密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 名校的迷思
樓主: 619619
go

名校的迷思 [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 10-12-24 20:51 |只看該作者
I am not brought up be the education in Hong Kong.   But having raised my family here, I naturally will have a lot of chances to mix with the local family.  I am really surprised to find a lot of parents are very fond of getting their children into the 名校.  And I have been influenced by them in a certain degree.  I have been spending time to come to this forum and try to get my kid into the 名校.  But are those really good for them, I do not know.  

Currently my kids are not in the 名校, only one advantage that I found is that they have time to do some housework at home, some spare time to think.  The only thing that I do not appreciate in名校, is to strike for marks.  I understand some children need to strike a mark or two in order to get to the top% in the school or they will not be guarantee a place when they are in secondary.  I once read an article that HK children were trained to strike for mark and do not have the time to think of sth else.  I  sometimes do the same for my kids - they might ask me to give them more time to finish a story book but my answer to them is you will have a test tomorrow, but the book down and go for the revision.

But I do like the pt that 學習一:靠自己,不靠老師
If you put the smart one together, they will form a peer group among themselves and then force themselves to get a higher achievement, that is actually teamwork.  That is what I appreciate in the名校.  Now I am also lost - or maybe this generation mum and dad have been putting a lot of pressure on themselves.  We often try to fight for the best for our children but sometimes maybe a bit over react.  
I lucky enough to have some friends around me to balance me a bit - or I will drive myself crazy.

Thanks for giving space to relieve some of my tension and stress here.  

22#
發表於 11-1-5 10:55 |只看該作者

回復 18# CC5 的帖子

Thanks for your sharing, CC5. You have my thumb up!!!

This is really a good thread with lot of thoughts in a humble and generous way. Deserve continuing ....

23#
發表於 11-1-5 14:01 |只看該作者
CC5's article recharged my energy with positive thoughts !!

Thanks a lot !!
.........No worry.... Be Happy !!!  : )

24#
發表於 11-1-5 21:34 |只看該作者
Thanks for the interests and I will take it as a compliment.

25#
發表於 11-1-6 08:51 |只看該作者
Thank you so much for your kind sharing.  I love your sharing so much!!!  In btw, it also let me to refresh my mind-set in order to choose a right primary school for my son!

26#
發表於 11-1-7 09:42 |只看該作者
Well, it's a matter of what we expect from our kids' education and the schools.  Schools with long history and reputation carry an unique culture and traditional.  Do we want our kids to be part of that society?  Is the environment the place where we want the kids to grow up with? (Environment include curriculum, teachers, peers) Do we feel comfortable with the culture?

27#
發表於 11-1-7 10:19 |只看該作者
For those who are interested in the discussion on this topic, you can also visit another thread with similar theme called 名校 under 'Hot Talk' - 教育政策

標題: 周曰話題:名校

28#
發表於 11-1-7 10:55 |只看該作者
原帖由 619619 於 11-1-7 09:42 發表
Well, it's a matter of what we expect from our kids' education and the schools.  Schools with long history and reputation carry an unique culture and traditional.  Do we want our kids to be part of th ...

Below is an extract from the general information of an elite primary school:

".... Students will understand and learn to appreciate differences whilst developing their own intellectual potential.  Students become respectful and engaging members of their community, contributing and aiding their fellow citizens. ..."

In my opinion, understanding the differences is essential to balance the views on things around them in order to prepare one for the integration into the society as a whole after they graduatie from an elite school.

By accepting the differences, one should be more generous to contribute and aid our fellow citizens.

29#
發表於 11-1-7 14:55 |只看該作者
Taken from my earlier comments on another thread (入拔萃之路
), this article talks about my views regarding how important people place their emphasis on the image of the school more than anything else. Maybe, we are in an age of "New Normal". Education has become a  product or commodity that possesses in itself some sort of value regarding "branding". Choosing a school is no longer based on the fundamental needs but on the social image of the school. I think this is why there are so many differences and comparisons among various schools that have been posted on BK.

