密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 Stafford or York? Pls…
查看: 2155|回覆: 22
go

Stafford or York? Pls… [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 13-2-14 22:58 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
I knew they were sister school, but i am still struggling. I like Stafford as the teacher is really caring, but i worry its not as competitive as York when applying primary sch. Can anyone brainstorm me pls?
   1    1    0    0

2#
發表於 13-2-15 00:11 |只看該作者

引用:I+knew+they+were+sister+school,+but+i+am

原帖由 sammisammylau 於 13-02-14 發表
I knew they were sister school, but i am still struggling. I like Stafford as the teacher is really  ...
Up

3#
發表於 13-2-15 10:17 |只看該作者
Both schools have same syllabus and books.  I didn't perceive any disadvantage at P1 application.  As far as I know about 20 kids at school, more than 80% of them got at least one private / DDS school offer.  Both of the schools have a good way to teach English while having fun.  I chose Stafford because they were less "famous" as York, small class (only apply a few year ago because they go about 2x student at that time but no longer the current situation), and with two class teachers (one net and one local).  However, the hardware of York is better.  The teachers of York look younger and those of Stafford are more experienced.

4#
發表於 13-2-15 10:32 |只看該作者
I must add, it's more important for the parent's input than which school you chosen ( I mean choosing York or Stafford).  You need to review the progress of your kids from time to time started from K2 and provide supplementary course / coaching specific to the insufficiency you identified.  However, parents have to struggle about not overloading the kids or lagging behind others.  It's always a challenge to the parents under the current rule of game for P1 application.

5#
發表於 13-2-15 15:43 |只看該作者
I have the same struggle. I like Stafford that they have small class. But it seems that York is more famous. By the way, are there activities the same? How come there is a Chinese New Year Welcome Party at York next week for the new students, but Stafford doesn't have any?

Doray, is your child going to study at Stafford next year (2013-14)? Do you have any comments about Stafford? How many students are there in a class now? No small class?

6#
發表於 13-2-15 16:32 |只看該作者
回復 Doray 的帖子

Thank you for your sharing. I can tell you that i really love stafford very much because from the date of interview i can see that they are willing to spend time to talk to parents about everything the parents want to know. I talked to Miss Yeung nearly half an hour! and i am sure all my questions were all those she already answer million times to different parents, but she still have patience to answer me again. To me, this is really important as this is the main channel that i can use to know the progress of my sons development. what i worry is just the DDS/private school will give York priority over Stafford becasue of they are famous (even with the same talent of kids).

7#
發表於 13-2-15 23:43 |只看該作者
回復 jillstuart 的帖子

My kid is K3 and I took the offer because my kid is a "small" girl.  There were only 24 students in her class.  I cannot tell whether the Primary school will give any priority to York than Stafford as York is a bit too 惹火.  I cannot tell if it is an advantage or disadvantage for the application of P1 as I don't know the 觀感of York from those Primary school headmasters' point of view.  My little one will also study in Stafford though I also got the offer fr York.  I could only say every school is not prefect.   Overall, I am well satisfied with the teachers and the syllabus of K1 & 2 but I think the writing is a little bit too much for K3.

8#
發表於 13-2-15 23:50 |只看該作者

回覆:Stafford or York? Pls…

I also have both offers (2013-2014 years) of York and stafford.  From my research (just a sampling, 非正式統計), I found around 70% of parents with both offers finally chose Stanford.  

9#
發表於 13-2-15 23:52 |只看該作者
回復 Doray 的帖子

I am not quite sure about the actual number of students in one class but having heard from those parents of my kid's classmates with the siblings studying in K2, there were no more small class because more and more people applied.  You may call Ms Yeung to confirm the situation.

10#
發表於 13-2-16 00:05 |只看該作者

the class size is told to be 29-30 per class with one net n one local teacher in stafford

點評

Chirley  嘩~好似多左D咁...  發表於 13-2-16 01:36

11#
發表於 13-2-16 01:38 |只看該作者
Doray 發表於 13-2-15 23:43
回復 jillstuart 的帖子

My kid is K3 and I took the offer because my kid is a "small" girl.  There w ...

想請教下, 除左K3較多功課外? K1 及K2情況如何??
因為睇左好多POST都話雖然學校係較谷, 但功課就唔係多, 可以好快完成, 係咪?!
THANKS

12#
發表於 13-2-16 09:24 |只看該作者
回復 Chirley 的帖子

For K1, the homework is easy.  It won't be a problem at all.  For K2, how long it would take depends on the kid's concentration and the development of "small" muscle of the hands.  My kid could complete the homework within 15 to 20 mins if she is concentrating in her work in K2 (usually one or two exercise books with one to two pages, weekend will be more).  However, it could take an hour if she's keep on talking and talking or not in the mood. To me, I will try to let her do it without accompanying her and tell her to ask only if she doesn't know how to do it.  Also, I rarely erase her work even if the handwriting is not too good, unless it's wrong.

點評

Chirley  Thank you for your reply^^  發表於 13-2-16 13:25

13#
發表於 13-2-16 19:32 |只看該作者
回復 Doray 的帖子

Thank you for your information very much.......

14#
發表於 13-2-16 21:53 |只看該作者
回復 Doray 的帖子

Doray, thanks for your information as it is difficult to find the parents of Stafford to share here. May I ask you if there are any Indians NET in Stafford? Is there 2 hours Eng lessoon, 30 minutes Chinese and 30 minutes Putonghua every day? In your experience, is their Chinese standard good enough for the children to catch up with local Primary School?

My husband went to the interview, he said the teachers seem very nice. We like that they have small classes. However, Stafford offers PM class for my son and York offers AM class and it seems that York provides more activities to the children, so it is difficult to choose.

15#
發表於 13-2-17 10:18 |只看該作者
回復 jillstuart 的帖子

There is only one Indian Net but not sure next year but she is very good. In fact, all the Net are good there amd the kids love them so much.

16#
發表於 13-2-17 10:33 |只看該作者
回復 Doray 的帖子

For the time allocation, u may ask the teacher.  There is snack time, washroom time, art & music time (though not everyday).  Also, they need about 15min before 放學 to prepare take the school bus.  I think this is more or less the same as others.  The actual time for pure learning of Chinese, Mandarin and English should be less than three hours.  We also considered not value for money given her expensive school fee but we said to ourselves that as long as they could learn effectively and happily.  It is fine.

17#
發表於 13-2-17 11:27 |只看該作者
For Chinese standard, the words they learnt are quite difficult. However, there is a gap in the syllsbus between kinder and primary.  The only way is to read more Chinese books to them.

18#
發表於 13-2-18 11:44 |只看該作者
回復 Doray 的帖子

It's good to hear that the kids like the teachers. Do you know how many classes they have? I read from the EDB website that they only have 9 teachers in 2011/12. I wonder if there are 1 local teacher and 1 NET in those 3 years. How many NETs are there? Sorry that I have so many questions.

19#
發表於 13-2-18 11:59 |只看該作者
No need to say sorry.  There were one local teacher and 1 net for all 3 years.  Please be reminded that all K3 were PM class and they will accept more students for one year and fewer for another due to the limit of their registered classrooms.  Said for 2013, they will have 3 classes of K1, then they will only have 2 classes of K1 in 2014.

20#
發表於 13-2-18 12:39 |只看該作者

上年尾同我pg老師傾搵學校問題
佢都有提議我報stafford佢話雖然同york同group但好多野都好好 叫我放心報 但我最後唔記得左先無報

‹ 上一主題|下一主題