九龍城校網有好多中學可選,有家長會選擇參加 ...
以今年所見, 應有超過1/3有其他直資Offer, 只有少數會參加大抽獎。

62#
發表於 12-5-17 10:58 |只看該作者
今年約40人上啟中,另有些同學待派位不理想才報。一些則被reject.

63#
發表於 12-5-23 11:40 |只看該作者
May I ask:
1. if the chinese level of CPS student can compare with the traditional sch one?
2. how many student in 1 class, how many class per grade?
3. when P.1-P4 without exam, do they use continous assessment? will student find it hard to take exam in P.5?
4. the load for homework is heavy??

Thanks for info.

點評

motherotk  Definitely... The most impressive curriculum, very professionally designed, very good outcome!!  發表於 12-5-25 09:08

64#
發表於 12-5-23 16:45 |只看該作者
I am a CPS parent.  I try to answer some of your questions-

(1) I can’t tell you whether CPS is better or worse than others as I don’t compare them with others.  But for my own case, I satisfy with their Chinese teaching materials and the quality. One major difference between CPS and traditional schools is that CPS doesn’t emphasize on copying in junior class.  CPS aims at helping the kids to 認字 instead of to 寫字 in junior class.  They believe this can help the kids build a strong word bank so that they can enjoy reading on their own as soon as possible.

(2) most are between 20 and 25.  My kid is in P.3 and her class has 23 students.   4 classes in P2 to P6 and 5 classes in P1 (current year situation).  Likely there will be 4 classes for P1 next year as there is no more spare classroom in school.

(3) they cancel formal exam and test from current school year.  The teachers conduct on-going assessment during lessons.  I don’t make revision with my kid as I don’t know when will the teacher conduct assessment.  There are two parents day every year.  You will get your kid’s school report and meet the teacher to discuss about the performance of your kids     

(4) workload is very reasonable.  Some parents even find it a little bit below “normal” level.  My kid can always have “real” Christmas and Easter holidays.  She enjoy the school life very much.

Hope this is of help!

65#
發表於 12-5-23 23:02 |只看該作者
想問問, 簡介會當日其中一個講者說啟思學生很少出外補習, 聽到這裡真的非常高興
最近卻有朋友說啟思學生不上補習班, 但多請家庭教師. 不知是否屬實?

點評

motherotk  Parents need to follow up, as there are no "huge amount" of homework, but not easy  to do sometimes as they require the children to think independently from their daily exper...parents should suppor   發表於 12-5-25 09:09
motherotk  I do not ask for any tutoring for my girl...in any subject!!  發表於 12-5-24 22:31

66#
發表於 12-5-24 00:24 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 JustAParent 於 12-5-24 00:46 編輯
bee918 發表於 12-5-23 23:02
想問問, 簡介會當日其中一個講者說啟思學生很少出外補習, 聽到這裡真的非常高興
最近卻有朋友說啟 ...

我認識不少該校學生, 補習都有, 不過比其他學校少很多.  家庭教師真係聽都無聽過.

公道地說, 啟思小學最大的好處, 是她開出一條另類的教學道路, 愉快學習, 講得出也做得到, 學生壓力少, 又無迫學生做什麼特異功能, 學生自由度很大, 固然成績不及一些谷的名校, 但升中也不錯.  最不好的, 就是學費很貴很貴.

不過, 要留意明年轉制,  轉 ... 可以變好, 亦可以變壞, 還請家長多了解IB是怎樣的, IB的世界大同教育觀, 很可惜, 今天還是辦不到, IB唔係個個頂得順呀.

點評

motherotk  I know some kids do have family teachers and have private tutoring.. so, don't fantacize the school..or parents of this school...  發表於 12-5-25 09:11

67#
發表於 12-5-24 11:43 |只看該作者
回復 樂心 的帖子

Happy school life there, but don't expect too much on what high level of materials they learn in school,
i.e. don't compare to other schools, especially those famous ones.

Quite expensive, because the school uses "money" to make it be "better".

The students came out from there are quite 西化,鬼仔化!

Just personal view, please ignore if anyone feels odd on it.

68#
發表於 12-5-24 14:25 |只看該作者
law_panda 發表於 12-5-24 11:43
回復 樂心 的帖子
No offense.  But from your claim 'The students came out from there are quite 西化,鬼仔化', you know very little about that school.  CPS education is built on two pillars, the respect of Chinese traditional and happy/active learning.  CPS is not an international school.  Chinese is the major teaching media.  Why do you think their students are westernlized ?  If parents opt for CPS, they probably don't buy international school teaching style and high-pressure, spoon-feeded learning.  Give and take, CPS students may not have advanced knowledge as those from traditional schools, but they learn concepts and have good attitude on learning.  Are CPS students competitive for seconary school places ?  Check the school website to see where the students go.  This year, of the 24 students admitted to St. Paul Co-Ed through Outstanding Students & Young Talents Schemes, there is CPS student.  Hope this clarifies.

