 05-10-21 09:24 |只看該作者

I would support that kindergartens should accept all kids who do not have special needs/behavioral problems. During the 30-min admission interview of  kindergartens, I doubt whether the teachers could evaluate the intellectual ability and the character of the kids accurately. I think the purpose of the interview is just to ensure the kids do not have serious disability or do not require special care.  It doesn't mean anything indeed even if the kids could not say his name correctly, or respond inaccurately to the teacher's questions.  Sooner or later the kids when developed to that stage would be able to achieve those tasks. It is unfair to evaluate the "quality" or "ability" of the kids by the simple interview, and hence the teaching quality of the school.

18#
發表於 05-10-21 09:52 |只看該作者

Agree. If the kids can perform perfectly and know all the knowledge, they will not apply Kindergartens, they should apply " University".

I would support that kindergartens should accept all kids who do not have special needs/behavioral problems. During the 30-min admission interview of kindergartens, I doubt whether the teachers could evaluate the intellectual ability and the character of the kids accurately. I think the purpose of the interview is just to ensure the kids do not have serious disability or do not require special care. It doesn't mean anything indeed even if the kids could not say his name correctly, or respond inaccurately to the teacher's questions. Sooner or later the kids when developed to that stage would be able to achieve those tasks. It is unfair to evaluate the "quality" or "ability" of the kids by the simple interview, and hence the teaching quality of the school.

19#
發表於 05-10-21 10:10 |只看該作者

其實就算YORK真係所有INTERVIEW過既小朋友都收,亦唔代表此校是不好的學校.
已我所知,此校英文程度真的不錯,比其他好多學校要好.反而家長應留意既係,小朋友本身"資質"可以應付嗎?學校方面,可能因為某些商業因素關係,真的是不會揀選學生而去收生的,所以過往很多INTERVIEW過既小朋友,都全被取錄.家長們,不要被此主題誤導大家,以為此校是不好的學校.
此校家長們,亦不用為此問題而生氣,我亦明白若有人對自己子女所就讀既學校有不好評價既心情..
ARGUSMUM

20#
發表於 05-10-21 10:24 |只看該作者

唔駛激...YORK見親都收?-----現階段大部份係.........你
‹ 上一主題|下一主題