搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Hiring a new principal
發新帖
查看: 1500|回覆: 4
go

Hiring a new principal

發表於 09-1-22 12:33 |顯示全部帖子
Hi,

I beleive most of you would not have expected the day will come so soon. Most people are reluctant to see changes. However, there are  always 2 sides of a coin.

Sorry to say that I have to raise this topic in BK since we are still lack of a discussion platform that we can use in the school website so that we can exchange parents concerns and ideas in a broader sense.

As  you may know the principal is leaving our school for a better offer in a few months, what should/can  we (School council , RAPT, parents) do to make sure the new leader will

1. nourish  the good things /values which have been established
- what are those ?

2. improve in other  areas
- what are those?

3. review the balance of authority among the new principal, ESF, school council, RAPT ?

4. Setting the contract of the new principal
- do we need to set acadamic goals ?
- do we need to set a longer period for the resignation period of future principals?
- how to maintain/improve  the loyalty of future principals and seniors staffs of our school?

Thank you for sharing your ideas and thoughts.

發表於 09-1-22 13:43 |顯示全部帖子
I am sorry but I think what you are expecting is unfair to the new principal.

If the previous principal is THAT good, he should have laid the good seeds in the school already that it is no easy job to remove them. And it is very stupid to try to control what will happen as it is impossible, and it ruins the future of the school. In my opinion, what will be best for the school is the support the new principal to bring new success to the school.

原帖由 acdad 於 09-1-22 12:33 發表
Hi,

I beleive most of you would not have expected the day will come so soon. Most people are reluctant to see changes. However, there are  always 2 sides of a coin.

Sorry to say that I have to raise ...

發表於 09-1-22 14:09 |顯示全部帖子
Are you talking about Shatin Junior School?

發表於 09-1-22 15:23 |顯示全部帖子
They are talking about Renaissance College, RCHK.

Need some time to think it over before reverting

Have a nice Lunar New Year Holidays

發表於 09-1-22 16:33 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Beibie,

Sorry, I don't get that. Please specify what expectations below are unfair to the NEW principal.

I think it is unfair to the students and parents if we know something can be set forth  in advance at the early stage when we are looking for a candidate to fill the post.

It sounds like  someone has already picked a candidate and have negotiated all the terms already!

If the good seeds being  referred is the NEW principal candidate, will he follow the current principal and leave the school when the big brother need help in his new kingdom someday!

acdad.

原帖由 beibie 於 09-1-22 13:43 發表
I am sorry but I think what you are expecting is unfair to the new principal.

If the previous principal is THAT good, he should have laid the good seeds in the school already that it is no easy job t ...

[ 本帖最後由 acdad 於 09-1-22 16:46 編輯 ]