69#
發表於 12-5-24 14:54 |只看該作者
回復 JustAParent 的帖子

ignore then...

70#
發表於 12-5-24 14:59 |只看該作者
回復 JustAParent 的帖子

Very impressive, 24 students get into SPCC...... If 25 students per class, 4 classes at P6, so 100 students in P6, 24% at least may go to SPCC.
Am I correct? Or among 24 students through the scheme, some come from CPS.

I also checked the school coverage, 100 students and through whatever allocation or application methods, they went to 45 schools in 2010-2011. Pretty diversified.
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

71#
發表於 12-5-24 15:07 |只看該作者
ANChan59 發表於 12-5-24 14:59
回復 JustAParent 的帖子

Very impressive, 24 students get into SPCC...... If 25 students per class,  ...

No, of course not 24 CPS students.

I mean Co-Ed picked 24 students from all HK primary schools through Outstanding/Talent scheme, there is CPS student there.  There is also CPS student admitted through normal channel.  

72#
發表於 12-5-24 15:58 |只看該作者
年費: $72050 - $73700

73#
發表於 12-5-24 22:41 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 motherotk 於 12-5-24 22:48 編輯

'The students came out from there are quite 西化,鬼仔化', - not the case!

My daughter is at P1. The truth is she can't get into other DSS through interview and written test, so CPS is our only choice as I won't think the girl will survive in other government aided school with existing education philosophy!!

So far, the most impressive one is their Chinese curriculum, my girl has reading and writing difficulties, she does really well in Chinese reading, in recognizing words, and the most importantly, with passion to do her Chinese homework, such as writing sentences, writing short compositions...and very motivate to work on regular assessment, including short dictations and regular on-going tests.. Excellent curriculum, creative and passionate teachers and very child-centred!!  Just follow their curriculum and philosophy of teaching, I can teach her at home, by following the materials, much more better than TSL's Chinese teaching where my son is in..

Maths is good, the way they design the curriculum is based on conceptual learning... easy to follow curriculum, easily be absorbed by children, motivated to learn, even with difficulties..

English is still a doubt!! when comparing with my son's school curriculum, the curriculum is quite disorganized, but still they focus much on reading diversely, and learning phonics at this stage, no formal assessment, then you can learn by yourself..

GS- discovery lesson, kids do projects and present their projects...my girl learn to present herself from P1. good training for learning difficulties children...good part of the learning

Other than the on-going observation of the English curriculum, others are fine...

Expensive, but resolve much of the problems that may create by the school environment on my girl, it's still very worth and happy to pay!!

Teachers are supportive, school is willing to accommodate learning barrires, but enlist strengths of kid, I can't find this in school without paying any fee...Even in TSL, I learn that some kids with brilliant English standard still have to leave school as they can't cope with the dictation requirements... It's luck that TSL reject my girl, otherwise, she will be dying there!!

No perfect school, but just a suitable choice!!

74#
發表於 12-5-24 23:28 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

75#
發表於 12-5-25 09:16 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 motherotk 於 12-5-25 09:18 編輯

回復 JustAParent 的帖子

"還請家長多了解IB是怎樣的, IB的世界大同教育觀, 很可惜, 今天還是辦不到, IB唔係個個頂得順呀."

That's a good point!! However, basically, IB is better than any other types of traditional learning mode in terms of research. It's effectiveness and outcome should depends on how many resources the school is willing to pay, and to what extend does the principal and teachers realize the "essence" of IB philosophy, instead of only focusing on the "frame" of IB.

The school is learning, I believe and the teachers are learning as well, this is an on-going process of learning.

So far, if the direction and attitudes of the school is on the right track, as parents, I support IB mode in this school as the kid does benefit from the learning!

76#
發表於 12-5-25 21:21 |只看該作者
law_panda 發表於 12-5-24 14:54
回復 JustAParent 的帖子

ignore then...

No problem. 西化 and 鬼仔化 is ok to me ^^

77#
發表於 12-5-25 21:27 |只看該作者
回復 motherotk 的帖子

Thanks for your sharing. I also concern very much that my kid can't survive in other government-aided schools...
Tuition of 70K a year is reasonable if the curriculum works for the kids and more important if parents could support. Think about some of the kindergartens in Kowloon Tong, tuition is the same or can be even higher.

78#
發表於 12-5-26 10:47 |只看該作者
啟思小學幾好架,我朋友個女係度讀得好開心

79#
發表於 12-6-4 09:25 |只看該作者
Congratulations!

啟思小學於5月24日正式成為IB World School.

80#
發表於 12-6-4 10:18 |只看該作者
學費都好金下,要三千幾......
‹ 上一主題|下一主題