用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 Which one is better, St. Paul Co-ed or DBSPD?
發新帖
查看: 2027|回覆: 7
go

Which one is better, St. Paul Co-ed or DBSPD? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 04-12-15 00:16 |只看該作者

Which one is better, St. Paul Co-ed or DBSPD?

One of my friend's son was accepted by St. Paul Co-ed and waiting for the result from DBSPD. She wants to know more about these two school before she make a choice for her son. Can anyone share?

2#
發表於 04-12-15 19:34 |只看該作者

Re: Which one is better, St. Paul Co-ed or DBSPD?

Dear BK friends, any comment? Any suggestions? You can pm me if you don't want to disclose any information here.

3#
發表於 04-12-17 01:11 |只看該作者

One of my friend's son was given an Apple but is waiting for another person to give him an Orange. She wants to know more about Apple and Orange  before she make a choice for her son. Can anyone share?

What Apple and Orange taste?  Which one is better?  If you like Apple, please advise why Orange is bad or vice versa.

A guy just pass-by and said why your friend ask somebody to give her son for both Apple and Orange without knowing what they taste first?  Can you tell me if Apple is better than Orange or vice versa?

4#
發表於 04-12-17 20:40 |只看該作者

You can think it this way -

An apple is good for your health, an orange is equally good.

Take an apple doesn't mean that you can get all it's nutrient, the same applies for taking an orange.

If you calculate the precise nutrient content of both fruits, you may, say, get the "scientific" answer that an apple has 95 cal, and an orange is slightly lower, say, 93 cal. If you look at the fruits this way, an apple is superior to an orange.

However, life is life, it's no pure science. Swallowing a fruit doesn't mean that you can get all the nutrient out of it. How much you get also depends on how you digest, absorb etc. So, by the end of the day, the range of nutrient you get from an apple is, say, 85 to 95 cal, and that for orange is 83 to 93 cal.

What I mean is that, although an apple has slightly more nutrient than an orange, you have a very big chance of getting the same amount of nutrient from either one (i.e. 85 to 93 cal, the overlapping range of the two). Worse, you can end up having 85 from an apple but 93 from an orange!

As long as you digest the fruit well and absorb it well, it doesn't matter whether you take apple, orange or durian. Growing up in an apple farm can end up as a rotten apple, and growing up in an orange farm can end up as a succulent orange.

My explanation is clumsy, but hope you can get my point.

[quote]
豬地 寫道:
One of my friend's son was given an Apple but is waiting for another person to give him an Orange. She wants to know more about Apple and Orange  before she make a choice for her son. Can anyone share?

What Apple and Orange taste?  Which one is better?  If you like Apple, please advise why Orange is bad or vice versa.

A guy just pass-by and said why your friend ask somebody to give her son for both Apple and Orange without knowing what they taste first?  Can you tell me if Apple is better than Orange or vice versa?

5#
發表於 04-12-18 00:44 |只看該作者

Thanks a lot for your reply-theory of apple and orange. I think I need to make some explanation here. Actually my friend has only 1 son and she was so happy that her son was accepted by 1 (or 2)of the most famous schools in Hong Kong. From a parent's point of view, it is his or her responsibility to make such a difficult decision for her only son. However, she has only little knowlegde about these schools, and that's why she posted up the topic here, to see whether there is anyone who can provide more information(e.g. curriculum, exams, teaching method, ECAs etc) about the schools.
I must say, I don't have any other meaning for posting this topic, I just want to help my friend!  

6#
發表於 04-12-18 01:09 |只看該作者

"she has only little knowlegde about these schools".  So, why she apply for these two schools?

Two choices.  1. If she don't know what they are, better not to study there.  2. Roll a dice to choose one..... it doesn't matter, since she know nothing from the beginning and up till now.  

7#
發表於 04-12-18 01:12 |只看該作者

The apple a traditional fruit, kind of green house. Fruits inside should be well taken care of by the farmers. The irrigation cost is slightly higher (%48,000/year).

The orange is a new farm, can be exotic (?) type of nurture. Fruits inside may be extraordinary, but not sure whether every piece of fruit can accept the type of nurture. Slightly less amount of water is required for orange ($38,000/year).

Don't believe in things of "no exam" etc. Another farm (let's call it Uxx) claims that they don't have exams for the first two years, but it turned out that they indeed have no exams, but only assessments!

Anyway, one thing is - the apple farm will move to Aberdeen shortly (2007), no sure about the impact of this on the irrigation cost of your friend.

8#
發表於 04-12-19 09:40 |只看該作者

A supplement to "Another farm" (Uxx), I have talked and seen all the assessments papers from my friend's son (P1, he is now P2) who study there.

My friend and her kid don't have any pressure for those assessments.  Since a lot of those assessments were untold, questions mostly are the same as those daily homework anyway, they probably wanted to test how much he learned from the class and from doing the homework.  Not really  need to prepare and they never prepared.

Other than that they just have a few (3?) tolded assessments for Chinese in the whole year.  My friend just spend one day at weekend to go through the book and those previous worksheets, not much pressure.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題