搜索
教育王國 討論區 資優教育 JHU-CTY Summer Program
發新帖
查看: 1595|回覆: 2
go

JHU-CTY Summer Program [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 15-3-25 14:04 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Grateful for the experienced parents' advice on the above topic.

The CP of my kid strongly recommends me to consider taking my kid to the above program.  I m just thinking if I shall enroll the International Program (i.e. at HK campus) for him in the coming year (coz he is just 6 years old, too young for this year).  Reading from the website, I notice that I have to go thru some red tapes before I m entitled to enroll the course !  The red tapes include Talent Search, SCAT test etc.  

I understand that the courses DO have their value.  At least, it gives the chance for my kid to meet kids similar to him from countries including Mainland China, Taiwan or other Asian countries.  But the prices it charges seem to be breaktaking !  Only the course itself, before including the administrative fees, is said to be about USD 3,500  (for young student commuter) !

Grateful if the parents who has enrolled this program before could share the experience as to whether it worth the money.

How will you compare CTY to the Gifted Program by CUHK (seems to be a budgeted choice to me) ?
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 15-3-25 21:25 |只看該作者

回覆:MewB 的帖子

If you want to enroll the course by CTY, should go thru Talent Search first. That is the test of SCAT.

In my case, My boy started doing online courses by CTY from Year 4 (8 years old). He is very disciplined and is doing the 7th course right now. (Year 6 now)

At the same time, I also let him enrolling the gifted program in CUHK in summertime & Christmas time. So he could makes friends with students from local schools.

I am planning to send him to US to join the summer program when he's in secondary school. It's a long way in nurturing, no hurry!

3#
發表於 15-3-30 13:57 |只看該作者
Dear Radiomama,

Thank you for your valuable input.  I may plan to put my son to the gifted program of CUHK as a start, and may consider JHUCTY for the next step when he reach higher grades. Thanks !
‹ 上一主題|下一主題