用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 新手媽媽: Tutor, Kingston, PIPS 邊一個會容易入esf ...
樓主: Avis_chu
go

新手媽媽: Tutor, Kingston, PIPS 邊一個會容易入esf [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 15-5-19 13:22 |只看該作者
Avis_chu 發表於 15-5-19 11:54
By the way, i lived in element where is in the middle between kidergatden in TSANG YI and wu kai sha ...
The ESF kindergartens don't go by catchment areas, so you could apply to either Tsing Yi or Wu Kai Sha (but not both) depending on which is more convenient for you.

Which ESF primary school a child applies to is not determined by which ESF kindergarten the child is attending but by his/her residential address, and Elements should fall within Kowloon Junior School's catchment, that means your child's application will be routed to KJS regardless of which kindergarten he/she attends.

22#
發表於 15-5-19 14:09 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 vinvinaa 於 15-5-19 14:13 編輯

回覆 FattyDaddy 的帖子

I see so if an ESF kindergartener gets a really bad sheer number, he/she may not even gets the chance to do the Primary school's interview.  However, if he/she gets a decent number, the chance could be as high as 90% for acceptance?  Does the sheer number works in kindergarten's application as well? Can we apply more than one ESF's kindergarten or we can only apply one and one for WKS or TsingYi?

23#
發表於 15-5-19 14:32 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 FattyDaddy 於 15-5-19 14:36 編輯
vinvinaa 發表於 15-5-19 14:09
if he/she gets a decent number, the chance could be as high as 90% for acceptance? ...

90% is the overall success rate for all ESF kindergarten children.

Even if an ESF kindergarten pupil gets a bad number, he/she is still ahead of all the non-ESF kindergarten children. The random number is only used to prioritize within the same ranking, e.g. an ESF kindergarten child who has number 2000 is way behind another ESF kindergarten child with number 100, but still ahead of a non-ESF kindergarten child with number 10. That is what I mean by prioritizing first by ranking and then by the assigned number.

You cannot apply to more than one ESF kindergarten, so just pick the one which is most convenient. As I said, which ESF kindergarten a child attends does not determine which ESF primary school he/she applies to.

24#
發表於 15-5-19 15:00 |只看該作者
回覆 FattyDaddy 的帖子

Thanks!!

點評

FattyDaddy  You're welcome :)  發表於 15-5-19 16:18

25#
發表於 15-5-19 19:11 |只看該作者
thank you so much FattyDaddy.
I will go to Kingston interview on Thursday, which make me feel hesitated. I definitely want to get into ESF kindergarten, if the school do not have catchment area restriction, I would like to go to Wan Chi one instead. Do you know how many people will apply kindergarten every year and how is the successful rate?

26#
發表於 15-5-19 21:00 |只看該作者

回覆:Avis_chu 的帖子

That's esf hillside. There's only one kindy on island side so competition should be quite keen I would imagine.

27#
發表於 15-5-19 22:22 |只看該作者
wadh0988 發表於 15-5-19 21:00
That's esf hillside. There's only one kindy on island side so competition should be quite keen I wou ...
Having said that, there is only one ESF kindy to feed in ESF primaries on HKI so the ESF primaries will be relatively easier. Moreover ESF kindy is soso.

28#
發表於 15-5-19 23:24 |只看該作者
Avis_chu 發表於 15-5-19 19:11
Do you know how many people will apply kindergarten every year and how is the successful rate? ...
In 2011 ESF Tsing Yi kindergarten received around 500 applications for 180 seats, don't know what the situation is now, I suspect figures vary from school to school and year to year.

29#
發表於 15-5-19 23:51 |只看該作者

回覆:964000 的帖子

Unless 樓主 moves to hk island, living in elements wouldn't lead the kid to island catchment even after attending hillside.

點評

FattyDaddy  Exactly :)  發表於 15-5-20 01:31

30#
發表於 15-5-20 16:45 |只看該作者
thank you so much all your opinion. ESF kindergartens are far away from my home, this is make me feel hesitated how can my daughter take an hour to go to school everyday. May be I will take Kingston option and apply ESF in primary school

點評

FattyDaddy  孟母三遷  發表於 15-5-20 17:28

31#
發表於 15-5-20 22:20 |只看該作者

Kingston puts a string emphasis on chinese. It's pretty much a bilingual school at kindie level. Chinese learning is also rigorous at primary - whereas at esf primary it's rather minimal. Very different schools although both are IB for primaries

32#
發表於 15-5-20 23:38 |只看該作者
With the new tung chung esf kinder and the abolition of cat 1 and cat 2, it will be extremely difficult for non-esf kinder students to enter its primary in your year, unless you pay the nomination rights of $500k (but god knows if this will increase or if the plan will change at all, or there will be a long queue).

