用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 嘉諾撒聖心幼稚園 報聖心前的一堆問題(特別邀請iantsang解答) ...
查看: 6843|回覆: 54
go

報聖心前的一堆問題(特別邀請iantsang解答) [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-11-30 16:55 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
iantsang, 請教你以下問題~

第一,我同你一樣都係住青衣(我住VILLA), 想問一問小朋友對長途車的反應係點?有hard feeling 嗎?
第二, 每日大約幾點上車?車費幾錢?
第三, 我知各下之女女是下午班, 想問下午班係吾係姐係UK班,以英文為主?跟上午班分別大嗎?
第四, 如果幼稚園上小學...我知am 係100%, 但如果博pm 既機會大嗎?我們都不是net 11....如果我一心博PM, 最後會否PM吾收, AM又錯過了?(我是絕對一心一意)
第五, 小學PM 5年及6年級是全日制, 姐係根AM一同上學?
第六, 姐姐入了聖心幼, 妹妹的機會大嗎?如果姐姐入了聖小PM, 妹妹係吾係100%?如果AM就要睇運氣, right?

[ 本帖最後由 珈珈mama 於 09-11-30 16:57 編輯 ]
   1    0    0    1

醒目開學勳章

2#
發表於 09-11-30 22:46 |只看該作者
Hi 珈珈mama,please find my responses to your queries as below:

==> Good question actually and the answer is 'yes'.  My daughter (her nickname is also 珈珈!!!) did complain about the long travel!!!  In September, we had two options to go to SHCK, (1) take Mrs. Cheung's nanny bus or (2) my wife is not working so she takes her to Hong Kong station and change to school bus.  We used option (2) since the idea was to spend more time with the daughter so she can share school experience with one of the parent as soon as she get off from school.  Moreover, originally nanny bus take long time (over 1 hour) to reach Tsing Yi so we couldn't consider it.  However, I can tell you Mrs. Cheung has arranged a Tsing Yi route direct to SHCK for pm classes students thanks to the efforts of my neighbour.  The travel time is less than 30mins now to take nanny bus.  But we stay with option (2) since after 1month of complaining, my daughter has get used to it and she prefers to have her mom during the travel as much as possible.

第二, 每日大約幾點上車?車費幾錢?

==> The nanny bus costs is $2300 per month, expensive since taking West Harbour tunnel to speedup.  The pickup point is the Tsing Yi MTR station and go straight to SHCK at 12:15pm.

We are still using MTR + school bus so the total costs is around the same actually (Adults MTR 2 roundtrip, child MTR 1 round trip + school bus of 630).

第三, 我知各下之女女是下午班, 想問下午班係吾係姐係UK班,以英文為主?跟上午班分別大嗎?

==> UK means 'Upper Kindergarten', i.e. K3, where LK = K2 and NC = K1.  AM and PM classes are the same.

第四, 如果幼稚園上小學...我知am 係100%, 但如果博pm 既機會大嗎?我們都不是net 11....如果我一心博PM, 最後會否PM吾收, AM又錯過了?(我是絕對一心一意)

==> Basically you won't miss AM since the deposit for AM primary will be paid in early K3 so you can reserved the place first.  From the parents around, I know if you are 一心一意 then should be no problem to get into PM even not in net 11.  The key here is, Sacred Heart prefers to accept their own students so that the values they have taught them can be maintained.

第五, 小學PM 5年及6年級是全日制, 姐係根AM一同上學?

==> Physically yes, but not the same time schedule, but in the same building the same time.

第六, 姐姐入了聖心幼, 妹妹的機會大嗎?如果姐姐入了聖小PM, 妹妹係吾係100%?如果AM就要睇運氣, right?

==> I think you are asking both kindergarten and primary school the same time here.  For kindergarten, I think the younger sister has better chance if the elder sister is studying in SHCK, cannot say 100% but very high chance.  For PM primary, then younger sister is 100% based on the allocation system.  For AM primary, if you are SHCK students, then you are guaranteed.

Ian

原帖由 珈珈mama 於 09-11-30 16:55 發表
iantsang, 請教你以下問題~

第二, 每日大約幾點上車?車費幾錢?
第三, 我知各下之女女是下午班, 想問下午班係吾係姐 ...

