發新帖
查看: 1601|回覆: 16
go

GFCF diet for special kids [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 05-3-11 11:40 |只看該作者

GFCF diet for special kids

What Is Autism?

"You know, Mommy, the world is full of sounds.  When I listen to them, I realize that the sounds make patterns, and the patterns all turn into music in my head.  Sometimes when you call me, I don't hear you because I'm listening to the music."
- Miles, 5 years old, recovered from the autism daignosed at 19 months.  

The above success story is from a book named “The natural Medicine Guide of Autism".  The boy was recovered from autism after using natural medicine.  After reading this story, I feel so sorry for my impatient and ruth attitude when my son was inattentive on table task.  

After reading some successful stories about GFCF diet and natural medicine,  my husband and I decided to let our son try them gradually.  We'll also let him try some special supplement which helps him to reduce the heavy metal from his body.

I've ordered some non-diary milk online.  We'll start to change his favour first as he has to drink 2-3 times milk daily.   I think it's worth to try as this special diet seems a healthy diet for everyone.   

We'll talk to our son's teacher after Easter Holiday regarding the GFCF diet.  We'll pack lunch and snack for my son.  Hope his teacher would like to cooperate with us.

Any successful stories here in BK?  I know Mrs Cheung's son has been on GFCF diet for almost 1 year and got significant improvement.  Would you please tell us about your son's progress on the GFCF diet?

2#
發表於 05-3-11 12:01 |只看該作者

Re: GFCF diet for special kids

Kawai,

Pls check PM.

3#
發表於 05-3-11 13:07 |只看該作者

Kawai,

I tried it for 4.5 months and gave it up.  It broke my heart when I see my 3-year-old trying to grab a piece of bread from his elder brother.  I honestly cannnot see GF is contributing much to his improvement in the past few months.  He is, however, still on CF diet except the once in a while he gets a reward of chocolates for good behaviour.

4#
發表於 05-3-13 15:50 |只看該作者

Hi Dommom,

Thanks for your feed back.  Your advice is valuable for me to determinate the probability of success of this special diet.  My son's diet  is completely comprised of milk, cheese,  pasta, noodle, cake, chocolate and all kinds of biscuits.  He doesn't like meat and vegetable.  He's actually addicted to those foods which is probably affecting his development.  

One thing I discovered yesterday.  My son has been drinking Pediasure since 1 year old which contains no cow milk.  It's a supplement  for picky eater like my skinny son.   It'll be more easy for him to start the CF as he doesn't need to quit the milk but other dairy products.  I'll try GF for my son gradually with some subsitites of G-food.

Besides the food allergies may cause austim.  I do believe that vaccines could cause austim according to the increasing number of austim worldwide.  Some natural medicine may help to reduce or remove the mercury from austistic kids that have been reported.  

I'll keep trying both natural methods and behaviour therapys as long as it'll help my son.  I feel a kind of worry which Chinese will say it all the time, "We can see one's future till eighty from 3 years of age."  I've asked my husband what we should do if our son cannot be trained as a normal kid (with nornal IQ and EQ).   "Let's try our best then will not regret",  my husband answered.  

5#
發表於 05-3-14 09:28 |只看該作者

"Let's try our best then will not regret",

Very accurate.  reflects the words from the bottom of my heart.

6#
發表於 05-3-14 16:53 |只看該作者

請問係D乜

7#
發表於 05-3-14 21:16 |只看該作者

The following web site is about GFCF diet:

http://www.glutensolutions.com/autism.htm
我們怕孩子的人生路途滿佈荊棘,與其為孩子在路上舖一層地毯,不如在孩子的腳上穿上一雙鞋。

8#
發表於 05-3-14 22:57 |只看該作者

Hi,

I found many Gluten FREE snacks available in the supermarket name : TASTE in Kowloon Tong Fexxible Walk. Price is around $19.9-29.9. taste yummy.