So if esf primary is your target, you should target its esf kinder. Perhaps you get in kingston first and try esf K1. Of course, it depneds on how you view the $100k (but many parents are willing to pay for the back up)

33#
發表於 15-5-21 12:15 |只看該作者
回覆 Avis_chu 的帖子

Then nomination right for ESF primary school is one of the best solution!

34#
發表於 15-5-21 14:07 |只看該作者
回覆 wadh0988 的帖子

謝謝你的意見,咁你係唔係覺得如果想上ESF 小學,應該入番ESF 幼稚園會好一點?另外,KINGSTON 你有沒有什麼意見,我看好多分享都係話佢BILINGUAL 好,但係好似沒有其他優點
我剛剛去完INTERVIEW 覺得KINGSTON 沒有TUTOR TIME 咁大同咁新

35#
發表於 15-5-21 14:14 |只看該作者
回覆 21Ckid 的帖子

我都明白,我想請教下,TT 同KINGSTON 你們會揀邊間做BACKUP?
我都會在K1 試下ESF,只係三間ESF 都太遠,所以老公又想讀得近一點,我都問下ESF 會唔會提供校巴?我們女要下年先可以報到ESF,我擔心到時又再難入或者有改變

36#
發表於 15-5-21 14:22 |只看該作者

引用:回覆+21Ckid+的帖子 我都明白,我想請教下

原帖由 Avis_chu 於 15-05-21 發表
回覆 21Ckid 的帖子

如果你明年打算走,我就不會報kingston, 因為10萬只為playgroup/ nursery好吾抵

37#
發表於 15-5-21 15:09 |只看該作者
Avis_chu 發表於 15-5-21 14:14
回覆 21Ckid 的帖子

What i mean by back up is that Kingston has a primary school (also secondary school but far away) which is through train, so that if you do not get into your "dream school" you still have a back up. Beside, Kingston primary is quite good indeed (though the campus is too small). Don't know much about the affiliated secondary school, ICHK, though. TT doesn't have a primary school.

ESF has school bus. You can call their admission office to ask before you make any decision. (but i believe there should be school bus running from elements to esf tsing yi, also, taking the mtr should be ok for a 3 year old kid with youself or the maid. Both kingston and TT are not close either.

Taking out sibling, i heard there were about 400 competing for 100 places for esf tsing yi. So, not easy. If you continue with TT, then if you fail to get in esf tsing yi, you can try at esf primary by buying the nomination rights (if it is still there at the time but god knows if they would raise the cost from $500k to whatever sum), otherwise chance is slim.

If you choose kingston, then you may forgo the $100k if you suceed in getting into esf tsing yi.

Not an easy choice, but if money is not too big a concern, you should choose kingston, given it is really quite a good school.

38#
發表於 15-5-21 15:12 |只看該作者

If you target esf it doesn't really matter which PG you go to as long as your kid has a reasonably good command of English. Barring any change in esf admission policy try to get in esf kindie gives you a fairly high chance to primary. Otherwise it all boils down to luck.

Kingston is a good backup if money is not an issue. Class size is small.  Vs big primary in esf. It's one of the feeder schools to ICHK. So quasi through train.

39#
發表於 15-5-21 23:26 |只看該作者
Avis_chu 發表於 15-5-21 14:14
我都問下ESF 會唔會提供校巴?
Yes they do, there were children living as far away as Tuen Mun and Tung Chung attending ESF Tsing Yi kindergarten.

Obviously with the opening of a new ESF kindergarten in Tung Chung next year, children living on Lantau Island will be applying to the new kindergarten instead of Tsing Yi, which should make Tsing Yi that bit easier to get in.

40#
發表於 15-5-23 11:18 |只看該作者
Thanks Avis_chu for having this discussion here

My son is 1 yr old . My plan is to put him in ESF kindergarten (Tsing Yi) then ESF primary (BHS). I choose Discovery Montessori School for backup because my son attends playgroup there. There will be a new primary school by Discovery School Academic in Sept 2015.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題