用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 ESF Kindergarten Tsing Yi - not even given an interv ...
樓主: 123mummy
go

ESF Kindergarten Tsing Yi - not even given an interview? [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 13-12-4 01:28 |只看該作者

回覆:ESF Kindergarten Tsing Yi - not even given an interview?

本帖最後由 MrsChikChik 於 13-12-4 01:33 編輯

I received a letter from them saying play session will be conducted in Jan. Only child. We are not rich, didnt attend their playgroup, holding hk passport.

點評

lanjarbi  may i know when u received the letter? thanks for share!  發表於 13-12-4 16:13

42#
發表於 13-12-4 11:21 |只看該作者
newdaddy 發表於 13-10-29 13:04
Why did you still aplly for ESF K1 instead of Year 1?
Last year, there were lots of ESF Kinder stude ...

My understanding is that ESF kinder students no longer have priority for interviews to ESF schools, except RC.  Is this correct?

43#
發表於 13-12-4 11:27 |只看該作者
FattyDaddy 發表於 13-10-31 14:05
This is true, so how that will turn out has yet to be seen, but I don't think it will be very differ ...

I agree with your theory.  Nevertheless it is weird that they did not include their kinder students in the priority criteria.  Anyway if there is no clearly stated priority, it will be risky to put our child in ESF kinder and then rejected by ESF school at Year 1.  By then, it will be too late to apply for some of the IS, since most of them start from K2 or K3.  This is the reason why we decided not to apply for ESF kinder, but try our luck with ESF school at later stage instead.

44#
發表於 13-12-4 12:56 |只看該作者
minirat 發表於 13-12-4 11:27
Anyway if there is no clearly stated priority, it will be risky to put our child in ESF kinder and then rejected by ESF school at Year 1 ...
Yes, not having a clearly stated priority is hardly reassuring, but if you are aiming for ESF primary schools for your child, attending an ESF kindergarten will not be any more risky than attending a non-ESF one.

I also think it is weird for ESF to not give priority to their own kindergartens, at least not officially, this will only harm their kindergartens but bring no overall benefits to the foundation. One possible explanation is they are planning to phase out their kindergartens altogether, and not giving priority is a step preparing for that eventuality, but this is unlikely because they are going to open a new kindergarten in Tung Chung, so ... I'm just as baffled as you.

45#
發表於 13-12-4 15:13 |只看該作者
FattyDaddy 發表於 13-12-4 12:56
Yes, not having a clearly stated priority is hardly reassuring, but if you are aiming for ESF primar ...

I share your views.  Another reason why we decided not to apply is becoz there is no ESF kinder which is close to us, and for the "not stated priority" and the fact that ESF school is not our first choice, we are reluctant to switch to ESF at K1 (from his current PN school) even if we are lucky enough to get a spot.  Of course now that I read this thread, it is unlikely that we will get a spot anyway...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題