But Why?? HK education system has been evolving unknowingly from the early simple "Chinese/English" stream to  "banding system" (1,2,3 ... N) or combination of the two, and now towards "branding" which is we are all facing now. But one thing remains unchanged is that its only purpose is simply to differentiate among students as to who are eligible for higher education and who are not. By looking at our young people, what they are facing now is the high un-employment rate, at least much much higher than the reported number, 4.x%. Why? I think that there could be something wrong with what people are actually thinking about education, namely branding or image, etc, but on the actual knowledge itself. ..... Just my own observations.

30#
發表於 11-1-8 00:21 |只看該作者
原帖由 619619 於 11-1-7 09:42 發表
Well, it's a matter of what we expect from our kids' education and the schools.  Schools with long history and reputation carry an unique culture and traditional.  Do we want our kids to be part of th ...

No matter where our kids go to. The only thing we really care about is that they will end up to have their own independent thinkings and lead a good and meaningful life. Both family and school are just places to let them have a good start.

I came across a saying and hope that you find it interesting as well:

没教养的教育, 就如建筑在沙漠崧土上的美丽大厦, 等着有天塔下来....

31#
發表於 11-1-8 00:44 |只看該作者
一位大學副教授,出席他的團隊在醫學上有新突破的新聞發佈會時,結著他的中學校呔,你覺得可悲嗎?我一點也不覺得~~~

原帖由 HoHoMom 於 10-12-24 11:22 發表
Thanks. Good article.

Agree with "進了大學,就算你來自什麼中學都好,你都會發現山外有山,進入了社會,你更會發現人外有人。如果一個人畢業多年之後,仍然只滿足於他來自什麼中學或大學,那是很可悲的事。"  

Unfortunat ...

32#
發表於 11-1-8 15:03 |只看該作者
我也下覺得, 念舊無問題

33#
發表於 11-1-8 19:11 |只看該作者
我起初都有考慮想谷我個B入名校, 不過, 原來入去校要在音樂,運動,成績各方面都要拿好多獎, 所以可能改變主意. 吾知您又覺得值吾值考入名校呢?

34#
發表於 11-1-8 21:25 |只看該作者

回復 31# bobbbby 的帖子

曾俊華貴為財爺都盡量抽空o係週末返母校教劍, 正是熱愛母校o既表現...

35#
發表於 11-1-8 22:40 |只看該作者
我不明白為何會有人將熱愛母校的表現,看成是可悲的事~~~

原帖由 siufu 於 11-1-8 21:25 發表
曾俊華貴為財爺都盡量抽空o係週末返母校教劍, 正是熱愛母校o既表現...

36#
發表於 11-1-8 22:47 |只看該作者
點解有些入唔到名校的家長要狂插?
看了入拔之路的標題(已封)
慨嘆有些BK家長沒有體育或兢爭精神(又怎樣給小孩好榜樣)

樓主目的只是問成功家長教路
郤成了一些路過的現任及前前任的落選家長狂插的發洩途徑
分享成功的家長也給挑譽
難到這是香港仇富、仇商、仇成功的風氣•
此風與BK的正確分享理念背道而馳

那麽,那些路過的家長又無向下仇
只向上仇......

香港中層()就上、下都仇
(其實怨多過仇
)
香港下層就........
!!!!!

要知道知識改變命運, 不是名校也有成功的學生

今天很多所謂:有背景,有家底,有學歷,專業高薪的家長也是數十年前從低努力讀書向上爬....他們教孩子可能也有自已一套..孩子成功又有何出奇.....

永遠成功者是少少數, 失敗者是大多數..不是成功者就是失敗者或棄權者...事實中的事實

人比人真是比死人, 天外當然還有天, 人外當然還有人...這是又是事實, 為什麼勞氣

向成功的人學習才能令自已增值

家長/孩子/學生亦然......放下怨氣、努力向上!

