Part I:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgZ6cdDZ6I4

Part II:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc_L17zI1mE

歡迎討論
   1    0    0    0

2#
發表於 10-10-18 00:13 |只看該作者
JoeyyeoJ, thanks SO MUCH for posting this.

To all parents: Pls watch both Part I and Part II. It takes time, but it would makes you and your kids' life better.

If you watch Part I only, you will definitely go crazy; because all of us in BK are somehow have this "competition" in mind.

But if you watch both Parts, it may change your perspective.

Also,
"劉翔不是贏在起跑線上﹐ 他是跑第3/4 的﹔他有的是鬥心"

3#
發表於 10-10-18 00:54 |只看該作者
那些鸁在起跑線上的人是不會停下來等你。 就算你有過人的後勁和鬥志, 要追回落後了的距離是何等艱難。可惜世上只有一個劉翔。但拚命訓練追趕別人的同時, 也要付出沉重代價。

原帖由 newmommy 於 10-10-18 00:13 發表

To all parents: Pls watch both Part I and Part II. It takes time, but it would makes you and your kids' life better.

If you watch Part I only, you will def ...

4#
發表於 10-10-18 01:01 |只看該作者
Fully agreed.  

My opinion is "Just give the best for your kids if you can afford. If she/he cannot bear it,  just relax and let them go.."

原帖由 k.kung 於 10-10-18 00:54 發表
那些鸁在起跑線上的人是不會停下來等你。 就算你有過人的後勁和鬥志, 要追回落後了的距離是何等艱難。可惜世上只有一個劉翔。但拚命訓練追趕別人的同時, 也要付出沉重代價。

5#
發表於 10-10-18 01:13 |只看該作者
I just wonder, who is/are responsible for creating such an environment?  Parents?  EDB?  Schools?
原帖由 newmommy 於 10-10-18 00:13 發表

If you watch Part I only, you will def ...

6#
發表於 10-10-18 01:34 |只看該作者
When I was little, I also studied and did my homework at the playground downstairs of my home.  At that time, I treasured very much of the fresh air / sunlight downstairs and I could even occupy one table / stool since I could not have those at my home - a very small, noisy and crowded place. I was very focused and enjoyed very much in studying.  The little girl in Part 2 said if she comes first in class, then she'll save up the money from scholarship and study aboard when she grows up.  That's exactly what I wished and came true in last.  Why did the "Lasalle" boy post "I don't want to go to school", pressured school-life? no more learning interest? Why? If a kid knows the objective of study and able to follow the pace of school curriculum, then there should be learning motivation and joy, no matter how tough is the studying environment.

P.S. Thomasha, I'm your big FANs, why are you still up, very late now la?

[ 本帖最後由 619619 於 10-10-18 01:47 編輯 ]

7#
發表於 10-10-18 01:41 |只看該作者
wow, FAN?  OMG, I'm flattered

It's just as late at your end...5-6 hours' sleep work for me, and my working hours are quite flexible.

When I was a primary school student, my parents gave me a lot of space and they did not force me to take any extracurricular activities, but I was told that doing homework and revising my lessons were my basic duties; I was quite obedient then, so I followed their instructions and finally graduated from a local university in reasonable grades. :)

My parents were not highly educated.  They could not help me much with my homework, so it was mostly learning by myself and by asking teachers.  The self-motivation was an important factor for me not to need much from my parents.  Let's imagine children nowadays - can they (all or most of them) achieve good grades without private tutors or personal supervision from parents?  Is self-motivation replaced by parents' pressure as the primary driving force for children's learning?

I had several occasions of "O-mouth" when I watched the videos.  Some parents think the world is all about competition; pleasure and interest should give way to achievements and awards.   Is this the value that we should be transmitting to our children, or is it a fact of life that we must back down to?
原帖由 619619 於 10-10-18 01:34 發表
When I was little, I also studied and did my homework at the playground downstairs of my home.  At that time, I treasured very much of the fresh air / sunlight downstairs and I could even occupy one t ...

[ 本帖最後由 thomasha 於 10-10-18 01:52 編輯 ]

8#
發表於 10-10-18 01:43 |只看該作者
Agreed.

換個角度想一想, "留前鬥後"是劉翔迫不得已下使用的戰略, 如果他真的有能力在起跑時就領放終點, 他還會冒險"留前"嗎?

但用劉翔作比喻, 其實並不洽當, 短跑決勝於彈指之間。 求學則更像長跑, 賽道時而平坦 、時而起伏。 參賽者除了比試速度外, 耐力也十分重要。

原帖由 ABTreasures 於 10-10-18 01:01 發表
Fully agreed.  

