用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 在九龍區除了蔡繼有及international school,還有甚麼學 ...
樓主: chunyatmama
go

在九龍區除了蔡繼有及international school,還有甚麼學校是提供IB [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 12-2-21 14:25 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 chunyatmama 於 12-2-21 14:26 編輯

quoted: 小曳人  咁點解當初揀KV?!  發表於 1 小時前

In fact, we enrolled the kids to Yew Chung before switch to KV.  This is not we chose KV but KV chose the kid.  I do not want my kids to be in IS when they turn to primary school.  This is a long story.  That's why we have to enroll them in the mainstream kinders so that we can still have the choice.  You know that there is no way of return if the kids keep studying in international school since they were very young.  The more we understand, the more we feel exhausted.  Kinder is just a very small part of a kids life and I believe we still have time to find a better choice.  And, I think this is time to make an important choice for the kids, given the rapid changing local education system.

醒目開學勳章 貢獻勳章

22#
發表於 12-2-21 16:15 |只看該作者
回復 chunyatmama 的帖子

我都明,讀國際學校d細路太free,中文又無咁好

我覺得,揾住d活動教學嘅小學讀住先,見步行步,當然最好呢間小學上中學係有IB試考啦!應該唔止CKY一間係咁!

點評

chunyatmama  true.  That's my headline.  發表於 12-2-21 16:51
恐龍家

23#
發表於 12-2-21 17:06 |只看該作者
小學上中學後有IB試考的應該仲有真道, 優材都考慮會不會加IB

24#
發表於 12-2-21 17:10 |只看該作者

回覆:在九龍區除了蔡繼有及international school,還有甚麼學校是提供IB

You don't want main stream's syllabus or method?  DBS is a good choice.  It is not 填鴨式的。

25#
發表於 12-2-21 20:13 |只看該作者
DBS可能不是填式,但有子在DBS讀,父母可以不填鴨嗎?朋友子在DBS讀,他信校長講不請補習,結果測驗得六十幾分,補習的同學有七、八十分,他想緊持不補習也不行,因為他敵不過家中的「大人」!補習還有不是填鴨的嗎?我也想我錯!

26#
發表於 12-2-21 23:04 |只看該作者
回復 ANChan59 的帖子

ANChan59,

可唔可以講吓你覺得邊類性格小朋友唔太適合IB的呢? (except 時間管理差,語文能力差,欠閱讀興趣,被動等等) 因為我都諗緊呢個問題.

Thanks !

Christi

點評

ANChan59  I replied your question in high school forum.......  發表於 12-2-25 01:13

27#
發表於 12-2-22 00:21 |只看該作者
回復 Christi 的帖子

Christi
I promise you and I am doing some research (Search in internet and chat with some IB teachers from different schools, of course, I interviewed my son), I will share it with you and other parents in my thread "Sharing of NSS vs IB" in High School sub-forum about your question. Here is more relevant to PYP, I don't want to hijack the post.

ANChan59

點評

Christi  sure ! sorry, I've got no intention to hijack the post. thanks again.  發表於 12-2-22 13:40
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

28#
發表於 12-2-22 00:26 |只看該作者
回復 wingsma 的帖子

Parents expectation >>> school philosophy.
Every year, on the Parents day, you can see so many tuition centers have staff to give out leaflets near by DBS.

29#
發表於 12-2-22 13:00 |只看該作者
ANChan59,
Would you please let us know if there is any difference if the kid has attended PYP and MYP?  Waiting for your opinion.
ANChan59 發表於 12-2-22 00:21
回復 Christi 的帖子

Christi

30#
發表於 12-2-22 18:00 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 ANChan59 於 12-2-22 18:04 編輯
cherubic 發表於 12-2-22 13:00
ANChan59,
Would you please let us know if there is any difference if the kid has attended PYP and MY ...

Cherubic
Our family didn't consider ESF and IS years back, so I didn't have first hand experience about PYP & MYP, therefore, I am not in a position to comment on the difference PYP & MYP. My experience is limited to IBDP.

I researched in the internet a moment ago and find an article from US - Michigan State related to IB - PYP, MYP, DP and also AP. The article also explained different routes after MYP and gifted education with IBDP, quite interesting and useful to map our kids footprint in HK.

http://www.hoagiesgifted.org/ib_or_not_ib_print.htm

I just post the conclusion as follow:

Conclusion

While one size never fits allin education, the growth of IB programming in Michigan is a positive addition to the former array of educational options. For years, educators and parents alike have searched for an alternative for middle school education, sometimes viewed as the weakest link in the educational chain. The MYP program, whetherthe standard five years, as is the case in part of Bloomfield Hills, or the three-year MYP program, such as that in part of Troy, offers a newoption for middle school students to become critical, divergent thinkers and global citizens. For the ambitious, hardworking high school student, the growth of International Baccalaureate programs adds to the Advanced Placement and dual enrollment options that existed previously.

Overall, the studied and structured growth of IBO schools in Michigan should be embraced even if it is not the answer for every gifted learner. As school districts or individual schools begin the IBO certification or conversion process, it is important to remember that IBO education represents a paradigm shift from top-down education to an interactive experience with a mutual exchange of information and ideas.The key word here is “process.” As with any major institutional change, some results will be readily apparent and others will take more time, more effort and more compromise. A key factor to a smooth transition is that parents, students, teachers and administrators buy into and own the experience.

