教育王國 討論區 海外留學 UK Year 10
發新帖
查看: 1469|回覆: 5
go

UK Year 10 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 13-1-7 05:08 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
hi,

pls leave a comment on Cheltenham College, Whitgift, Ashford and Dauntsey's School.

Thanks a lot

1    0    0    0

2#
發表於 13-2-15 23:06 |只看該作者
I want to know also, pls share!!! Thanks

3#
發表於 13-2-17 23:47 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

4#
發表於 13-2-23 06:31 |只看該作者
I know about Ashford and Dauntsey but cannot comment about the other two schools.

Both have higher proportion of Chinese students, and Ashford has even 40%. I'd prefer Dauntsey as the girl I know is very good and the school helps to encourage students in the field they like.
Ashford is very academic focus, and unfortunately I know a Chinese boy got kicked out between Lower Sixth to Upper Sixth because he failed one AS Subject. The school gave him only 2 weeks to find a new school and if you know, is like being kicked out in after F.4 for HKCEE. He was in the middle of the A-Level exam, and must repeat one year. Other schools would have ask the student to choose a new AS subject instead of kicking out. They kick out for league table purpose only.

5#
發表於 13-2-23 09:11 |只看該作者

回覆:anglo-chinese 的帖子

Personally I will not spare over 30,000 pounds per year to find a UK boarding school with nearly 40% Chinese for my kids.

You may consider applying schools located in Wales such as Monmouth etc whereas the entry is less competitive and the ratio of Chinese students is low.

Or else let the kid studying in HK school with IGCSE course such as PLK Choi Kau Yau etc and then enrolling UK University by IGCSE result or by non-JUPAS entry for local U.

6#
發表於 13-2-23 10:09 |只看該作者
Anglo-chinese,
  睇完你又知道更多問題要考慮,原來真係有這情況發生。
學校只注重ranking.沒有幫學生解決問題。
我就會小心選擇這些學校。將學生放在首要位置。
如果佢達到入學目標。應該比多些支援給他。
到f.4.    之後先叫你走,最慘其他學校都唔會收插班生。
根本無企係學生角度想。
‹ 上一主題|下一主題