1#
發表於 12-10-20 07:44 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
請問大家可否就以下uk boarding school 俾些意見?

Caterham
Dulwich
Epsom
Warwick
Shrewsbury

小兒係Band one school F.5, 成績中中地,可能係自信心低, 好內向,唔多出聲嗰種, 。好鍾意物理和天文,同Art ,Language 唔係好得囉.明顕唔係文字人。

我好擔心佢唔知去到些太勁,太高貴的學校唔知適唔適應到。定係好的boarding school  有方法會幫下佢, 提升自信呢?
真係好煩呀。多謝大家先,希望收到大家意見啦。
   1    0    0    0

2#
發表於 12-10-20 08:26 |只看該作者
I know four friends' kids studying Epsom, Warwick and Shrewsbury.

This year Warwick's A Level results are very good with about 8 HK students admitting to Oxbridge/Imperial. For Epsom, my friend's son has changed to other boarding school after studying one year in Grade 9. For Shrewsbury, my friends' two kids studying here from Grade 9 had been admitted to Oxbridge Law about five years ago but Shrewsbury's ranking has dropped to over 200 during recent years.

You should note that both Warwick and Shrewsbury are boys school. The boarding house of Warwick is of 100% Chinese students and your son may be more easily adapted to the new boarding environment.  

3#
發表於 12-10-20 09:49 |只看該作者
回復 CPU1995 的帖子

Thanks a lot  CPU1995!I am wondering if the kids who got good university offers are those who had already spent a few years studing aboardDo you know of any average kids from HK who starts with  Year 12 and have good results and offers? My son has not attended   HKCEE or HKDSE, so have no idea what level his ability is。 He is only average in his"prestigious "school
Thank you !

4#
發表於 12-10-20 13:09 |只看該作者

回覆:GoodG 的帖子

For all those I know got very good university offers like oxbridge/Imperial from studying Grade 12 in elite UK boarding schools, all of them got at least 25 marks in HKCEE before they went to UK.

For the average ones I know, most of them studied in boarding schools from Grade 12 with ranking beyond 150 and their destinations are University of Reading, Hull, Cardiff, Kent etc.

5#
發表於 12-10-24 09:15 |只看該作者
Thanks so much for sharing the information.

家有些概念好好多呀
‹ 上一主題|下一主題