用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 聖士提反書院附屬小學 St Stephen's (Stanley) vs KCS 蘇浙 (local)
發新帖
查看: 4396|回覆: 9
go

St Stephen's (Stanley) vs KCS 蘇浙 (local) [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 16-6-5 00:58 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Hi All,
I'm struggling to choose between the subject primary school for my kid.  Other than school fee is a big difference, could anyone shed some light on their pros and cons?  My feeling is KCS is quite focused on academic but lack of extra-curricular actitvities; whereas SSCPS is more life balanced and kids seem to be more cheerful...  With regards to Putonghua, I believe KCS should be better?  But how about English, would SSCPS be better?  Any other major differences between them?

Thanks a million!!
   2    0    0    0

2#
發表於 16-6-6 11:49 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 Nath 於 16-6-6 11:49 編輯

回覆 vchan1 的帖子

I think your feeling is correct as KCS is more academic driven and not many extra curricular activities. As SSCPS school campus is more spacious (biggest school campus in HK) and lots of after school activities, school life is well-balanced. They use Putonghua for Chinese lesson and one class teacher is Putonghua & the other is NET. Thus, students can use fluent Putonghua & English for communication. But of course Cantonese & English are the mostly used language between classmates Thus, if you don't have much concerned about tuition fee or willing to use $$$ to exchange for a more happy school life, SSCPS is a better choice.

3#
發表於 16-6-6 12:34 |只看該作者
Agree with Nath
If I choose again, I'll put SSCPS to be my 1st choice again because I have experienced.

4#
發表於 16-6-7 00:55 |只看該作者
回覆 Nath 的帖子

Thanks Nath!

5#
發表於 16-6-7 00:58 |只看該作者
回覆 Nath 的帖子

Hi Newpolo,
What do you mean if you choose again and have experienced?  Your kid has studied in both KCS and SSCPS?

Thanks!

6#
發表於 16-6-7 11:19 |只看該作者
My kid in SSCPS but my friends' kids studied in KCS. Both ar good schools! Just share with you a story: My kid had fever and we suggested to apply a sick leave for my kid, but my kid insisted to take medicine and go to school. If it happened in my school life, I probably be very sick and stay at home. All SSCPS kids love their mother school and enjoy their school life (my comparison and observation)

7#
發表於 16-6-7 14:16 |只看該作者
回覆 vchan1 的帖子

You may spend some time to watch this TV series, you may understand more about SSCPS school life:

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v= ... 7blc8R6xRGa61MgNFl0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v= ... 7blc8R6xRGa61MgNFl0[/url]

Enjoy !

8#
發表於 16-6-8 23:12 |只看該作者
Thanks a lot Newpolo!!

Hi Nath, to be honest, I've never thought of SSCPS before due to its location (coz we live in North Point), but after watching that programme on ViuTV last week, I'm now seriously considering it.

By the way, do you know if it's difficult to get enrolled for P.2 or later?

Thanks!

9#
發表於 16-6-10 11:56 |只看該作者
回覆 vchan1 的帖子

They have school bus from NP and travel time should be within 30 mins, you may confirm it with school office. Besides, they accept P2 - P5 application but chance is really depends on how many students left (students may switch to Int'l School or overseas) and school will announce the application date on their website.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題