Sorry for my limited knowledge, just refer some info for your reference.

ANChan59

31#
發表於 12-2-23 10:00 |只看該作者
回復 ANChan59 的帖子

ANCHAN59,

Thanks for your input.
I have read the whole article.  It states that some people thought PYP, etc is suitable for all students of different ability.  However it does not elaborate further.  

I agree that DP is not suitable for all students because it demands a very good language ability as well as analytical skill and critical thinking.  I think these attributes are developed in early ages.  This thread is related to PYP.  Whether to go for PYP, the parents need to make decision when the kids are very young.  Those attributes required for DP may be too remote since their kids are still too young.  It means that they have to consider other factors so as to come up with an informed choice.

The students doing IB DP or MYP around me are those who have attended PYP as well.  My son is studying in PYP starting from kindergarten.  That means I do not have a first hand comparison of the difference in terms of performance in DP between

(1) Those students who have attended PYP and MYP; &
(2) Those students who have not attended PYP and MYP.

I understand your case as I have been following your tread.  Would you please ask your son (if he is willing to answer) - would he opt for PYP and/ or MYP if he could make his choice again?

Thanks.

32#
發表於 12-2-23 10:11 |只看該作者
回復 cherubic 的帖子

Haha you know my family rule. I will ask him during the weekend, he is very very busy in weekday.
I heard some feedback from a DBS Pre-IB boy came from MYP, I am not sure he came from ESF OR IS, he said that MYP provided some basic training for him in studying, and Pre-IB more focus on application which seems to be a good transition to DP.

33#
發表於 12-2-23 10:19 |只看該作者
Cherubic and ANChan59,

Thank you very much for the fruitful discussion. MYP & PYP are my concerns as well.  I also think that for schools with MYP and PYP, the student will be prepared for the mind set, presentation skill and ways to handle different problem/questions at their early age.  Thus, CKY is a good choice for  IBDP but I have a bit reservation if they can prepare their kids in the early years.

34#
發表於 12-2-23 11:47 |只看該作者
回復 chunyatmama 的帖子

You can go to ESF website and refer to the annual report, they listed out the MYP exam results. You can have a better understanding of the relationship between MYP and IBDP, like 2011 IBDP students should sit for MYP exam in 2009. But their students also sit for IGCSE, which will sharpen or dilute their IBDP results, I have no idea.
If not an accredited programs, we need to wait for the final result in IBDP.

Another parent asked me to compare the IGCSE exam results with different schools in 2011, just share with you all. BTW, its not an exhaustive list.

I guess St Paul Convent may have the best IGCSE results. I also checked the results of ESF and CKY. the results as follow:

SPCS     ESF     CKY           UK
A*+A           68.3%   54.7%                     25.5%
A*/student   4.3A*
A+/student                           4.48A+
11A+                                        1
10+A*                         10
8A*/A                      252/966

For SPCS and ESF results are referred to their 2011 annual reports, CKY based on the Media coverage.

Unquote

35#
發表於 12-2-23 11:59 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 chunyatmama 於 12-2-23 12:00 編輯

Hmmm, that's impressed. I though the result by ESF may not be that good.  While the result of CKY is a bit disappointing.  Do you have any idea if the students from CSS will sit in also IGCSE?

36#
發表於 12-2-23 12:01 |只看該作者
回復 cherubic 的帖子

Cherubic

My quick comment as highlighted in BLUE:

That means I do not have a first hand comparison of the difference in terms of performance in DP between

(1) Those students who have attended PYP and MYP; & (We need to follow the results of DSS, private, ESF and IS with accredited PYP and MYP programs.)
(2) Those students who have not attended PYP and MYP. (Like most DSS.)

I also suggest to look into more details of IBDP results & destinations, not just say 35.2 >>> international average:

1. Predicted grades
2. Actual grades
3. Electives - particularly in Chinese and English  B, Maths Studies, very easy to get 6-7
4. Offers
5. Final destinations
6. Programs

1 & 3 more difficult to provide, may not favour most schools.

ANChan59

37#
發表於 12-2-23 12:03 |只看該作者
回復 chunyatmama 的帖子

As a new school CKY with limited exam experience, the result is good and with sufficient room for improvement. The philosophy of CKY not the same as SPCS.

38#
發表於 12-2-23 12:10 |只看該作者
interesting topic !

39#
發表於 12-2-23 12:20 |只看該作者
ANChan59 發表於 12-2-23 12:03
回復 chunyatmama 的帖子

As a new school CKY with limited exam experience, the result is good and wi ...

Yes.  Fair comment.

40#
發表於 12-2-23 12:22 |只看該作者
回復 ANChan59 的帖子

Here are some year 2010 IGCSE examination statistics of other IGCSE Int'l School which found from their websites:

Year 2010A*-AA*-C
Island School58.10%92.50%
South Island52.60%91.00%
Kiangsu-Chekiang31.00%82.00%
West Island55.00%95.00%
YCIS44.00%84.00%
CKY (year 2011)47.10%92.40%

The above is quoted from other link, not yet checked
http://www.edu-kingdom.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2319781&extra=page%3D2&page=1
‹ 上一主題|下一主題