用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 SIS vs KCIS vs Victoria vs ISF,how to choose?
查看: 16954|回覆: 51
go

SIS vs KCIS vs Victoria vs ISF,how to choose? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 10-2-8 00:41 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
PLS COMMENT, THX!
   1    0    0    0

2#
發表於 10-2-8 11:13 |只看該作者
If you don't mind 1)having a lot of (perhaps too much) school work and PRESSURE for your kid and 2) learning Chinese in simplified Chinese characters (think about the Chinese learning resources and the setting /environment of HK...), then definitely SIS is among the best!

原帖由 KELSEYLI 於 10-2-8 00:41 發表
PLS COMMENT, THX!

3#
發表於 10-2-8 15:08 |只看該作者
Actually, i do mind with lots of school works, i  hope to have a balance of international ( no homework, exam..etc) & local, that's what i am looking for ..........

4#
發表於 10-2-8 17:27 |只看該作者
My daughter is in P1 and my son PY1 in SIS.

To me, PY is really leisurely and P1 is easy stuff.
There is some school work in P1, but not a lot. My daughter has a lot of time to read and play. We feel no pressure at all.
Having said that, some parents who have high expectations for their kids will enroll them for all sorts of tuition classes. I would say that pressure, if any, comes from the parents themselves.

I have heard that there will be more schoolwork starting P3, but still no comparison to local schools.
And I do not see any problem in learning in simplified Chinese characters.
But you know your child best. The choice is yours.

原帖由 minggrace 於 10-2-8 11:13 發表
If you don't mind 1)having a lot of (perhaps too much) school work and PRESSURE for your kid and 2) learning Chinese in simplified Chinese characters (think about the Chinese learning resources and th ...

5#
發表於 10-2-8 22:42 |只看該作者
I can share that my son also in PY class. I agreed with Bibs. My son loves to go to school, we found his English improved alot after 3 months study in SIS. He's able to read paragraph after learning phonics. I guess SIS is more focus on the ground work like start with Phonics > reading scheme > homework> exam. Now I just subscribered my son in those leisure activities like drawing and swimming. He's happy...

Bibs, which class is your son?

6#
發表於 10-2-8 23:03 |只看該作者
thx all for the sharing! my first choice is SIS too, my worry is i heard that there are many homeworks from P3 and work are quite rough.(even harder than the local) I don't know if i could manage the time to handle their homework ( since i am a working mom with 2 kids)

7#
發表於 10-2-9 14:20 |只看該作者
Hi lamtsuiyee,

My son is in Mrs. Shawcross' class.

KELSEY LI,

I'm a working mom as well. We parents may feel that the work is tough in P3. But the children may not feel that way. Their foundation is very solid. Just give them a little help and that will do.

My daughter has spelling tests every week but I do not need to revise with her because of her phonics knowledge. There are regular Chinese tests and I will give her some revision if I have time. If I don't, I just let her do it on her own ability, and so far so good. Same with math.

Having said that, there are some pupils who are comparatively weak and need to attend special classes. But such classes fall within school hours and do not add too much extra pressure on the children.

Let me stress that these are only my views. Other parents may think differently.

Hope this helps. Cheers

原帖由 lamtsuiyee 於 10-2-8 22:42 發表
I can share that my son also in PY class. I agreed with Bibs. My son loves to go to school, we found his English improved alot after 3 months study in SIS. He's able to read paragraph after learning p ...

8#
發表於 10-2-9 15:15 |只看該作者
Hi Bib,

thx a lot for your advise! I am waiting for the interciew result, I hope my daughter can get in.

9#
發表於 10-2-9 21:35 |只看該作者
Hi Bib,

My son is at Ms Fan's class.. He loves his teachers very much!!  Nice to meet you!!

10#
發表於 10-2-10 10:52 |只看該作者
Hi lamtsuiyee,

Ms. Fan is very good, very experienced and loving. The children like her very much.

11#
發表於 10-2-11 11:39 |只看該作者
I am also waiting for interview result for PY1.  SIS is my first choice. ISF is nice, but they seem to be less well established (heard that they changed 5 principals within the last 2 to 3 years).  KCIS - seems very few people talk about the school in terms of academics (which SIS falls within) or a true IS (CIS, CDNIS, etc.)  I am not sure where it sits within the group of IS.

[ 本帖最後由 elmostoney 於 10-2-11 11:42 編輯 ]

12#
發表於 10-2-11 11:40 |只看該作者
kelseyli, do you know when is interview result sent?

13#
發表於 10-2-18 17:55 |只看該作者
Hi Parents,

SIS primary is our target but I wonder if they consider their own kinder students only as my child is not studying there...

Can parents share? Thanks a lot for your info.!

14#
發表於 10-2-18 22:12 |只看該作者

回覆 13# 肥騫 的文章

my kid is not studying PY of SIS and also got accepted. Did u receive the letter from the school? My kid attended the interview in late Jan and received the leter before CNY.

15#
發表於 10-2-19 09:15 |只看該作者
My son is not applying for this year but I wonder if I need to change him to SIS kinder now.

I think singaporean families would have priority but we're not and he's not studying in SIS kinder as well. That's why I have concern and want to seek some advice on that.

16#
發表於 10-2-19 17:35 |只看該作者
For those with kids at SIS, I just wonder if you encounter any "Singlish" problem with your kids?

17#
發表於 10-2-19 18:57 |只看該作者
I am a student studying in SIS. I am in P2. I went through 4 English teachers and they all spoke English well. My PY1 English teacher is a Canadian Chinese, Mrs Shawcross was my PY2 English teacher and my P1 and P2 English teachers both come from New Zealand. Occasionaly my fellow students speak "Singlish" but they are corrected by the English teachers, so I don't think it is a problem.

原帖由 Ann0805 於 10-2-19 17:35 發表
For those with kids at SIS, I just wonder if you encounter any "Singlish" problem with your kids?

18#
發表於 10-2-19 22:37 |只看該作者
原帖由 肥騫 於 10-2-19 09:15 發表
My son is not applying for this year but I wonder if I need to change him to SIS kinder now.

I think singaporean families would have priority but we're not and he's not studying in SIS kinder as well ...

If you are serious about getting into SIS, it may be worthwhile to start applying as early as possible.   From my observation, many of the vacancies available during the year are filled by students with Singapore background.

19#
發表於 10-2-22 09:08 |只看該作者
Thanks for your advice. I'm serious about that.

Sometimes, I wonder if students from HK can get along with those from Sing. Or they would separate into two groups??

How about parents group also? Are there any communication problems among them?

20#
發表於 10-2-22 17:49 |只看該作者
Hi, 肥騫,

I remember you  have confirmed the offer with SWESF.

If I were you, I will apply PY1 of SIS if you target is SIS primary section, since most of the students in P1 are from PY2. But if your targer is ESF primary, you'd better stay with ESF kinder. For your information, my daughter studied in SIS from PY1 to PY2, we applied ESF P1 and were not offered an interview until she was nearly 7 years old.

regards,
gogocat

原帖由 肥騫 於 10-2-22 09:08 發表
Thanks for your advice. I'm serious about that.

Sometimes, I wonder if students from HK can get along with those from Sing. Or they would separate into two groups??

How about parents group also? Ar ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題