教育王國 討論區 國際學校 想請教有關 CDNIS 插班
發新帖
查看: 4218|回覆: 12
go

想請教有關 CDNIS 插班 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 17-3-17 13:40 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
幫朋友代問(因她沒有 EK account):

- 小朋友 在正讀 local school 3年級,她希望可以在 Gr 6 或 Gr 7 考入 IS,CDNIS 是她的首選.

- 知道考入 CDNIS 是非常不易容,而且考到也未必即時有位,所以她想知道,一般插班情況下要提早幾多年級申請?如希望 Gr. 6 / 7 入讀,是不是小四開始申請?

- captial levy 或 debenture 是不是可選其一?
(聽說 debenture 基本上很難買到)

- 插班情況普遍嗎?小朋友容易螎入嗎?就讀中的同學會不會很抗拒插班生?(因以往聽過某些本地女校出現這種情況)

以上是朋友想知道的問題,
希望有家長願意分享經驗。
謝謝~~

1    0    0    0

2#
發表於 17-3-20 11:26 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 elmostoney 於 17-3-20 11:29 編輯

1. As far as I know, this year they have availability in secondary, but primary is completely full.  Applicants who pass the admission test will be admitted, BUT if there are more applicants than available spots, they will rank each applicant.  I do not know of the difficulty level of secondary admission test, but for G4 it is 2.5 hours and G5 is 3 hours. Applicants are expected to write a composition, do a few pieces of reading/comprehension and math word problems.   A good command of written and spoken English is expected.  They will send you a letter confirming your score after the test.  If you pass, you will be put on the waitlist.  Applicants are generally evaluated by the admission test, then prior school reports and teacher's reference.  

2.  I was told by a friend that having a debenture will not help in gaining admission as she did contemplate this possibility.  You can call the admission office to confirm.

3.  Children who join midway doesn't seem to have a problem.  Mine started at G5, BUT my child has always been at IS - so no cultural issues.

4.  You need only to apply in the year which you plan to start.  No need to apply years in advance.  Check the school's website for each academic year's application deadline.

3#
發表於 17-3-22 12:20 |只看該作者
You can choose to pay annual capital levy or buy debenture. A debenture is not a must and does not help admission (according to my understanding). Only existing CDNIS families can buy debenture which transfer is administered by the school.

My daughter joined in G3. Like Elmostoney said, the applicant will sit for a written admission test. The school will then send you a letter informing you your scores at the test. If you pass the test, you'll be put on the waiting list. Since there are quite a lot of expatriate families in the school community, there is student turnover every year due to relocation. Some families also choose to send their kids to boarding schools from G7 onwards, so in general it's probably easier to get in at secondary school level.

As for transition into a new school, my opinion is it largely depends on the kids. At primary school level, CDNIS has programs to help new kids to ease into the school community; not sure about secondary school though. The school has lots of student clubs and after school activities for the kids to join to widen their social circle.

4#
發表於 17-3-24 03:02 |只看該作者
elmostoney 發表於 17-3-20 11:26
1. As far as I know, this year they have availability in secondary, but primary is completely full.  ...

Thanks for the information!

5#
發表於 17-3-24 03:03 |只看該作者
Starrynite 發表於 17-3-22 12:20
You can choose to pay annual capital levy or buy debenture. A debenture is not a must and does not h ...

Thanks! That helps a lot!

6#
發表於 17-3-24 10:58 |只看該作者
would like to know how the grade one is assessed? how long is the test and does it includes written part?   Thanks.

7#
發表於 17-3-24 20:10 |只看該作者
Bunnygirl 發表於 17-3-24 10:58
would like to know how the grade one is assessed? how long is the test and does it includes written  ...

My girl attended interview this year. She was brought into a classroom by 2 teachers. Parents couldn't follow.
She told me she did have to write and draw on a paper. And have to answer some questions too.

8#
發表於 17-3-28 14:46 |只看該作者
Offers were out. My friend just received the offer letter and they are so happy.

9#
發表於 17-3-28 16:35 |只看該作者
markBB 發表於 17-3-28 14:46
Offers were out. My friend just received the offer letter and they are so happy.

May I know which grade ?

10#
發表於 17-3-30 23:06 |只看該作者
Grade 7

11#
發表於 17-4-4 02:22 |只看該作者
回覆 markBB 的帖子

請問你朋友幾時apply ? 等幾耐通知可以interview ? Thx !

12#
發表於 17-4-6 22:50 |只看該作者
Applied in mid Jan before the month end deadline, then attended the 3/23 test and interview. They gave him the offer same day. Very efficient.

13#
發表於 17-4-7 10:16 |只看該作者
Because Grade 7 and above is not full.  Grade 6 and below full already, so there will be a bit of wait for primary.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題