發表於 09-11-10 10:31 |只看該作者
seems they are using Primary One and not Grade One to decribe the course:

[size=+3]Application For Admission to[size=+1]
[size=+2]Primary One (2010 - 2011)

22#
發表於 09-11-10 10:53 |只看該作者
We "would" like to request, not we "could" like to request

原帖由 hui3328 於 09-11-10 09:58 發表
I am not an expert in English, but I could spot many awkward expressions in the letter of offer posted by another parent.

"Delay in doing so would be considered your willful forfeiture of the offer w ...

23#
發表於 09-11-10 11:19 |只看該作者

後果

原帖由 monkeydog 於 09-11-10 10:53 發表
We "would" like to request, not we "could" like to request

所謂的信件如果不是真的,法律後果會很嚴重。

24#
發表於 09-11-10 11:44 |只看該作者
Timmami, why did you question about fsforth's trustworthiness earlier?? Now that she has proved that her child got accepted, I think you owe her an apology.

Yes, I agree it's a bad letter. Not sure whether fsforth has misspell the word from "would" to "could".  Anyway, the letter's tone is unfriendly and not courteous.  As someone mentioned, the word wilful has been misused.  The head has made a fool of herself. quite embarassing really.
原帖由 Timmami 於 09-11-10 11:19 發表

所謂的信件如果不是真的,法律後果會很嚴重。

25#
發表於 09-11-10 11:47 |只看該作者
The letter should be re-phrased as follows:

Congratulations! We are pleased to offer you admission to the Primary one of XXX School. Please confirm your acceptance of this offer by paying the deposit fee at our school on the designated date. This will secure your place in our Primary 1.

If you do not register and settle your payment on the designated date, we will forfeit your offer and transfer it to other students in our waiting list.

On behalf of XXX School, I would like to extend our warm welcome and best wishes for your success. We appreciate your interest in XXX School and hope you share our enthusiasm about your future at XXX School.

26#
發表於 09-11-10 12:03 |只看該作者

Apology For What ?

原帖由 ThePrincipal 於 09-11-10 11:44 發表
Timmami, why did you question about fsforth's trustworthiness earlier?? Now that she has proved that her child got accepted, I think you owe her an apology.

Yes, I agree it's a bad letter. Not sure w ...

What's your feeling in the moral and legal side when you find that some people is writing your so called " bad letter " in the name of other party.  Do you think that it should be warmly welcomed/highly appreciated ?  In my opnion, it is at least very serious in the legal sides.

27#
發表於 09-11-10 12:04 |只看該作者
原帖由 ThePrincipal 於 09-11-10 11:44 發表

Yes, I agree it's a bad letter. Not sure w ...

不需要道歉咁嚴重, 我英文都唔係好好, 封信有咩字, 我就照打番出來, 多謝Timmami 提醒我假信既可能性, 如果封信係假既, 我都係受害者, Anyway, 23 Nov 去交 $ 時就知係唔係比人整古!

我都唔會因為封信寫得怪而唔入呢間學校, 因為暫時它是我手上3個 offer 中 最好既.

28#
發表於 09-11-10 12:11 |只看該作者

回覆 15# fsforth 的文章

kinda rude letter and very chinese-english.  the principal is trying to use several vocabulary words to showoff her english capability.  i had my hubby to read thru this letter and he just laughed his head off.  the last sentence has committed a serious error-run-on sentence. ummm, top english school, starts to lose confidence.

29#
發表於 09-11-10 12:14 |只看該作者
Honestly no need to argue the language within the letter. There are many mom who are waiting to see the letter urgently but still have no chance. If the school cannot provide such comfort to you, then better not to go and do the registration. Leave the space to those who really loves the school.

Sure that certain of you are very lucky one that you have the 2nd into to all famous schools. I am sure that you all will get the school at your wish.
Work hard moms!

30#
發表於 09-11-10 12:15 |只看該作者
I'm not talking about the letter fsforth has typed. I'm tallking about the way you go around questioning the truefulness of her statements earliler. Remember you said "how can we trust you......"?? You misinterpreted her statement and questioned her credibility, didn't you?? And in response to your remarks, I asked you politely to justify your assertion but you didn't have the courtesy to do you. So do you stand by what you said about fsforth and another member in this thread??
原帖由 Timmami 於 09-11-10 12:03 發表

What's your feeling in the moral and legal side when you find that some people is writing your so called " bad letter " in the name of other party.  Do you think that it should be warmly welcomed/hi ...

31#
發表於 09-11-10 12:21 |只看該作者
原帖由 fsforth 於 09-11-10 12:04 發表

不需要道歉咁嚴重, 我英文都唔係好好, 封信有咩字, 我就照打番出來, 多謝Timmami 提醒我假信既可能性, 如果封信係假既, 我都係受害者, Anyway, 23 Nov 去交 $ 時就知係唔係比人整古!