[ 本帖最後由 Student123 於 11-1-9 22:36 編輯 ]

37#
發表於 11-1-8 23:13 |只看該作者
如果你認為所有學生考入名校前,"要在音樂,運動,成績各方面都要拿好多獎",或是考入名校後,"要在音樂,運動,成績各方面都要拿好多獎",我諗你已經將名校"神話化"~~~

原帖由 3pigmama 於 11-1-8 19:11 發表
我起初都有考慮想谷我個B入名校, 不過, 原來入去校要在音樂,運動,成績各方面都要拿好多獎, 所以可能改變主意. 吾知您又覺得值吾值考入名校呢?

38#
發表於 11-1-9 12:26 |只看該作者
又未必和甚麼仇不仇有關,我想亦有家長想share入到名小學並非成功或失敗的標準,成功都有很多定義。有家長對考不上名小學=失敗者的講法有反響,也很正常吧! 我有朋友直情唔考名校,也並非她的小朋友能力不如人,只是個個家庭的value不同吧! 但有時語言的而且磪有含意的,就算有小朋友考不上某小學,當然這是事實 (fact),但也甚少人會用失敗者這個用詞吧! 通常會說考不上或不成功,失敗者是一個很重的言詞。我想用甚麼語言也是身教的一部份,並不是逃避事實,只是尊重那些小朋友盡過的努力。正如我們不會叫有智障的小朋友為"低能" 吧!
有人認為Rolex, LV 很重要,有人對名牌無感覺,唔係right or wrong 的問題, 只是大家express唔同的value吧! 我唔覺得個個家長都眼紅成功的小朋友,我朋友的小朋友也在SPCC, DG, DB, etc,他們也是很乖的小朋友。

中國人有句說話 - 不亢不卑。

原帖由 Student123 於 11-1-8 22:47 發表
點解有些入唔到名校的家長要狂插?
看了入拔之路的標題(已封)
慨嘆有些BK家長沒有體育或兢爭精神(又怎樣給小孩好榜樣)
樓主目的只是問成功家長教路
郤成了一些路過的現任及前前任的落選家長狂插的發洩途徑
分享成功的家長 ...

39#
發表於 11-1-9 22:30 |只看該作者

回復 38# childrenfirst 的帖子

所謂言者無心,聽者有意

其實只是家長接受不了失敗者這太坦白率直的用詞,這用詞亦只不過是回敬一些撩事非的滋擾言論

家長要先教小朋友學懂失敗:原因, 怎樣面對,怎樣改善,怎樣學習別人之長處

孩子由PN,K1,K2,P1.......至高考....大學畢業試.....出社會做事....有無數的失敗經驗才能換到少數成功的結果
自古名言也說成功是從失敗中磨練出來
各BK家長自小成長也是同一歷程

不要避忌 失敗者 這用字..... 完全無貶意,只是事實的用詞
我們的港孩總不能在溫室中被家長保護至不知什麼叫失敗,要知沒AQ是很多兒童自殺的原因。
而我相信在這論譠中常有舌劍,只要不用侮辱的字眼如:低x, 白x 便無不妥

[ 本帖最後由 Student123 於 11-1-9 22:56 編輯 ]

40#
發表於 11-1-10 14:32 |只看該作者
We are lucky to be living in a free society, like HK. Choices are always available to us for different backgrounds, academic capabiliies, social status and preferences. It is up to us who make the choices for our next generation. It is a fair game indeed. During the selection process, there is no doubt that somebody wins while others fail. This is just a fact of life, not only applicable to school selection but also to job hunting, etc. We should uphold this spirit and take it positively by looking forward to our very next opportunity.

People meet unfairness anywhere and anytime. Just because of that the world have treated us fairly!

For those smart kids, wish you all the best! For those kids with less luck, please don't give up. That's life! ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題