教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Tutortime AM or Boxhill mos PM nursery
發新帖
查看: 1965|回覆: 9
go

Tutortime AM or Boxhill mos PM nursery [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 14-12-19 16:40 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Dear parents,

I got the 2015-16 offer for my son from both tutortime AM session (kowloon tong) and boxhill PM session (MOS). We want to target for international school in the future. But I cannot decide which one to choose, and tutortime is asking us to reply before 24th Dec.

The reason I like tutortime is:
1. My son is attending tutortime playgroup now and is very happy there. Teachers are very caring and I like their teaching philosophy.
2. He has not attended boxhill before, so we don't know if he would fit in there.
2. Tutor time offers us morning session. My son is a heavy sleeper in the afternoon.

The reason I'm hesitating for tutortime:
1. Tuition fee for tutortime is 9200 HKD, very expensive. We can afford it, but of course cheaper would be better.
2. We are the 4th on the waiting list of boxhill AM session, so there is large opportunity for us to move onto morning session. But we don't know if we can switch to AM until next April.

In addition to above concers, may I know which school has better reputation, and easier for kids to got into other international Kindergarten?

Thank you very much and waiting for your reply.

0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 14-12-19 17:55 |只看該作者

回覆:Tutortime AM or Boxhill mos PM nursery

I don't think there is an obvious advantage of putting your kid in TT. I do have the same thought of sending my girl to IS later in reception one. As long as the nursery class provides up to standard eng level, nurtures the kid to be self confident, it will meet the entry requirement for IS. Of course, without any foreign passport or priority, just good English standard will not guarantee any spot.

Btw, my girl got MOS boxhill am 2015 pn  class, if no better offer in the future , we will take it. Better offer means hkps, st cat, Victoria. And we also attended TT playgroup for 6 months in the past. We think TT is over priced.

3#
發表於 14-12-19 18:00 |只看該作者

Btw, I heard some successful cases for boxhill pn students got offer from Esf and ics. I don't know the ratio, but it makes me feel assured

4#
發表於 14-12-19 18:32 |只看該作者

引用:Dear+parents,+I+got+the+2015-16+offer+fo

原帖由 daweide 於 14-12-19 發表
Dear parents,

I got the 2015-16 offer for my son from both tutortime AM session (kowloon tong) and ...
My friend's daughter is studying in MOS Boxhill K3 now, she told me that some students will move to RC at K3. If you are target for International school, it is a good choice. The school fee is reasonable!

5#
發表於 14-12-19 22:40 |只看該作者

引用:Dear+parents,+I+got+the+2015-16+offer+fo

原帖由 daweide 於 14-12-19 發表
Dear parents,

I got the 2015-16 offer for my son from both tutortime AM session (kowloon tong) and ...
Location is also important. My personal feel TT is overpriced after attending their playgroup.

6#
發表於 14-12-19 23:00 |只看該作者

I am also considering the acceptance of TT PN offer too. Any other comment on TT other than expensive? Does anyone know the 2 mths advanced payment can refund if finally declined the offer before semester starts?

7#
發表於 15-1-2 14:56 |只看該作者

回覆:yayasiko 的帖子

No you won't get a refund . You either give up the 18k or attend school for two months.

8#
發表於 15-1-3 06:36 |只看該作者

My boy is now doing k1 in wks esf, he did nursery class in TT, the tuition fee is quite high, but teachers and helpers are kind and devoted, after a year's time, his english proficiency is good enough to cope with the interview in esf, fluent in speaking. Hope that may help you guys to make decision.

9#
發表於 15-1-5 12:54 |只看該作者

回覆:kksjennifer 的帖子

Thank you both!!!

10#
發表於 15-1-10 22:18 |只看該作者
回覆 daweide 的帖子

hello, would u mind sharing which campus in Kowloon Tong u got an offer from?  we are also existing families (i.e. attending playgroup) and applied for PN at Dorset but we haven't heard from the school yet. I called to follow up, but they said they are still reviewing the applications. I heard from other parents that they've got offers in Dec already. thanks very much!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題