我都唔會因為封信寫得怪而唔 ...

My English and Chinese are both not so good, but I understand that when I use other party's name to write something and send it to publics, we should be very careful, according to the laws in Hong Kong.

32#
發表於 09-11-10 12:44 |只看該作者
From all the conversations in this thread, fsforth
mentioned the receiving of St. Stephen's offer and the sharing of the acceptance letter. Why you insist fsforth is making a story here?

Appreciate if you could share with us your evidences to support your doubt. If you think it is fake by your own gut feeling, just ignore this thread.

原帖由 Timmami 於 09-11-10 12:21 發表

My English and Chinese are both not so good, but I understand that when I use other party's name to write something and send it to publics, we should be very careful, according to the laws in Hong K ...

33#
發表於 09-11-10 12:50 |只看該作者

Clarify

原帖由 tiksilong 於 09-11-10 12:44 發表
From all the conversations in this thread, fsforth
mentioned the receiving of St. Stephen's offer and the sharing of the acceptance letter. Why you insist fsforth is making a story here?

Appreciate ...

First of all, " fsforth is making a story here " are not from my mouth.

Secondly, it is my civil freedom and obligation to mention some legal points.

34#
發表於 09-11-10 13:58 |只看該作者
原帖由 Timmami 於 09-11-10 12:50 發表

First of all, " fsforth is making a story here " are not from my mouth.

Secondly, it is my civil freedom and obligation to mention some legal points.

Dear Timmami,

明明係你誤解(睇唔明)fsforth的文章,仲要qoute 錯shirlyn5(佢話末收到)的意思,連續二次誤解人的msg,我諗你好重主觀,樓主都話唔洗你say sorry(好有大將之風),你就收筆啦。
而家又話封信有問題,又話又legal right,
我話樓主要追究有人曲解佢的文章,抹黑佢就真,人家個小朋友咁叻,應該恭喜人,唔好做D無為嘢,我哋班媽咪家長已經好赲架啦!唔好再煩啦 please!

35#
發表於 09-11-10 14:15 |只看該作者
fsforth,

舊年,我都收到這封信,我們一家看了5-6次,恐怕是假。
囝囝咁細4歲幾都收, call 啲friend,又冇人收到信。
老公叫,學校收咗cheque, 即call 佢.
到迎新日,見到學校咁靚,就知道是天父安排。怪不得咁多朋友,叫我repeat K3, 考 SPCCPS. 俾個位佢 D waiting list。

最好是不用煩中學,收到92%。
恭喜恭喜!

原帖由 fsforth 於 09-11-10 12:04 發表

我都唔會因為封信寫得怪而唔 ...

[ 本帖最後由 Jack0128 於 09-11-10 14:22 編輯 ]

36#
發表於 09-11-10 14:16 |只看該作者

Can I have some doubts on some information ?

原帖由 makmak615 於 09-11-10 13:58 發表

Dear Timmami,

明明係你誤解(睇唔明)fsforth的文章,仲要qoute 錯shirlyn5(佢話末收到)的意思,連續二次誤解人的msg,我諗你好重主觀,樓主都話唔洗你say sorry(好有大將之風),你就收筆啦。
而家又話封信有問題,又話又legal ri ...

In my opinion, when some people have doubts on some information, it is very normal for them to express their doubts.  I wonder whether you always believe what you hear and see ?

37#
發表於 09-11-10 14:22 |只看該作者
原帖由 Jack0128 於 09-11-10 14:15 發表
fsforth,

舊年,我都收到這封信,我們一家看了5-6次,恐怕是假。
囝囝咁細4歲幾都收, call 啲friend,又冇人收到信。
老公叫,學校收咗cheque, 即call 佢.
到迎新日,見到學校咁靚,就知道是天父安排。怪不得咁多朋友,叫我repeat ...

Hi Jack0128,

It's good to hear that you are the parent of existing students.  Did you get any other offers, such as DBS, last year?  Why did you choose this school?

38#
發表於 09-11-10 14:32 |只看該作者
grDaddy,

My son got the other offers, but not DBS.
SSCPS is his first offer, and we believed that it's a good school for him. He is not a very smart kid, but
a good boy. I like my son to enjoy his school life and have a good and happy memory.  

原帖由 grDaddy 於 09-11-10 14:22 發表

Hi Jack0128,

It's good to hear that you are the parent of existing students.  Did you get any other offers, such as DBS, last year?  Why did you choose this school?

39#
發表於 09-11-10 14:40 |只看該作者
Hi Jack,

Do you think you will choose DBS or SPCCPS if you got the offer from any one of them?  I think most people will do so.

40#
發表於 09-11-10 14:45 |只看該作者
As the payment date is 23 Nov when the first round allocation result to be released by the school, will many people give up their offer?
Work hard moms!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題