搜索
教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 反對全日制.....
發新帖
樓主: VV媽
go

反對全日制..... [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 11-2-15 02:36 |顯示全部帖子
I always have the strong feeling that our kids are spending way too much time at the "whole day school"!!    Take for example for my young son of 6 only (P1):

Statistics:
-Get up, breakfast, school bus etc     7am
-School                                             8 am to 3pm
-School bus home, tea/rest a bit        4pm
          This is already talking about 9 hours!

-Extra activity+travelling             1.5hr                  
-Homework                               1.5hr
-Dictation/test revision               1   
          A minium 4 hours till 8pm already!

- Dinner + bath                           1            
- Musical instruments practice      0.5
          Already 9:30pm and I have to hurry my son to pack school bag, brush teeth, and go to bed by 10pm.  He only has 9 hrs sleep every night which is not enough for a 6 years old!   

It is a hugh pity that there is just no time for the most important parents and child chatting, bonding time!   

I actually knew a lawyer couple in HK whose kids are "HOME SCHOOLING" only.  They follow outside syllabus for Chin, Eng and Maths.  They get up in the morning and start their homestudy, then by noon they have already finished the whole days' work and they are free to read books, do sports, join team acty like scouts, church groups, drama, orchestra etc.  The kids are perfectly normal in terms of social skills AND they are more advanced in their studies comparing to other kids of their age in HK.  They took open exams as Cambridge Eng exams and got good grades.  I envy them so much.  They have just so much more free time to develop, to think, to enjoy life.     

I strongly suggest HK to allow home schooling!    Parents and kids too should have a choice to choose the type of education they desire.

I tried to find half day school for my son but there is just so few left now.  

For whole day schools, they SHOULD let the kids do the homework at school, and do sports, music acty instead having more drilling classes.   Poor kids of HK.

2#
發表於 11-2-17 19:46 |顯示全部帖子
The lawyer couple have Canadian passports and so do the kids.  I think they claim themselves to be Canadian rather than HK people.   
Anyway, nobody report them either!  I understand the kids will be going abroad to study (and join the schools there) in high school stage.

I really hope primary school (at least for the lower primary school P1 to 3) can have half day or shorter school hours.  If the school finishes at 2pm instead of 3 or 3:30pm, it makes a hugh difference to the kids.  They can take good rest, refresh themselves physically AND mentally before they resume the "OT" of homework and revision at home again.  

In my youth, all primary schools are half day only (just to cater for the abundant pupils in those days), now most primary schools are whole day (again just to cater for the low birth rate).  This is NOT attending to the real NEEDS of the kids.  

原帖由 Rhapsody2 於 11-2-16 00:11 發表
jkc633,

But is it illegal in HK not to let children attend school ?

3#
發表於 11-2-19 03:54 |顯示全部帖子
Agree!!!

Really wonder if there is anything we can do to let the government/schools know?  A protest?!!

Options for primary schools:
1.  Half day for all kids

2.  Half day for P1 to P3 kids
     - they are only 6,7,8 yrs old, the need REST!

3.  Full day school BUT use afternoon ONLY for:
     - extra activities as sports or music
     - doing homework  
     - leisure interests class
     - NOT for more classes!!!

4.  Home schooling to be allowed as well  

Imagine our poor little kids have to endure such long hours + OT EVERYDAY, just how can they develop well?  how can they be healthy physically and mentally??   They are our future pillars of HK!  Please join hands to protect and nuture them.

4#
發表於 11-2-22 22:16 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 25point5 於 11-2-21 15:51 發表
我建議聯署教統局, 訂立指引, 嚴禁下午授課, 下午祇可設體育, 音樂, 美術課

同意!!

現時很多小學生,尤其是初小那些,其實只得6,7,8 歲, 但也竟然要朝七晚五(因放學後才有校內活動), 回到家已累透。但可憐地還要做功課,補统練習, 默書測驗温習,練琴等 。有時更有上額外學課外活動如英文拼音,普通話,數學,鋼琴,小提琴, 游泳等等。再加上吃晚飯,洗澡時間,跟本沒有多餘時間作重要的親子活動,更莫說小朋友自己的自由時間!  香港的小朋友真可憐!!
學校下午時段應給小朋友時間:
- 做功課,温習
- 參加校內活動
  (各式運動,音樂,武術舞蹈,棋類活動等,
    讓小朋友鬆-鬆, 頭腦也更清悉!)

給小朋友正常的上學和作息時間,快樂健康的童年吧!!

5#
發表於 11-2-24 00:09 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Happie 於 11-1-24 13:36 發表
我贊成半日!  
希望校方能安排上午教學術科, 下午用來做活動就好了.  好似話最最最先的原意是這樣的, 後期各校為了鬥成績, 下午改埋教學術科, 苦了學生, 老師同家長 !!!  
我認為小學階段, 半日夠了, 應spare多d時間比佢地做各自喜歡的事.  所以最好保留半日制同全日制比唔同需要既家庭自由選擇就好lu.

The discussion is this forum also has consent on having OPTIONS for parents, not a must to change all back to half day school.  Some half day, some full day so that parents can choose what is best for their children.

6#
發表於 11-3-1 01:50 |顯示全部帖子
agree!!!

I believe parents with kids at primary school stage (especially lower primary P1,2,3) will feel how tiring it is for a young child to go to school from 7am till 4pm everyday.  

AND they can't rest after this 9 hours, instead they have to continue with various homework, dictation, test preparation..........  they just dont have enough rest for neither their mind or body.  

I pity the young kids so much.  
- 5 years old K3 only has 3 hours school a day.
- 6 years old P1 have 7 hours school a day!!!!!
  The jump is toooooooo much. They are just kids.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題