有咩學校好的. ?? 在香港先報名嗎 ??還是去到英國報名呢 ?
3 ) 邊個地區合適住. 讀書, 治安, ?
請給我多 d 意見, 我真係唔知. 現在才開始plan.

thank you !!
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 12-9-26 13:06 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 CPU1995 於 12-9-26 13:20 編輯

It depends on what kind of schools you want - state or independent?

For state schools, there are only 35 state boarding schools with boarding facilities and those high ranking state boarding schools have strict age requirement. i.e. your girl must jump one form to Grade 10 (F.4) if your girl finishes F.2 in HK.  There are no age requirements for independent schools. However, it seems that there are no girl or co-edu state boarding schools with ranking within 200. The ranking of these co-edu or girl state boarding schools are most likely from 400 to 1100.

If you have budget, there are too many good independent girls school in UK such as St. Mary Calne, Badmintion, Chelthenham Ladies etc in UK. All my friends' girls studying there all went to Imperial or London U.

If you want to reside in UK, there are much more choices.  You can choose state day schools (schools without boarding facilities). My friend's girl is currently studying in St Olave's and St. Saviour's Grammar School (Rank 27 this year and ranked 17 in 2011). She highly recommends this state day school. In Kent, the average monthly rent for an apartment is about 700 pounds per month.     

For school enrollment procedures, you may check the school website. High ranking state schools normally do not have agency in HK.

3#
發表於 12-9-26 15:31 |只看該作者
香港讀完中二.佢都未足14 歲.
英國中學有沒有男女校呢 ? 好的男女校有邊間好呀 ??
她不用寄宿. 是否私立比政府的好呢 ??
英國邊區居住環境好 d 呀 ??學校好 d ??生活水平不太高呀 ??治安好 d ??

4#
發表於 12-9-26 17:53 |只看該作者
I don’t know whether independent schools are better than state schools. But I think the facilities of independent schools will surpass those state schools in terms of facilities, activities and overseas trips such as to Spain, France etc during half term exeats.  

My son’s impression on his state school is that the school facilities are old, lack of school repair funding, appeal for contribution by parent must not exceeding 100 pounds despite its financial status and there are no compulsory activities after school. The students are not snobbish when compared with his previous HK classmates. If you look for a lower living standard, the northern part of UK such as Wales is a desirable location but the people here may not speak traditional English accent.  

You may take a look at Singtao for some choice of high ranking independent boarding schools:     

http://iread-st.com/smartparents/
‹ 上一主題|下一主題