[ 本帖最後由 iantsang 於 09-11-30 22:47 編輯 ]

3#
發表於 09-12-1 00:54 |只看該作者

回覆 2# iantsang 的文章

iantsang , 真係吾該哂你.....
如果車程要一小時, 我想我都會選option 2, 請問option 2 起邊上車?另外你太太係吾係stay 起中環until 你個女放學?
如果係am 係吾係仍然係要over 1 hour? 如果係, 我可能會報pm..
另外, 請問係吾係可以先交聖心小am 既留位費...再在大抽獎時博pm?

其實山長水遠要小朋友返學, 隨左要選擇學校外, 更重要係要搵一班好既家長, 見倒iantsang 你既無私既幫忙, 令我更希望可以小朋友能入聖心....見倒最近其他家長既罵戰..感到有點無奈

[ 本帖最後由 珈珈mama 於 09-12-1 01:05 編輯 ]

醒目開學勳章

4#
發表於 09-12-1 08:48 |只看該作者
My wife thought of staying in Central but it is quite long.  The class time of SHCK is 3.5 hours, plus they need the children to arrive about 30 mins before class start so my daughter spends 4 hours at SHCK each day.  So my wife will come back home and play with the young one a bit and go out again.

It seems AM take slightly less time but I didn't pay too much attention due to the sleeping pattern of my daughter.  8:25am to start class is just impossible for her, so I have not  considered AM class.  But I think you don't need to worry about this now.  There are plenty of SHCK students on the same route either AM or PM so it can be arranged.

Concerning the primary school allocation, I believe what you said should be correct.  I can't be very sure because I stop researching further as I realize once your daughter is a SHCK girl, she is part of this big family already.  If you are really sincere on studying at SHCSPS(am) or SHCS(pm), the school will help you.  This is the critical reason why I choose to let my daughter study at SHCK, as I believe the educators here cares about the development of the children more than the welfare of themselves (e.g. reputation).  Once you realize and treasure this value, then it becomes very clear this is the ONLY kindergarten you would want your daughter to attend.

Good luck to you!

Ian

p.s. "見倒最近其他家長既罵戰..感到有點無奈" <-- this happen all the time and the importance is to make sure you read the factual information only and try to ignore the personal comments (e.g. those that I just made hahaha)  btw, which arguments you are referring to?  threads related to GH?

原帖由 珈珈mama 於 09-12-1 00:54 發表
iantsang , 真係吾該哂你.....
如果車程要一小時, 我想我都會選option 2, 請問option 2 起邊上車?另外你太太係吾係stay 起中環until 你個女放學?
如果係am 係吾係仍然係要over 1 hour? 如果係, 我可能會報pm..
另外, ...

5#
發表於 09-12-1 13:07 |只看該作者
FOR YOUR REFERENCE.
上晝班, 由青衣出發搭NANNY BUS 大約7:20-7:25上車, 8:15-8:20番到學校, 行西隧, 每月$2000
[img][/img]

醒目開學勳章

6#
發表於 09-12-1 13:10 |只看該作者
Thanks a lot Rebecca for the information!  Is Audrey taking the nanny bus?

Haven't talked for a long time, how's Audrey enjoying the life at SHCK?

Ian

原帖由 rebeccaloky 於 09-12-1 13:07 發表
FOR YOUR REFERENCE.
上晝班, 由青衣出發搭NANNY BUS 大約7:20-7:25上車, 8:15-8:20番到學校, 行西隧, 每月$2000

7#
發表於 09-12-1 14:10 |只看該作者
Audrey搭緊nanny bus, 都ok, 7個小朋友好開心, 日日放學好似開party!
hehe, 我估佢都鍾意聖心生活, 不過近日總提住舊nursery, 好似好掛住咁, 又叫我帶佢搵老師, 可能依家嚴d, 唔係你想點就點, 以前喊老師會抱你, 依家.........唔會咁做啦! 聖心d課程我so far都好滿意, 雖然都叫多親子功課, 工作紙咁, 但step by step, 都唔算好push! 你囡囡點呀?

原帖由 iantsang 於 09-12-1 13:10 發表
Thanks a lot Rebecca for the information!  Is Audrey taking the nanny bus?

Haven't talked for a long time, how's Audrey enjoying the life at SHCK?