My opinion is "Just give the best for your kids if you can afford. If she/he cannot bear it,  just relax and let them go.."

9#
發表於 10-10-18 01:52 |只看該作者
Yes, long run.  An enjoyable journey where the kids can discover different things in life.  To be the first might not be my kid's objective but she needs to be serious in learning. Try her best, no regrets.

原帖由 k.kung 於 10-10-18 01:43 發表
Agreed.

但用劉翔作比喻, 其實並不洽當, 短跑決勝於彈指之間。 求學則更像長跑, 賽道時而平坦  ...

10#
發表於 10-10-18 02:05 |只看該作者
也許我們應該把眼光在放遠一點,不單是求學,而是整個人生成長階段。不如就反過來,用馬拉松作為例子。起步領先的跑手是否通常就是勝利者?在求學的起步來說,他們的起步點是家長安排的還是他們自己按真正的能力得來的?

家長不斷把自己的"責任"放大,卻沒有將責任感和背後的原因解釋給子女,讓他們建立應有的責任感,到最後,小孩縱有好表現,又會有多少成功感呢?
原帖由 k.kung 於 10-10-18 01:43 發表
Agreed.

但用劉翔作比喻, 其實並不洽當, 短跑決勝於彈指之間。 求學則更像長跑, 賽道時而平坦  ...

11#
發表於 10-10-18 02:11 |只看該作者
Watched the video and I kept reminding myself don't be that lasalle boy's father.  He is pushing too far. Poor kid.

12#
發表於 10-10-18 11:21 |只看該作者
好感觸 ,好多反思地方;不支持者會有他的反駁,支持者會好感觸!某些地方贊同,某些地方唔認同;贊同"直資"的增加加深貧富差距,唔認同貧女無補習(因為父母底學歷)和無課外活動會令到她上進唔到,我阿哥果代都係靠自己死讀書,無課外活動,味一樣可以上到大學,跟住脫貧.唔係人有自己無就雪底,學習係靠自己意志,無錢買課外書,去公立圖書館一樣甘多書(工具書)幫助學習,一味怨天尢人是無補於事.
對梁錦昌好佩服,有人話佢成日宣傳,但係佢真係放棄高薪厚職,實踐佢教育理念,邊個可以做到?
睇完呢個節目,個心都有D實!

醒目開學勳章

13#
發表於 10-10-18 11:34 |只看該作者
對啊
壓力能令炭成為鑽石
壓力能令人有所成長
但如果抵受不了,又怎樣?
是為了我們自己所謂好的想法加在小朋友身上?
我想,有些小朋友是喜歡或需要,站係別人前面,這是天生的性格特質
有些卻喜歡自由自在,享受學習帶來的知識
不要一概而論
給予小朋友適合的發展吧

原帖由 Sherryko9 於 10-10-18 11:21 發表
好感觸 ,好多反思地方;不支持者會有他的反駁,支持者會好感觸!某些地方贊同,某些地方唔認同;贊同"直資"的增加加深貧富差距,唔認同貧女無補習(因為父母底學歷)和無課外活動會令到她上進唔到,我阿哥果代都係靠自 ...

14#
發表於 10-10-18 11:47 |只看該作者
我都覺得讀書好睇自己意志和承受力,放諸以前和現代一樣.不過現代是多了父母的推動力和壓力,以前大多想脫貧才努加讀書(五六十年代),現代是加多左父母的虛榮感.
識有小朋友起跑時媽咪已經安排好多課外學習和活動(唉!自問自己亦是一員.....),但到中段已落後,這亦証實小朋友的承受力有幾多,並不是成功一定在於起跑快!耐力和意志亦很重要!小朋友性格和主動性同樣重要.

原帖由 ziyi 於 10-10-18 11:34 發表
對啊
壓力能令炭成為鑽石
壓力能令人有所成長
但如果抵受不了,又怎樣?
是為了我們自己所謂好的想法加在小朋友身上?
我想,有些小朋友是喜歡或需要,站係別人前面,這是天生的性格特質
有些卻喜歡自由自在,享受學習帶來 ...

15#
發表於 10-10-18 12:30 |只看該作者
當面對身邊的家長都在"谷"子女,又有多少人可以避免隨波逐流?家長們究竟會選擇當羊群裡的一頭羊,還是力排眾議,走一條可能比較冒險的路?

