搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Anfiled Pre-K Class 2010 acceptance
發新帖
查看: 2536|回覆: 17
go

Anfiled Pre-K Class 2010 acceptance [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-12-10 00:47 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Any 2008 babies being accepted and confirm PRE-K at Anfield?

My daughter is accpeted and will attend PRE-K at Anfield this coming Sep.
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 09-12-10 10:46 |只看該作者

回覆 1# rach_mama 的文章

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

3#
發表於 09-12-11 00:28 |只看該作者
My daughter is accepted for PRE-K at Kowloon Tong Campus. They have afternoon session for pre-K program. Since we have been here at Kowloon Tong since toddlerobics, we prefer Kowloon Tong campus even for K1 after PRE-K...

Are you attending Whampao campus?

4#
發表於 09-12-11 00:38 |只看該作者

回覆 3# rach_mama 的文章

5#
發表於 09-12-11 08:41 |只看該作者

Anfield

I trust no matter which campus your child enter, Anfield is really a very good school for you to put your child enter ...

6#
發表於 09-12-11 12:50 |只看該作者
I also applied but this week I am not in HK.  Did school call or mail to you about acceptance?

What's the future path like P1 you would choose?  Int'l school also?  I like Anfield too.

7#
發表於 09-12-12 00:03 |只看該作者

回覆 6# 0210 的文章

8#
發表於 09-12-13 23:20 |只看該作者
I received my acceptance letter 2 weeks ago and deadline for paying debenture was 12/11 ...so I paid when my daughter attended last week playgroup....

Regarding P1 pathway, i believe all of us who choose Anfield are planning for IS since there is  no cantonese in this school where I think it will be just too hard for our kid to switch back to local stream...

that's the whole thing about choosing IS path...it's kind of one way route where it's really hard for us to switch them back to local stream...all we can do is to believe what we believe is the best for our kid

I saw there was another thread about the furstration of a mum...all her friends are sending kids to local / DSS ...she started to doubt what she decided for her child...

9#
發表於 09-12-13 23:21 |只看該作者
Luckily, we have a group of mommies here who can support each other no matter black sheep we are among these ppl around us in our daily life.

10#
發表於 09-12-14 00:08 |只看該作者

回覆 9# rach_mama 的文章

11#
發表於 09-12-14 22:07 |只看該作者
hello, I just return to Hk and also receive the Anfield preK + K1(but PM) confimation letter, but it did not say any deadline for the debenture.  

I like Anfield but my own thought is still encourage my son to interview more kinders. next year so that he can have more choices at kinder too.  Indeed I also got YC confirmation but seem Anfield is more stronger on languages training, what do you think?

12#
發表於 09-12-15 09:57 |只看該作者
Anfield:
  • my son studied the KLN Tong playgroup for a few months.
  • focuses mainly on English (very limited Putonghua, and no Cantonese)
  • with good discipline training
  • classes are well-organised
  • we love the school, while we understands that it targets for international schools only

Yew Chung:
  • my son is now studying at YC
  • Both English and Cantonese
  • Discipline is fine, but a bite loose (as compared with Anfield)
  • Teachers are very caring and nice
  • We love the school as well. YC provides one more feasibility to switch to local schools (since we want to observe my son’s character for one more year)

13#
發表於 09-12-15 22:15 |只看該作者
hello rach mama,

i'm so glad to see your posts here... i'm samson's mom. he will be also joining the PRE-K starting from sep 10... it's great that they can be classmates again... will your girl going for any playgroup / prep programs too? samson will start to take 5 days playgroup from next term onwards. he really likes the schooll a lot and the teachers are very caring...

as for K1, i still haven't decided for him yet. i would like to apply a few good local Kinder for him and see whether he will be accepted first. however, deep down inside, i would prefer him to go for local school as i think chinese is very important... very hard and tough to decide...

14#
發表於 09-12-16 00:29 |只看該作者
I checked with the Admin office. Basically, PRE-K cirriculum is same as pre-program. But, the syllabus is different. PRE-K is majorly for those "BIG Baby" who are mature enough to handle more than those small Baby and yet is not "qualified" for enrolling K1 due to the year of born limitation. PRE-K program is pretty close K1.

Whereas, prep program is for small B of the year and the big baby of the next year.

But, I have no idea why they have nursery at Whampao and Pre-K at kowloon tong.

Regaridng the question of debenture, PRE-K program is under the kinder program where they consider it as part of K1 . Therefore, there is debenture.

原帖由 cuteb 於 09-12-14 00:08 發表
Is the pre-k=Prep programme?
I am just wondering why you needed to pay the debenture and I thought only Nursery needs to pay it.
Do they have Nursery in Kowloon Tong campus?

15#
發表於 09-12-16 00:39 |只看該作者
Hi snoopy1013,

I am so glad to see you here too. I wa guessing one of us here must be Samson's mom as I remembered you talked about the forum at BK before.

Regarding your struggle, it's really depends on what kind of study enviroment and pressure that you're for your kid. Local stream and IS are 2 different things from any prospectives. My intention is to have my daughter learn in a happy enviroment. I was brought up in a traditional education system where I had enoguh pressure on those homewor, projects and test. I just don't want my daughter experience the same thing.

Besides, as a working mom, I don't think I can manage the amount of homework that most of local school giving to the kid. Time and pressure at local stream especially those famous one are my concern. That's why I gave local stream up since my daughter was born....

But, the IS path is not easy either....sometime we may feel lonely at IS path as it's not the majority choice of ppl around us in daily life. However, you will find the competition of IS is getting really keen these years too....

原帖由 snoopy1013 於 09-12-15 22:15 發表
hello rach mama,

i'm so glad to see your posts here... i'm samson's mom. he will be also joining the PRE-K starting from sep 10... it's great that they can be classmates again... will your girl going ...

16#
發表於 09-12-17 21:28 |只看該作者
hi rach mama,

i posted a message here prior but it didn't show up at all... very strange... anyhow, i understood how you think about the local educational system. that's what i've been struggling as well. i do have friends that they send their kids to IS and whereas some who send their kids to local schools... both have pros and cons... since my boy is a big boy, i still have a bit more time to make the final call...  like your girl, they won't be going to pre-k until sep 2010... almost another 9 months to think about applying for local kindas or not.

i will most probably see you soon in the prep class when our kids reach 2 years and 3 months old...

17#
發表於 09-12-20 23:47 |只看該作者
I am sending my daughter to PRE-Program as soon as she meets the age requirement. See you then !

18#
發表於 09-12-27 23:28 |只看該作者
Hello can all help me solve my question now -

I like Anfield an also they accepted my son in pre K then K1.  However, my final plan is to apply other local kinders (like St Cat) by next year because I hope to put my son to those Po Leung Kuk series of schools with English & mandarin as medium of instruction.  

So, do you think I should give up Anfield's offer now or put my son to study pre K first ?  If I give up, I have to wait for interview at Victoria or LH or Keenmind in March.  There might be scenario that these 3 do not accept my kid, I will have Yew Chung as backup.

My struggle is, I like Anfield and hoping he learns more English and Mandarin at pre K then switch to other kinders.  I am not sure that's a sensible idea.  So I welcome everyone's comment here.  Many thanks
‹ 上一主題|下一主題