密      碼:
搜索
樓主: silvia_ng
go

09年小一 [複製鏈接]

101#
發表於 09-8-31 12:09 |只看該作者
原帖由 shirleyyip04 於 09-8-31 11:12 發表
唔知係咪班班都會換位呢?因為我仔仔係29號比隔離個同學"meet"佢手臂,"meet"到紅曬.....我接佢時都仲睇到有紅,我仔話老師都見到,已即時話了這位同學,希望會有改善,我仔係細仔,又怕羞又怕事,我已經同了仔仔講,如果再發 ...

oh....希望你仔仔冇事同埋冇嚇親啦。
果個小朋友可能熱情左d, 佢返一排小學應該會改善到架啦。同埋好彩你仔仔識出聲同你講。

我估聽日應該都會再換位既....到時老師安排一個靚靚女同學坐佢隔離, 等佢開心返啦。

102#
發表於 09-8-31 13:15 |只看該作者
各位媽咪,

請問知唔知明天除了要帶回通告外, 還要帶什麼?  問亞仔, 又話唔知!  Thanks.

103#
發表於 09-8-31 13:46 |只看該作者
Dear Principal,

What is Daily 7?  Also, what is the recommended list you mentioned?  Do you mean that there would be a recommended reading list for the kids?  Would the daily newspaper be part of it?

原帖由 principal 於 09-8-30 23:31 發表
henryesther,

Will you order the Chinese or English newspapers for kids?  My husband wants the English one but I worry if it will  be too difficult for P1 student to read.  Any suggestion?  

- Daily  ...

104#
發表於 09-8-31 15:08 |只看該作者
Little_Princess,

Daily 7 is an English newspaper targeting for pupils in primary schools in HK and is mainly subscribed by many English primary schools and international schools in town.
For more details about this English newspaper, please have a look at their website.

http://www.daily7-daily10.com/

I should not use the words “recommended list” last nigh as they appear to be misleading.
What I mean is the school will normally be approached by leading newspapers like SCMP, Daily 7, 明報, 經濟日報 and so on at the beginning of the school term.

The school will circulate such notices to parents and it is up to parents’ own decision whether they would like to subscribe what newspaper(s) for their children or not?
This is totally optional, not compulsory.

Therefore, this is NO “recommended list” for newspapers nor book lists at all.

Also, as I have not seen the the circulars of the new school term yet so I do not know what newspapers have approached the school so far.

Hope this clarifies.

原帖由 Little_Princess 於 09-8-31 13:46 發表
Dear Principal,

What is Daily 7?  Also, what is the recommended list you mentioned?  Do you mean that there would be a recommended reading list for the kids?  Would the daily newspaper be part of it? ...

[ 本帖最後由 principal 於 09-8-31 16:13 編輯 ]

105#
發表於 09-8-31 17:08 |只看該作者
  wahoo... very busy these days here!!
"Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn't matter to me.... Going to bed at night saying we've done something wonderful... that's what matters to me."
    -Steve Jobs-

106#
發表於 09-8-31 17:34 |只看該作者
flostangraphy,

Don’t laugh!!

I can guarantee that you will be even busier than us starting from September onwards when all the P1 admission talks and interviews reach their zenith.  

Personally, I will recommend you to apply for a few more DSS and private schools for back-up as the competition at most schools will be much keener this year than last year due to higher birth rate in 2004!!

Good luck!

原帖由 flostangraphy 於 09-8-31 17:08 發表
  wahoo... very busy these days here!!

107#
發表於 09-8-31 17:46 |只看該作者
原帖由 henryesther 於 09-8-30 23:17 發表
We have finally tried the bus service both ways on the orientation day.  Since we can try the route with the new students only, we cannot have the full picture of the whole route when the bus is full. ...

1.  Suggest that you consider the weight of all the things your kid needs to carry to / from school each day, before deciding whether or not you are gong to subscribe to XXX newspaper.  The kids already have quite a lot to carry, don't order ALL newspaper ==> very very heavy !

2.  Daily 7 (or Daily 10 for more advance level) is quite good - a lot of pictures / photos, interesting to kids.  Although it is quite expensive (~$4 per copy of 4 pages), kids will be able to build up their vocab / general knowledge from reading.

108#
發表於 09-8-31 17:47 |只看該作者
原帖由 principal 於 09-8-31 17:34 發表
flostangraphy,

Don’t laugh!!

I can guarantee that you will be even busier than us starting from September onwards when all the P1 admission talks and interviews reach their zenith.  

Per ...

Yes, ALL parents will have a very busy day / night tomorrow.  Lots of notices to sign and cheques to write !  A big pile every year !

[ 本帖最後由 Bluestar 於 09-8-31 19:01 編輯 ]

109#
發表於 09-8-31 18:40 |只看該作者
Bluestar,

As current parents, we should know that we have to reserve at least one hour to read all the circulars and sign all the cheques tomorrow night.  

原帖由 Bluestar 於 09-8-31 17:47 發表

Yes, ALL parents will have a very bugy day / night tomorrow.  Lots of notices to sign and cheques to write !  A big pile every year !

110#
發表於 09-8-31 18:41 |只看該作者
Wow, just one day and so many people come.

Principal and Bluestar,

Thank you for your advice but we don't have Daily 7 on our order list this term. What we have are SCMP, Ming Po and ES Lite.  I think SCMP will be too hard for P1 to read.  Have you ordered Ming Po before?  Would it be very heavy to carry?

