回覆 noel2010 的帖子

謝謝!

46#
發表於 15-5-16 23:37 |只看該作者

回覆:IELTS UKVI比佢玩死

IDP報是否可早過文化恊會指定日子?見|DP有出時間到八月但文化到六月

47#
發表於 15-5-18 15:18 |只看該作者
用lB成績有大學不用iELTS? I guess you better check with UK Immigration before you decided not taking IELTS. My son is a GCE AL student, and ALL unis have claimed that it is the UK immigration requirement, instead of unis request for the IELTS result.

Please clarify before not taking IELTS!!!!!!!!!!

48#
發表於 15-5-18 16:09 |只看該作者
回覆 Paulgaza 的帖子

That is true, students taking IB Eng A (not B) do not need to take IELTS to fulfill both University and Visa English requirement.

49#
發表於 15-5-19 18:51 |只看該作者

refund 好煩,現要學校信,要和學校講將來報大學有D要新UKV|,學校明白出信,再同文化協會聯絡

醒目開學勳章

50#
發表於 15-5-20 10:59 |只看該作者
manning2014 發表於 15-5-18 16:09
回覆 Paulgaza 的帖子

That is true, students taking IB Eng A (not B) do not need to take IELTS to fullfill both University and Visa English requirement.

Where did you get your information?
If you have IB English A, may be universities do not ask for IELTS.
But you still need IELTS UKVI for visa application.
It is clearly stated in the gov.uk website which tests are acceptable as approved english tests.
IB English A is not one of the approved tests.

51#
發表於 15-5-20 16:24 |只看該作者
回覆 Darth 的帖子

It is my personal experience and also stated clearly in some university websites. When my kid applied UCAS before, all university conditional offers did not ask for IELTS except one. So my kid emailed them for clarification. Finally university replied as following and revised the offer.

Dear xxx

Apologies for the delay in relying to you. The issue has been    discussed with our CAS Team and they have agreed that your English    syllabus from the IB would be acceptable as proof of English ability    for CAS purposes. I have removed the IELTS condition from your offer    and you should see this update on UCAS track within 24 hours.

Best wishes
    xxx

You can also check the University of Sheffield website for better understanding about the ENglish requirement for international student visa purpose.
http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/undergraduate/policies/englang

Hope this hope.

52#
發表於 15-5-20 16:51 |只看該作者
At the time when my son applied via UCAS this year, different unis had different interpretations to the immigration's requirement. Thus I guess uni's reply SHOULD NOT BE the ultimate answer to your question, but the web of immigration.

As it is critical to you all for studying in UK, I guess to verify by reviewing UK immigration is much better.

BTW, my son takes GCE AS & A2 have already gone through the OLD IELTS which valid ONLY for the coming entry.

53#
發表於 15-5-20 17:05 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

醒目開學勳章

54#
發表於 15-5-20 17:31 |只看該作者

引用:回覆+Darth+的帖子 It+is+my+personal+exp

原帖由 manning2014 於 15-05-20 發表
回覆 Darth 的帖子

It is my personal experience and also stated clearly in some university websites. ...
We are all talking about the requirement of the visa application. Not university application.

55#
發表於 15-5-20 17:55 |只看該作者
回覆 Darth 的帖子

So if you don't really get the point of my answer in relation of the CAS and the meaning of what Sheffield has stated in their website, then so be it.

Besides,
finally my kid went to study in another UK university (not sheffield) with student T4 Visa without sitting the IELTS at all, nor all my kid's HK school's classmates.

醒目開學勳章

56#
發表於 15-5-20 21:48 |只看該作者

It is funny how some people still does not understand what it is going on here. We r talking about NEW rules and policy that affect FUTURE visa applications.

57#
發表於 15-5-20 22:17 |只看該作者
Paulgaza 發表於 15-5-20 16:51
At the time when my son applied via UCAS this year, different unis had different interpretations to  ...
想請問如今年代9月往英國讀 A-level (boarding school), 是否需要考 IELTS UKVI?還是只需要學校的CAS來證明其英文水平達到要求便可。

58#
發表於 15-5-21 12:07 |只看該作者
For the seek of others' benefit, I would explain a bit more detail in the subject of English requirement for applying student Visa purpose.   I am just talking this in relation to University level, but nothing about secondary or boarding school.