The snacks is sit around the organic corner.

st

9#
發表於 05-3-15 10:49 |只看該作者

Hi, I'm new here.
I am also interested in the GFCF diet.  Before we start this diet, do we need to do any tests first?
YY

10#
發表於 05-3-15 11:37 |只看該作者

Dear ultramom,
My son did a test last year. The test showed that he could tolerate both gluten and casein. However, we still let him try GFCF as far as possible. My son doesn't drink milk, so it's easily to do that. But he likes pastas. What we can do is to take away gradually. Sometimes if he really wants it, we'll let him take some, especially when we have meals with other family members in restaurants.

It's really not easy to do GFCF. You may refer to the following link about "hints to help ease transition".
http://autism.about.com/cs/gfcfdiet/l/blbegingfcf.htm
但願媽媽的眼淚能灌溉寶寶, 讓寶寶茁壯地成長

11#
發表於 05-3-15 23:57 |只看該作者

查實GFCF diet 係番邦嘢嚟.  祗要查yahoo, msn搜查網,就有好多資料.  至於對你小朋友work 唔work, 就要試吓先知.  試之前最好先帶小朋友做lab test, 香港這方面有名專家不多,Dr. 高XX就是其中一個. 但有BK媽咪提供,她也是略水專家.  我星期五會帶仔仔睇佢, 主耍是做lab test 同聽吓佢點講(她說autism有得醫), 睇完之後再報料比你哋.

Sjmama,
請問你帶仔仔睇那位醫生?

Dr. T,
何否比啲意見?我本人覺得任何有科學跟據及又無害的方法都耍比小朋友試. (求神問卜及飲神茶除外) 當然行為治療耍放首位,因為確實睇倒小朋友有進步.   

12#
發表於 05-3-16 11:10 |只看該作者

hi kawai,
我個仔今年2-1/2歲.  去年找私家醫生做評估, 話佢"DD/NOS".  中九龍又做過評估, 話佢"WITH AUTISTIC FEATURES".
不過點都好, 我只想有方法可以幫到個仔.
我好有興趣知道DR 高XX (是否女醫生?)可提供的治療詳情.  請問LAB TEST是否要抽血去驗?
謝謝
YY

13#
發表於 05-3-16 22:34 |只看該作者

ultramom,

DR 高XX 是女醫生.  我仔仔星期五弟一次睇佢,之後再上來報料. $1000 評詁及診金, 其他另計. 以下是她在BK資料.

http://www.baby-kingdom.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=256072&forum=44&26

14#
發表於 05-3-18 22:11 |只看該作者

Hi st,
我昨天去過又X城 taste, 在"organic corner"找來找去都只找到一種"GLUTEN FREE"意粉, 2種GF的CEREAL. 其他只見到"ORGANIC FOOD", 但成份都有"WHEAT", (ORGANIC WHEAT).  請問你所說的GLUTEN FREE SNACK, 是些什麼SNACK? 可否比多D貼士?
YY

15#
發表於 05-3-19 04:33 |只看該作者

Hi sjmama,
Was it blood test?  

[quote]
sjmama 寫道:
Dear ultramom,
My son did a test last year. The test showed that he could tolerate both gluten and casein.

16#
發表於 05-3-20 23:25 |只看該作者

Hi HayBMum,
No. One was hair test. Another was urine and feaces (collected separately but within same period).
但願媽媽的眼淚能灌溉寶寶, 讓寶寶茁壯地成長

17#
發表於 05-3-21 11:09 |只看該作者

Hi ultramon,
I bought a box of rice cracker from Taste. It tastes good. Besides, you can also try GF corn flasks. Kids like to eat crisy food.
In fact, any rice product is ok. There is a rice biscuit that I find in Japanese Dept Store (Seiyu). It's for babies, but my kids also like it.
但願媽媽的眼淚能灌溉寶寶, 讓寶寶茁壯地成長
‹ 上一主題|下一主題