Ian

[ 本帖最後由 rebeccaloky 於 09-12-1 14:11 編輯 ]
[img][/img]

醒目開學勳章

8#
發表於 09-12-1 15:54 |只看該作者
Hi Rebecca,

It's good to know that Audrey is quite happy on traveling on the nanny bus.  Shannon also has a lot of fun to school during her MTR trip and school bus since she has other UK girls and her NCB classmate taking the MTR together at Tsing Yi and Olympics station.  They always use the area underneath the Central post office to play group game while waiting for the school bus.

So far I am very happy with the kindergarten.  Shannon loves going to school a lot and her cousin asked her one day if she rather has a day off for Disneyland or going to school and she would rather choose to go to school first then go to Disneyland later (she is not stupid at all!).

Concerning the home assignments, I notice there are more to do every night but they are not difficult to do.  Shannon always want to finish her homework first before she would do anything else so at least I can feel she is interested to complete them, sometimes too eager!

Great to chat again!  Have you started thinking about primary school yet?  Hope can meet Audrey and others later in primary school!

Ian

原帖由 rebeccaloky 於 09-12-1 14:10 發表
Audrey搭緊nanny bus, 都ok, 7個小朋友好開心, 日日放學好似開party!
hehe, 我估佢都鍾意聖心生活, 不過近日總提住舊nursery, 好似好掛住咁, 又叫我帶佢搵老師, 可能依家嚴d, 唔係你想點就點, 以前喊老師會抱你, 依 ...

9#
發表於 09-12-1 17:36 |只看該作者
Hi Ian,

I forgot whether I ask you before. May I know the English teacher is not Indian now?

醒目開學勳章

10#
發表於 09-12-1 18:06 |只看該作者
Hi, I think I may have answered this.  The Indian teacher is still here and there are also three more English teachers.

原帖由 花花公仔 於 09-12-1 17:36 發表
Hi Ian,

I forgot whether I ask you before. May I know the English teacher is not Indian now?

醒目開學勳章

11#
發表於 09-12-1 18:31 |只看該作者
this is the result we kept asking for, we requested pure english intonation and not too indian style, SHCK changed much in recruiting new NET!
原帖由 iantsang 於 09-12-1 18:06 發表
Hi, I think I may have answered this.  The Indian teacher is still here and there are also three more English teachers.

12#
發表於 09-12-1 18:34 |只看該作者
係呀, AUDREY都好鍾意做功課, 簡簡單單, 唔太難, 老師O係學校已經教左佢地自己點做, 所以番黎都好容易HANDLE!
小學未諗呀, 一心都諗住讀SH, 所以唔想煩住, HEHE, 我真係好懶!
依家Shannon有無TAKE COURSE AR, AUDREY自己CHOOSE左PHONICS, DRAWING & BALLET, 呢個禮拜開始上TOM LEE, 有時覺得好多, 不過AUDERY唔肯GIVE UP, SO LET HER PLAY LA!

原帖由 iantsang 於 09-12-1 15:54 發表
Hi Rebecca,

It's good to know that Audrey is quite happy on traveling on the nanny bus.  Shannon also has a lot of fun to school during her MTR trip and school bus since she has other UK girls and h ...
[img][/img]

醒目開學勳章

13#
發表於 09-12-1 21:25 |只看該作者
hehe, I am also not thinking about any other primary school.  But lately because of my involvement in PTA, so started to consider whether to target for AM or PM primary only.  I think at the end will choose AM primary anyway.

Shannon started to take courses in the summer because of the early summer holiday.  She likes to draw so originally we let her try Opus1.  She enjoyed it very much but the class schedule doesn't fit the school schedule so cannot continue.  Now she is taking the drawing class at our clubhouse and she is happy with it.  Audrey is going to start Music Wonderland at Tom Lee?  Shannon also started last month, but we both think it is too simple and not much fun.  Will see for 1-2 more months and decide whether to continue.

原帖由 rebeccaloky 於 09-12-1 18:34 發表
係呀, AUDREY都好鍾意做功課, 簡簡單單, 唔太難, 老師O係學校已經教左佢地自己點做, 所以番黎都好容易HANDLE!
小學未諗呀, 一心都諗住讀SH, 所以唔想煩住, HEHE, 我真係好懶!
依家Shannon有無TAKE COURSE AR, AUDREY ...

