用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 在九龍區除了蔡繼有及international school,還有甚麼學 ...
查看: 7103|回覆: 43
go

在九龍區除了蔡繼有及international school,還有甚麼學校是提供IB [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 12-2-17 09:56 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
如題, please.
   7    0    0    0

醒目開學勳章

2#
發表於 12-2-17 10:16 |只看該作者
啟思小學 (私立)

醒目開學勳章

3#
發表於 12-2-17 10:20 |只看該作者
去IB網查啊
http://www.ibo.org/school/search ... p;find_schools=Find
而IB你要求是PYP Level開始或只是DP??

4#
發表於 12-2-17 10:25 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 ANChan59 於 12-2-17 11:44 編輯

回復 chunyatmama 的帖子

IBO official website of IB accredited programs
http://www.ibo.org/school/search/index.cfm?programmes=DIPLOMA&country=HK®ion=&find_schools=Find

PYP - like our primary school
MYP - Junior high
IBDP - Senior high

I guess you refer to PYP, CKY is not a PYP accredited school, only IBDP. Creative may be better, as it provides MYP and IBDP.

In HK, most DSS and private schools only offer IBDP. You better check the official website as above for correct info. So you are no need to pay for IB fee in primary and Junior high, but your kid receive "IB Approach" education. If you accept their IB approach, no problem, you make an informed decision.

You can also consider ESF for IB schools.
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

5#
發表於 12-2-17 11:07 |只看該作者
Thank you so much for your information.

6#
發表於 12-2-17 14:00 |只看該作者
今期親子王有介紹啓思

7#
發表於 12-2-19 22:33 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
簽名被屏蔽

8#
發表於 12-2-20 02:47 |只看該作者
請問行 IB 的好處是什麽?
thx
[img align=left]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f119/virgokaren/virgokaren_02.gif[/img]

9#
發表於 12-2-20 12:02 |只看該作者
回復 virgokaren 的帖子

可以考IB試?

IB 是以思考為主, 不是以記憶為主, 故此學習的模式會和傳統香港教育不同, 亦近現剛推的新高中模式.
可惜IB school 都係貴哩個最大的問題令人卻步...
其實就算不是IB 學校, 但行IB approach 我都喜歡,   
我覺得此才是大圍的trend.
如果細時開始就好些, 如果高中突轉我怕會轉不到.

10#
發表於 12-2-20 12:16 |只看該作者
reneeleung 發表於 12-2-19 22:33
蔡繼有 小學不是IB的.

So you mean they are of tranditioning mainstream approach?

11#
發表於 12-2-20 12:17 |只看該作者
HaYi 發表於 12-2-20 12:02
回復 virgokaren 的帖子

可以考IB試?

Agree!  That's why I believe the new high school syllabys in HK dosen't work.  

12#
發表於 12-2-20 12:40 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 ANChan59 於 12-2-24 19:59 編輯

回復 HaYi 的帖子

可惜IB school 都係貴哩個最大的問題令人卻步...(DSS & some private schools' fee are affordable.)

其實就算不是IB 學校, 但行IB approach 我都喜歡,   
我覺得此才是大圍的trend.
(It's a growing trend, still need further confirmation from the throughputs.
Also, the places for non-JUPAS relatively higher in coming 3-5 years relative to JUPAS (in terms of competition is lower). As more and more IB schools, the competition will be keener than JUPAS, then the trend will be changed or settled at the breakeven point.)

如果細時開始就好些, 如果高中突轉我怕會轉不到.
(Just look at LPCUWC, all changed from G10 to IBDP Yr1, the results still flying colors, even better than ESF and IS, because of the quality of intakes. SPCC and DBS provide Pre-IB to bridge the gap and harmonize with 3 yrs NSS, after a couple of years, we can compare the difference and draw a preliminary conclusion. )

I still have an impression, IB not fit every kids, some definitely gain more in "IB" environment.

13#
發表於 12-2-20 13:14 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 ANChan59 於 12-2-20 15:02 編輯
virgokaren 發表於 12-2-20 02:47
請問行 IB 的好處是什麽?
thx

For IB, I only referred to IBDP accredited programs only:

Mission & Vision
Go to the IBO official website and then LPCUWC, you can feel their mission and vision.

Teaching methods
More international focus, more interactions in class, original and critical thinking, whole person development, but demanding workload and time management.

