用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 St Johannes College vs Cannan (Waterloo Road)
樓主: wmbaby
go

St Johannes College vs Cannan (Waterloo Road) [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 16-4-12 21:42 |只看該作者

回覆:timliu 的帖子

SJC確實唔係100%純英文幼稚園, 因為佢唔係國際學校, 但係英文時間係相對地比大多數幼稚園多, 呢點係唔需要懷疑。我平時早上會帶阿囡坐校車, 其間會接觸一d比阿囡大(K1-K3 students) o既同校小朋友, 發覺佢地既英語表達能力普遍都好好。我會認為除左家長們有教自己小朋友英文之外, 學校能夠給予一個好好既平台比小朋友多機會聽同講英文亦都有係好重要。 就算係食茶點, 去厠所既時間, 小朋友都係有機會需要用英文同老師或姐姐溝通, 呢方面係我作為用家覺得SJC做得比較好的地方。另外, NET班主任同本地班主任都分別有試過兩三次打過電話比我太太update下阿囡在校既情況(可以阿囡o係班中算比較細), 而且feel到佢地好有耐性同愛心。唔好既地方係有, 例如課外活動比較少, 同學費比較貴。阿囡當初都好幸運有幾間學校offer, 迦南都係其中一間, 最後決定比阿囡讀SJC, 主因唔係覺得迦南唔好, 而係因為o係interview時感覺上普遍SJC老師既英文水平都好好(包括本地老師), 由排隊到入到校內interview既整個流程比我感覺學校好著重英文(我記得好似冇同老師講過一句廣東話), 同埋老師好有愛心, 加上阿囡又好似好鍾意間學校, 所以揀左SJC。

22#
發表於 16-4-14 10:19 |只看該作者
回覆 wmbaby 的帖子

Our girl got LH  K1 offer, and i like LH more so we switched to LH. LH's language environment is even better I have to say.

23#
發表於 16-4-14 13:00 |只看該作者

回覆:mimi613 的帖子

LH stands for ...

24#
發表於 16-4-14 16:25 |只看該作者

回覆:wmbaby 的帖子

LH, 學之園

25#
發表於 16-4-14 16:49 |只看該作者

引用:我覺得語境方面當然SJC好d。。

原帖由 himhim101010 於 16-04-11 發表
我覺得語境方面當然SJC好d。。
Agree

26#
發表於 16-4-15 13:29 |只看該作者
mimi613 發表於 16-4-12 16:45
Perhaps I can share my thoughts on SJC PN with you.
My girl studied in SJC PN last year, good langua ...
My boy is now studying K1 in SJC, he joined this school since PN. To be honest, PN syllabus is not difficult, I can say it is a bit easy as compared to those of other Kowloon Tong schools, however what I like the most is its English learning environment, except the 中文認字and Mandarian session, remaining sessions are in English. My husband and I are 100% local, English is not good too, and we do not speak English at home at all, but now my boy can speak English in full sentence (sometimes with grammatical mistakes, but I can accept it as he is only 3), most importantly, he's willing to speak in English. What I want is very simple, having an English environment during school time and for Chinese, I can teach him  at home if needed.
As what other people said, English learning environment is the selling point of SJC, this school doesn't emphasize 家校合作,at the same time, very limited 親子homework for PN, and almost none since K1, to a working mum like me, it is good, but I know some parents do not like this. Homework since K1 is a bit harsh, but if you compare it to other non學券school, you will see every non學券school is like this. My boy is in full day class, he now has the concept of doing homework, and he is willing to do it. I only need to monitor his homework during weekend (i mean to explain the question to him), from Mon to Thur, he finished it at school.

Back to the point of making donation, I think the school is not demanding, after the graduation day and variety show, the school would ask if you want to order the DVD (around $1xx ), the only event asking parent and child to make donation is the "Respect Elderly Day" event, but we are allowed to donate items like biscuits, noodles, u can choose to donate money, actually no one bother, last year I donated $100, this year I just donated 2 packs of oatmeal....

I really hope the above information would be useful to parents, whether you will choose this school or not, I do think every schools is doing good in certain area, and having room for improvement in some other area, you can only choose a school which suits u and your family most.

27#
發表於 16-4-15 15:22 |只看該作者

回覆:花師奶2012 的帖子

thx 以上家長既意見,知道多少少SJC. 或者我甘諗,我依家都唔知SJC 黃大仙有冇校車,如果冇就不用諗了,因為我倆返工時間冇咩彈性,平時都係靠阿媽照顧個囡,所以校車我諗要排第一。 迦南我知呢區有車到。

我都有d認同親子功課,如果有得揀我都想skip, 因身邊同事就成日有,佢有時公司忙,又要煮飯又要花時間去呢度,佢有時都覺得無奈同辛苦。

有小學可以有機會直上,或者比迦南吸引李, 但老實直上一定唔係我首選,只不過買個保險,唔知甘諗有冇錯

如果有迦南家長,希望都分享下迦南情況,thx

28#
發表於 16-4-16 11:11 |只看該作者
wmbaby 發表於 16-4-15 15:22
thx 以上家長既意見,知道多少少SJC. 或者我甘諗,我依家都唔知SJC 黃大仙有冇校車,如果冇就不用諗了,因 ...
有黃大仙校車,我仔校車前一個站係黃大仙,我好認同花師奶 及 samuelson,SJC係一間好學校

29#
發表於 16-4-16 15:15 |只看該作者

引用:Quote:wmbaby+發表於+16-4-15+15:22+thx+以

原帖由 smallmei 於 16-04-16 發表
有黃大仙校車,我仔校車前一個站係黃大仙,我好認同花師奶 及 samuelson,SJC係一間好學校 ...
我囡讀緊Sjc pn,在黃大仙站上落車

30#
發表於 16-4-17 13:06 |只看該作者

回覆:St Johannes College vs Cannan (Waterloo Road)

我又有一個問題想問下,讀SJC pn 既小朋友,之前有冇上過英文playgroup 先正式返學?會唔會冇上過,學既時間會比較困難。
點解我甘問,因為剛試上英文playgroup, 個女係冇咩反應,當然我明白咩原因,但會唔會令佢唔開心又唔知。因為佢上廣東話playgroup 係開心d

31#
發表於 16-4-17 18:38 |只看該作者

引用:Quote:lanayan+發表於+16-4-11+23:35+我係S

原帖由 hoalan 於 16-04-12 發表
我仔3年前同你offer 一樣,最後揀了全巴倫迦南,老師有愛心,校車好,學術不淺,多net. 冇後悔。 ...
校車係run得好唔錯

32#
發表於 16-4-20 09:31 |只看該作者
回覆 iloveyeeting 的帖子

我囡囡由pn 讀SJC , 今年K1 ...... 英文真係可以好放心, 明顯進步 ! 我本身是一個LAZY MOM, k1全日班, 功課可在校完成, 活動不是太多, 而且多在星期6, 我不用請假 !  So far, 阿囡都係讀得開心 !

33#
發表於 16-4-23 18:42 |只看該作者
My girl in SJC PN now, very good. No matter local or NET teacher, all highly concern kids and three times  parent day, I most like no 親子功課, donation without push. Less school event, and school admin. is not too systematic.
Compare other school in kln tong, SJC is not high fee.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題