14#
發表於 09-12-1 21:41 |只看該作者
rebeccaloky, thx very much for your references,我想問,上晝班, 由青衣出發搭NANNY BUS 大約7:20-7:25上車, 咁放學既pick up 時間又係幾點?
下午班既返學放學上落車時間又係幾黠??thx

醒目開學勳章

15#
發表於 09-12-1 21:52 |只看該作者
Thanks to SHCK parents like candietweety, the curriculum and teaching staff can be constantly improving since SHCK welcomes inputs from parents and we have quite heavy involvement in PTA.  This is also why I think SHCK is more open since PTA can be an headache for the school administration so not many kindergartens have PTA.  With my latest involvement in the PTA, I can feel a very warm welcome from the school management to listen to our ideas.  Of course, we shouldn't expect them to put in place all the inputs since these things are always easy to say, but difficult to put in actions.  We must trust the school are trying their best since there are plenty of complications running a school.

原帖由 candietweety 於 09-12-1 18:31 發表
this is the result we kept asking for, we requested pure english intonation and not too indian style, SHCK changed much in recruiting new NET!

醒目開學勳章

16#
發表於 09-12-1 21:54 |只看該作者
For the PM nanny bus route for Tsing Yi, pick up time is 12:15pm at MTR station and reaches school around 12:45pm.  Then leave school around 5pm and reaches Tsing Yi MTR station around 5:20 to 5:25pm.

原帖由 珈珈mama 於 09-12-1 21:41 發表
rebeccaloky, thx very much for your references,我想問,上晝班, 由青衣出發搭NANNY BUS 大約7:20-7:25上車, 咁放學既pick up 時間又係幾點?
下午班既返學放學上落車時間又係幾黠??thx ...

17#
發表於 09-12-2 09:08 |只看該作者
上晝班大約番到青衣12:45-1:00, 其實同番kowloon tong差唔多, so far囡囡都好enjoy nanny bus生活!

原帖由 珈珈mama 於 09-12-1 21:41 發表
下午班既返學放學上落車時間又係幾黠??thx ...
[img][/img]

18#
發表於 09-12-2 09:17 |只看該作者
Tom Lee我都係今個禮拜六先開始第一堂, 聽人講都話麻麻地, 不過wait左咁耐都試下, 到時再consider la!
係喎! 你入左PTA為我地服務, hehe! 真係要讚下PTA, 噙日收到你地MINUTES, 好詳細, 好透明, AT LEAST等我地知道攪緊咩東東, THANKS A LOT!
你有無報到LANGUGE TREE, 我朋友話非常麻麻, 一黎好多人, 根本CONTROL唔到, 好混亂, 佢想同學校反映, 但唔知同邊個講, 唯有同自己班老師講,但都係咁!  佢最初諗學校CHOOSE得, 應該OK, 但事實唔係, 仲好DISAPPOINTED!

原帖由 iantsang 於 09-12-1 21:25 發表
hehe, I am also not thinking about any other primary school.  But lately because of my involvement in PTA, so started to consider whether to target for AM or PM primary only.  I think at the end will  ...
[img][/img]

醒目開學勳章

19#
發表於 09-12-2 10:11 |只看該作者
hehe, same lar.  We also waited for over 1 year so even though I feel the Music Wonderland at Tom Lee is not very good, will try for 1-2 more months and see.

I think I like the kindergarten even more after joining the PTA as we have the chance to communicate with the school more often concerning various matters about the kindergarten.  They are also very open and can feel they are really doing things for the children.

What is Language Tree?  Is it the weekend English course at school?  Since those are outsourced, I think the school has little control over it.  

原帖由 rebeccaloky 於 09-12-2 09:17 發表
Tom Lee我都係今個禮拜六先開始第一堂, 聽人講都話麻麻地, 不過wait左咁耐都試下, 到時再consider la!
係喎! 你入左PTA為我地服務, hehe! 真係要讚下PTA, 噙日收到你地MINUTES, 好詳細, 好透明, AT LEAST等我地知道 ...

20#
發表於 09-12-2 13:50 |只看該作者
係呀, 星期六 o係學校上, 其實我覺得學校都有d責任monitor下, 話晒學校活動ma, 估唔到又咁唔得, 最初我都諗, 學校choose得必屬佳品, e家好彩抽唔到, haha!

原帖由 iantsang 於 09-12-2 10:11 發表
hehe, same lar.  We also waited for over 1 year so even though I feel the Music Wonderland at Tom Lee is not very good, will try for 1-2 more months and see.

I think I like the kindergarten even more ...
[img][/img]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題