Actually it  said very clearly in UK Gov website about T4 Visa English requirement:
https://www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa/knowledge-of-english

" HEIs can choose how to assess a student’s knowledge of English. They must still be at:
  • CEFR level B2 if you’re studying at a degree level or higher
  • SELT in reading, writing, listening and speaking and CEFR level B1 if you’re not studying at a degree level"

This statement simply means reputable universities (not wild chicken ones) can use their own system to assess the student's English requirement. The UK Immigration will trust and accept their assessment system as the Visa application purpose.

Everyone know what CAS is and we all need this document (issued by University/school) to apply for T4 student visa. Included in this CAS, university must state clearly how they assess the students academic performance as well as students' English standard to fulfill the UK Visa & Immigration English language ability requirement.

In order to help University to issue the CAS, they have this : Creating a CAS - Guide for Education Sponsors.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/301140/SMS_guide_4a._Creating_a_CAS___guide_for_education_sponsors.pdf

On its page 6, it said
English Language Requirement

•       
When assigning a CAS to students studying courses at
QCF/NQF Level 6 (SCQF 9 in Scotland) you must ensure
that they are competent in English language at a minimum
CEFR level B2. Depending on whether you are a Higher
Education Institution (HEI) or not, we require you to
assess your student‟s English language competence as
follows:
•       
If you are a HEI you can choose your own method of
assessing the English language competence of your
students as being at CEFR level B2 in each of the
four components (speaking, listening, reading and
writing). You must confirm here that you have made this
assessment, and you must retain details of how you have
made this assessment which may be inspected by our
visiting officers.

Therefore, every University will have their own CAS team to deal with this matter seriously.

In conclusion,

1) For applying University degree level, University can have their own discretion to use other English exam result (instead of using IELTS) as a proof of English Ability requirement to issue their CAS.

2) CAS is the powerful document and proof to state how school has already assessed the
students academic performance as well as students' English standard and UK Immegation Dep will honour and accept this issued by the University.  

3) Remember, this discretion will only be given to HEI (ie. University) who is providing the course in

QCF/NQF Level 6 (SCQF 9 in Scotland)or above (undergraduate degree level or above) to students. Anything other than that will still need standard English Test (such as IELTS)

4) Because most universities do not state clearly in their website, only Sheffield does that. That is why I provide their link to show that my case is not a special case, it actually is their policy to accept IB Eng A as the Eng requirement.

5)
Therefore, when applying UCAS, if the university do not put IELTS as a condition in your conditional offer, that just mean your other subject condition will have already satisfy the ENglish requirement. (In my case, it was the IB Eng A condition). And you don't need to take the IELTS. That is the current practice for University admission and UK T4 Student Visa application. By this, it means you NEED to clarify with the university that you want to apply, about how they assess your own English subject exam (IB, A-Level). But not clarify with UK Immigration.

6) Of course, if someone still want to take IELTS anyway, that is no hurt. What I am trying to help in here is providing  the fact that  "IB English A (HL/SL) is good enough to apply for UK University degree course, without taking the IELTS"

If still don't understand well
, read those 2 documents above carefully.

•       

59#
發表於 15-5-21 18:58 |只看該作者

60#
發表於 15-5-21 19:00 |只看該作者
從2015年4月6日起,安全英語語言考試提供方發生變更。新政落實後,英國簽證處只承認雅思安全英語考試(英國境內外)和倫敦三一學院(英國境內)所提供的安全英語語言考試。

在新政下,學生有兩類雅思考試可以選擇:

一是IELTS for UKVI,用於英國簽證及移民的雅思考試。

二是Regular IELTS,現行雅思考試。

很多學生或家長想問,我們應該參加哪種類型的雅思考試,看了上面這張圖就會一目了然:
‹ 上一主題|下一主題