我給各學校的profile裡的"課外活動"部份,開宗明義地講明我們是為了小孩的均衡發展而規劃的。對於孩子興趣較濃的,我們盡量多加栽培;興趣一般的,就玩過便算。也許我們這種態度,令小兒很喜歡學習不同的東西,我們還得定期檢討,著他減少部份活動呢!
原帖由 Sherryko9 於 10-10-18 11:47 發表
我都覺得讀書好睇自己意志和承受力,放諸以前和現代一樣.不過現代是多了父母的推動力和壓力,以前大多想脫貧才努加讀書(五六十年代),現代是加多左父母的虛榮感.
識有小朋友起跑時媽咪已經安排好多課外學習和活動(唉!自 ...

16#
發表於 10-10-18 12:39 |只看該作者
Who should be responsible?

The wish that the kids could have an early start was the main drive from parents but could be understood and be forgiven.  

However, the HK SAR Government & Mr. Leung alike must be responsible for their policy in driving the society into such an unhealthy situation.  Once, I had heard a senior official slipped his tongue and said that the middle class should be thankful and make no complain because now the middle class had school vouchers, but the poor had not.

The reality was that we paid our tax to a group of disgraceful bureaucrats to make our society not only deeply divided but also a hell for the kids to live in.

Even, due to the DSS scheme, my kid can go to a relatively good school, my anger towards our government and those in power do not ease a bit.  They, the self-proclaimed elites, are not serving the society, they are just aiming for their self interest and status.  You can ask all these civil servants & our political leaders, which schools do their kids go & you can learn more about their 講一套做一套。

They apply the same philosophy to real estate policy and health insurance reform, as they are the very origin of the 官商勾結, the products of this education system fits our 大鱷们 well and fine. And please don't blame the central government in Beijing in making this mess.

Mind you, most of our elite civil servants find comfy well paid jobs from their true boss after their retirement as our humble servants.

17#
發表於 10-10-18 12:40 |只看該作者
以馬拉松作為例。起步領先的選手很多時候不只一位, 有
實力的選手們都會跑在前方最佳的擋位, 而且大家跑得很近, 等待最好時機超前對手。但絕不會留在中後方, 被其它次級選手阻擋而做成難以突圍的困局。

家長主導安排孩子學習是理所當然。 但孩子能否依照父母的安排走下去又是另一個問題。 家長可以千方百計送孩子進名校, 之後孩子要面對學校既深且快的課程, 繁重的功課, 頻密的測驗/默書和同學間之全方位競爭, 對孩子和父母的心理和能力都是很大的考驗。 一旦成績不及人, 父母又力有不逮, 只好求助於補習吹谷, 可是孩子每天不停地上課、下課, 又怎會喜歡上學。

但部份父母事前那會考慮這麼多, 只抱著進了名校以後才打算的心態。

原帖由 thomasha 於 10-10-18 02:05 發表
也許我們應該把眼光在放遠一點,不單是求學,而是整個人生成長階段。不如就反過來,用馬拉松作為例子。起步領先的跑手是否通常就是勝利者?在求學的起步來說,他們的起步點是家長安排的還是他們自己按真正的能力得來的?

家長不 ...

[ 本帖最後由 k.kung 於 10-10-18 12:47 編輯 ]

18#
發表於 10-10-18 12:58 |只看該作者
在實際的學習生涯裡,卻不會有"被其它次級選手阻擋而做成難以突圍的困局",因為每個人的學習經歷是獨立的,少有人為地被其他人阻擋的情況。

家長為子女決定起點固無可厚非,可是在決定的過程中,有多少的份量是家長本身的期望,有多少是按小孩的能力和喜好?

小孩子要有成功感,令學習興趣和鬥心得以持續,先得由訂立目標的過程開始。家長在訂立學習目標前,有否考慮孩子的能力,甚至和孩子一起訂立目標,使孩子更能自發地學習和奮鬥,達到自己有份訂立的目標?
原帖由 k.kung 於 10-10-18 12:40 發表
以馬拉松作為例。起步領先的選手很多時候不只一位, 有
實力的選手們都會跑在前方最佳的擋位, 而且大家跑得很近, 等待最好時機超前對手。但絕不會留在中後方, 被其它次級選手阻擋而做成難以突圍的困局。

家長主導安 ...

19#
發表於 10-10-18 13:13 |只看該作者
If our government change the education policy so often, it is really hard for the kids & parents to adapt it. In addition, education is one of the most important investment for our society, government shall invest more to improve the education quality.

20#
發表於 10-10-18 13:56 |只看該作者
I still haven't seen the show, coz my office has blocked "youtube".  I will take a look after work tonight........

According to all the above discussion......my feeling is that recent parents don't have "同理心".  If you were your kids, non-stop activities after school....how do you feel?  You may also be fed up of everythings, right?

Parents, pls consider your kids ability and balance of their life.  Don't push them so hard.

Result is important, but quality of life also is the major living philosophy.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題