Learner profile / attributes
Then refer to the learner profile of graduates, you can grab the outcomes or deliverables of IB diploma holders. Not all kids can master all 10 attributes......

International and local recognition
Relative to HKDSE, IBDP has 50 years history and well recognized by top universities. You can go to LPC and see their students destinations in the last 10 years.
DBS website and IB session, you can see the updated offers from different regions for a new IB accredited schools, quite amazing, 6 offers from different medical schools (3 CUHK, 2 HKU, 1 Canada), Law, BBA and Law, Arch, BBA, QFin, Engineering, Science .....

Admission
Refer to LPC, you may understand how to recruit right IB students (Apitute test - HAST, Challenge Day, Panel interview). Of course, different schools have different focus.

Studying IB, not guarantee to have good grades, if you love the curriculum and your kids can benefit from the program, the fee also within your budget, take a try.

14#
發表於 12-2-20 14:35 |只看該作者
ANChan59 發表於 12-2-20 13:14
For IB, I only referred to IBDP accredited programs only:

Mission & Vision

Thank you ANChan59 for your response and it shed some light about IB and main steam education.

And yet, LPC is not a very good bench mark for IB as they provide only 2 years IB programme for those students after the HKCEE examination and nothing more.  All the students there are all top students in HK.  My colleague's daughter got 6A last year in HKCEE from DGS and still cannot be admitted to LPC.  

I agree that for smart students, no matter under which kind of syllabus, they still can fly high.  In recent TV programme/report, it showed, however, the same answer to a mock paper being assessed by different assessors can come up with a totally different result.  I cannot imagine the making scheme of a subject 通識.  I guess it will finally become all other subjects under the same system in HK, i.e. testing the student's ability to put the words from the textbook to the exam paper.  The main reason is because most if not all the teacher of this subject and the officers in the Education Bureau are the product of local education.  I wonder if they can think beyond the frame.  No offence please.

IB is such a system stress on the ability to analyse, present and apply what a student learnt.  I still need more time to digest the context.  However, the local system is definitely different from the IB system.

What I agree with you is that not all kids can fit into the same system.  This statement applies to both the mainstream system and the IB one.  My hubby is the bad product of local education system while I am a successful one.  What a dilemmma!  Having said that we both agree that we do not want to have our kids to be enrolled into the current system in HK, if we are lucky enough to have the choice.

點評

小曳人  咁點解當初揀KV?!  發表於 12-2-21 13:14

15#
發表於 12-2-20 14:44 |只看該作者
回復 chunyatmama 的帖子

After NSS, LPC recruits students without HKCEE results as reference, they used HAST as first screening step, then Challenge Day and Interview. Also, the best HKCEE students will opt for EAS instead of LPC, think about that.

16#
發表於 12-2-20 14:50 |只看該作者
In IB, Liberal Studies equivalent to TOK & EE, it's really a great training in critical thinking, no model answers, they are using rubric instead of marking scheme to assess students' analytical and presentation skills in both oral and written formats.

My wife read a couple chapters of TOK, she surrendered......

17#
發表於 12-2-20 15:24 |只看該作者
My hubby moved to US to further study after his HKCEE long time ago.  He said the education system in US is more like the IB system.  Also, the teachers were a lot more open minded.  He still can remember he drew pictures with answers in point form in the subject of US histroy rather than writing an essay.  He got an A.  I believe it will become a zero mark or bear minimum mark for any examimnation in the local school
He could build up his confidence and be more interested in studying all the subjects, especially for language.

18#
發表於 12-2-20 15:25 |只看該作者
Education is in fact an art!  Being a parent to choose for the kids for a suitable art is even harder.

19#
發表於 12-2-20 15:31 |只看該作者
chunyatmama 發表於 12-2-20 15:25
Education is in fact an art!  Being a parent to choose for the kids for a suitable art is even harde ...
Yes, great metaphor.....

20#
發表於 12-2-21 00:49 |只看該作者
I also agree with ANChan59 that not all kids can fit into the same system, no matter IB or main stream. But I can see IB encourage students to think and analysis, that should be the critical element of learning.   

Just as Chunyatmama remind us for those schools which got IB approved, what is their teachers' quality...  They got certain training in IB but if they are locally trainned teacher,    based on the rubric but not the marking scheme will be a great challenge for them still   (?)  
‹ 上一主題|下一主題