Silvia_ng,

My kid joined the speech festival for English poem last year too.  However, her school did provide training for her so she really learnt a lot from it.  Her kindergarten teacher encouraged us to keep sending her to the festival in the coming years. How did you train your son last year?  I'm surely not an expert in.  

For those "old" parents, do you know if the school will provide assistance ,if not training, to the students joining speech festival?  

My kid is still excited about her 1st day and asked me so many questions.  

Hope all P1 students will have a happy beginning on their primary school lives.

111#
發表於 09-8-31 18:58 |只看該作者
henryesther,

1) Personally, I think SCMP might be a bit hard for P1 pupils in general.   
However, there might be some pupils who do not have any problems in understanding it at all.   
For Ming Pao, are you sure the kids have to carry the newspaper from the school back home everyday??   
I understand that for some newspapers like SCMP, you only need to get the copy from the nearby
7-11.   

You may double check that first.

2) For the Speech Festival, perhaps the teachers may pick up a few pupils with potential for training just a few weeks before the start of the competition.   
But you do not know who will be chosen at this moment.   
Therefore, another alternative is to look for some private centres in town.

原帖由 henryesther 於 09-8-31 18:41 發表

Principal and Bluestar,

Thank you for your advice but we don't have Daily 7 on our order list this term. What we have are SCMP, Ming Po and ES Lite.  I th ...

[ 本帖最後由 principal 於 09-8-31 19:01 編輯 ]

112#
發表於 09-8-31 19:00 |只看該作者
ha ha ha!!! dear all parents,
don't make me wrong, i was not laughing at you at all!!!
it just feels so good to know that we are not alone!!! he he he!!!
i'm busy writing and asking recommendation letter and reference letters these days.... seems we are a bit late.... so really need to hurry up!
we do have selected 3 more school for back up...

原帖由 principal 於 31/8/2009 17:34 發表
flostangraphy,

Don’t laugh!!

Per ...
"Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn't matter to me.... Going to bed at night saying we've done something wonderful... that's what matters to me."
    -Steve Jobs-

113#
發表於 09-8-31 19:04 |只看該作者

Principal and Bluestar,

Thank you for your advice but we don't have Daily 7 on our order list this term. What we have are SCMP, Ming Po and ES Lite.  I th ...

Hello again.

You should be getting a circular for ordering Daily 7 in due course.

ESLite is also OK, not too difficult nor expensive.

My kid enjoys reading both.

114#
發表於 09-8-31 19:04 |只看該作者
原帖由 principal 於 09-8-31 18:40 發表
Bluestar,

As current parents, we should know that we have to reserve at least one hour to read all the circulars and sign all the cheques tomorrow night.  

Yes.  That's our annual homework from TSL !

115#
發表於 09-8-31 19:06 |只看該作者
flostangraphy,

No worries!  
Just kidding with you only!
Don't take it too seriously!  

I dare to type such words to you and Bluestar only as I know both of you do not mind making jokes with each other for most of the time.     

原帖由 flostangraphy 於 09-8-31 19:00 發表

i'm busy writing and asking recomme ...

116#
發表於 09-8-31 19:36 |只看該作者
原帖由 principal 於 09-8-31 18:40 發表
Bluestar,

我地星期六已經睇左十幾張架啦...乜除左訂飯之外仲有咩?

我細女間幼稚園都係好多circular架....咁我咪...."你已經比d通告包圍啦..拿拿林開支票比錢..."

117#
發表於 09-8-31 19:37 |只看該作者
原帖由 SueBeeCheung 於 09-8-31 13:15 發表
各位媽咪,

請問知唔知明天除了要帶回通告外, 還要帶什麼?  問亞仔, 又話唔知!  Thanks.

我比仔仔帶筆袋, 比佢帶小息既用品,  手冊...冇啦...

118#
發表於 09-8-31 19:44 |只看該作者
Silvia_ng,

My kid joined the speech festival for English poem last year too.  However, her school did provide training for her so she really learnt a lot from it.  Her kindergarten teacher encouraged us to keep sending her to the festival in the coming years. How did you train your son last year?  I'm surely not an expert in

嘻嘻...我都係用返想當年老師train我既方法train呀仔咋。解釋首詩既意思, 先背左佢, 練呼吸位。再跟住練大細聲位, 加動作。以前幼稚園都係冇support, 老師冇執佢地發音果d野, 不過會安排每個學生上一次台, 係早會對住幾百人講一次囉。臨比賽前一日, 係班上再講一次, that's it。唔洗擔心呀, 用玩下既心情去參與, 會有意想不到既效果呢!
反而比錢搵人教, 仲衰過我地玩玩下既成績呀! 如果小朋友係幼稚園比賽時贏過, 你不如試下自薦又得唔得呢?

119#
發表於 09-8-31 19:45 |只看該作者
And lunch, table mat.

原帖由 silvia_ng 於 09-8-31 19:37 發表

我比仔仔帶筆袋, 比佢帶小息既用品,  手冊...冇啦...

120#
發表於 09-8-31 19:45 |只看該作者
原帖由 flostangraphy 於 09-8-31 19:00 發表
i'm busy writing and asking recomme ...

哈哈...你將會仲忙過我地呀, 我地都係忙一晚半晚, 你起碼兩三個月啦。
‹ 上一主題|下一主題